Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSXP

Its not even 100% certain there will even be a PSP2. So it would be wiser just to buy a PSP now.

I thought it was confirmed to be coming out at the end of this year with some new features such as 4/8GB memory?

Anyways, I just had a look around on the prices of PSP in Australia, and they are still $400AUD (as they were at release). Man, that sucks, even the DS Lite has gone down $30 and includes a free game. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

There was alot of false rumors going around March last year that a new version of the PSP will be out in Christmas 06. This was meant to be a thinner model, a camera and 4GB memory. It was all trash, and as of now, nothing has officially been said by Sony of a PSP2 and a release date for it.

I see, that sucks. A PSP2 probably would have sold me.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Chances are everyone will be back on square one when emulating on the PSP2. With every Firmware update comes barriers for all the emulators present on the firmware below it. When a PSP2 does come out, no doubt Sony will make it near impossible to hack. So you'll be best buying the machine that everyone can exploit.

Ah, you'd be surprised what people can get around.

Anyways, is there anything I'd be missing by using a homebrew firmware, instead of a new official firmware?

Edit: OMFG they remade the original Myst for PSP. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    AAnyways, is there anything I'd be missing by using a homebrew firmware, instead of a new official firmware?
    Depends what Firmwares your talking about. If you want an official firmware, the best one is 1.5, as it allows you to do emulate almost everything except PS1 games. Most of the firmwares above are fine but are more of a hassle and if you accidentally go one to high you'll find you'll be stuck as you wont be able to downgrade and wont be able to emulate anything.

The custom firmware of choice is 3.10 OE-A. This is what I use and it is by far the best firmware you can put on your PSP ( for now anyway ). It allows you to do everything a 1.5 can and has the bonus of letting you play PS1 games. Theres nothing you lose, and alot you gain. So you'd be wanting this firmware.