Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bright Eyes

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Bright Eyes

So Bright Eyes is my current obsession. Does anyone here like Bright Eyes, ASIDE from Chris (xX.Silver.Wings.Xx) (who introduced me to Bright Eyes ^^)?

My favorite songs are:
    No Lies, Just Love
    I Will Be Grateful for this Day
    The Calendar Hung Itself...
    Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh
    First Day of My Life
    Lover I Don't Have to Love
    Easy/Lucky/Free
    False Advertising
    If Winter Ends
    Pull My Hair
    A Poetic Retelling of an Unfortunate Seduction

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning and Lifted are amazing albums. I don't really like Digital Ash in a Digital Urn.

Conor Oberst makes some great folk rock, but I'm no so sure about his attempts at other stuff.
    What I've been listening to:

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Love Bright Eyes, especially Lifted which is a fantastic album. In contrast to the post above, I think Digital Ash was a pretty good attempt at something different, and it was a nice idea to release two simultaneous albums. Very much looking forward to the new album on April 9th.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I enjoyed Lifted, and became positively obsessed with Wide Awake when it was released. The older stuff is a bit more hit and miss, but it seems as though he's settling into a country-ish style as he gets older. Cassadaga's a further step in that direction, from what I heard when I saw him earlier this month.

Favourite songs would have to be First Day of My Life, At the Bottom of Everything, Make War and A Song to Pass the Time.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is a smurfing classic.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only heard it recently but.... I like take it easy (love nothing).
    rawr

Camoflauge! Camoflauge! Shine On...'s Avatar

Really quality work. I love Bright Eyes, but I really don't like it when all of the musical elitists in the world are like "Bright eyes is so GAY! Listen to smurfing good music please..."
    Sig please.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I prefer the more digital songs, myself. I loved I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, but it was just a little TOO folksy for me. My current favorite album over all...hmm. I love Fevers and Mirrors, but Lifted and Letting off the Happiness are great too... I'm buying Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, Noise Floor: Rarities 1998-2005, and Cassadaga as soon as I can though.

I'm surprised so many people here liked Bright Eyes. I was expecting a bunch of OMFG GTFO STUPID EMO KID stuff here. :/

Bright Eyes = Emo?

I have to disagree with that strongly. Melancholy and sad? Yeah...and? That doesn't mean emo. Bright Eyes is definitely a folk rock/indie rock amd occasionally electronica band.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Bright Eyes. My husband's band covers one of their songs.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Bright Eyes = Emo?

I have to disagree with that strongly. Melancholy and sad? Yeah...and? That doesn't mean emo. Bright Eyes is definitely a folk rock/indie rock amd occasionally electronica band.
    I realize that. I'm talking about the morons who say Bright Eyes is emo. I personally think a band isn't 'emo' unless they declare it themselves. But you do have to admit, it does fit the stereotype. Not to mention Bright Eyes has a HUGE emo fanbase.

EDIT@Shlup: What song?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Bright Eyes = Emo?

I realize that. I'm talking about the morons who say Bright Eyes is emo. I personally think a band isn't 'emo' unless they declare it themselves. But you do have to admit, it does fit the stereotype. Not to mention Bright Eyes has a HUGE emo fanbase.

Stylistically? No, I haven't ever heard an emo band that has a sound similar to Bright Eyes. Lyrical content? Probably. I would agree with you there. Which would better explain the emo fanbase.

That's just my take on it anyway.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Bright Eyes = Emo?

Stylistically? No, I haven't ever heard an emo band that has a sound similar to Bright Eyes. Lyrical content? Probably. I would agree with you there. Which would better explain the emo fanbase.

That's just my take on it anyway.
    Still doesn't matter either way I guess. I love it, even if they aren't emo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tokyo Showdown (my husband's band) covers Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh. I don't think they have any recordings up of it though. There might be one at www.tokyoshowdown.com but my laptop sucks and freezes when I try and load the page so I can't check.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Tokyo Showdown (my husband's band) covers Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh. I don't think they have any recordings up of it though. There might be one at www.tokyoshowdown.com but my laptop sucks and freezes when I try and load the page so I can't check.
    I'd look for it if it weren't for those damn parental blocks.

I love that song though.