Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with Giruvegan?

Yea that lightning goat. But do you know how to get some of there good weps like there secret ones? Or more Espers? I did look up on how to get some of the Espers and its really complicated and hard.

Well, a real simple one to get at this point in the game is probably Zeromus in the shrine of Miriam. He's hard though, and I myself still haven't beaten him, but I did attempt when i was like level 40 and tried giving him a run for his money. (SPOILER)His little re-spawing friends really started to annoy me though, so be careful there!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Adrammelech and Exodus are also fairly easy.

Zalera is easy too but you have to do Dantro's wife quest. It is a fun quest though.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Well I have Exodus and im not really planning on getting Zeromus yet, cause I hear you cant use magicks in that battle. Im mainly focusing on getting Zalera and Cuchulainn right now.

Hey, where'd you get Exodus?

Banned

Some info on the optional Espers:

Adremmelech doesn't have very high HP, and you can kill him in the lvl 20s if you are good enough with Quickenings. Zalera is also not that hard and can be beaten in the 20s as well. (SPOILER)You only have to kill about 2 Dead bones, then attack him during that battle and kill him in under 5 minutes. Just use Phoenix downs to revive and don't bother healing, since he inflicts Death a lot. Oh yeah, and make sure your characters' levels aren't a prime number, or you will be sorry.

Cuchulainn is annoying. (SPOILER)The Magick field around him causes a status like Sap, though it drains your HP MUCH faster. He can also additionally inflict Sap to further annoy you. During the battle, some Foobar enemies will appear; kill them with Magicks or Quickenings, since they will be a nuisance. And watch out for his Immobilizega attack.

Exodus isn't too bad. (SPOILER)He spends a lot of time casting Reflect, which can prove to be his downfall. However, his Magick is very strong and he can even use Scathe to deal about 3000 Damage to your characters. Scathe is AoE though, so you can avoid most of it by spreading out your party. Though you can't use Items in this battle, it shouldn't be that hard.

Zeromus can be hard. (SPOILER)The reason is because you are not allowed to use Magick against him, and you probably rely on magick a lot. Dark Lord enemies also infinitely spawn to annoy you as well. With the Pheasant Netsuke accesory and all the Phoenix Lore augments, Phoenix Downs can restore you to full health. Since you cannot use Magick with your MP, that only leaves you with Quickenings. Use Quickenings and kill the Dark Lords when you run out of MP. This way, with Headsman and Inquisitor Augments, you can restore your MP for more Quickenings.

Chaos is VERY annoying. (SPOILER)He summons a bunch of minions to help him, and you want to kill them quickly, since they cast Silence to harass your party. You are also not allowed to use "Attack" in this battle, meaning you will have to use Magicks (Shock or Bio are probably the best for you to use, since they don't take up much MP or have long animations like Flare and Holy) or Telekinesis. His Whirlwind attack can do high damage and probably kill you in one hit, and his Aeroja can cause Confuse, which is VERY bad. Watch out for Fearga as well, since you really need MP in this battle.

Ultima is just as bad, if not worse than Chaos. (SPOILER)Probably the most annoying part of her is getting to her, which involves navigating through the Great Crystal of Giruvegan. As you get closer to Ultima, the monsters also become tougher (up to around level 60 monsters). It's possible to do this in the 40s or 50s, though it will be HELL. Once you finally get to her, the battle will be tough because of the Magick field. It alternates between previous ones you've encountered (e.g. HP drain, MP drain, No Magick, No Attack, No items, Magnetic field, etc.) She'll use Holyja a lot, and it can cause Reverse too. You'll need Sage's Rings and White Masks to absorb it.

Zordiark (SPOILER)you can find out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Hey, where'd you get Exodus?
    (SPOILER)Mosophoran Highwaste. You have to touch the right shrines to lead up to the path to Exodus.
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-10-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Alright, but can you now tell me where you find Zalera?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Alright, but can you now tell me where you find Zalera?
    Have you got the Barheim Key yet?

Yeah, but I heard that you have to venture through Garamslythe Waterway to get to the Barheim passage, again.

Banned

No, No. You enter Barheim from the Estersand from the Weather-Beaten Door. I think I might have been the one who told you that could enter from Garamsythe. But that's not what I meant.
    (SPOILER)
    I meant that in the area where Zalera is located, you will be able to get to Garamsythe from there once you beat him.

I get all what you're saying, but when I go to the entrance of the Barheim passage in the Esterlands. The people still say that I cannot enter because it is blocked off, and that their leader is still in there. I just want to get in, DAMMIT.

So do I have to do something special to get in or something, cause I done the sidequest to get the actual key?

Yea all I need now is Zelera and Zeromus at the time. So how do I get this key? And what do I have to do once I get it.

Oh yea. Where can I get a pheasant nesuke?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Go back to the Estersand where you did the quest, talk to everyone there. Then try talking to everyone near the entry. You should find the woman who was sick (the boss is a woman) and she will help you open the passage for you
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Wow Zeromus waz pretty easy :P All I need now is Zelera which should and will be easy like all the others. (except for Chuculainn a little bit.)
    But I'll give you guys a hollar if I have trouble.

How do you get through the Scorpio gate? It says that powerful magics block the way, but I thought I lifted all the levers.