Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mt Ordeals: Rise of the Paladin

I don't think there is a non-metallic weapon for Cecil. Apart from Bows and Arrows which I used. I think that's what I done anyway.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Great Bow + Lightning Arrows, or a stave.

That must be so depressing
    to fight with Bows and Arrows...I don't even remember fighting with that last time i played. I think i couldn't bear to sink that low and see the decrease of attack points that Cecil would usually take away...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

That's why I just run through it to the dark elf then kick some BOOTAY on the way out.

FFXIV Character

Put him in the back row and he becomes a bit of a tank. Just have him put Cover on and you won't burn as many potions. Yang and Cid should be able to dole out sufficent damage with their weaponry as is.

Cid is easily one of the strongest characters when you get him. The only problem with him is his speed. He is soooooo slow. Is there anything that can speed him up at all?

I hate Cid. He's useless. His worst than Tellah and Tellah isn't even that bad for me. Cid takes away like 200 points at the moment.
    I kinda forgot, do i have to use this team for the Tower Of Zot or do i get newbies in the team?

You use that team for the tower of Zot then at the top Tellah leaves your party and Rosa and Kain join for that horrible fight against Valvalis/Barbariccia.
    I like Cid. His attack is pretty strong at the end of the game(GBA version) but his speed sucks and his scan skill is worthless.

FFXIV Character

Cid's HP also gets stupidly high, and the Flare Hammer or whatever is quite the tasty weapon. Cid should be doing comparable damage to Cecil with a Mythril Hammer, if not slightly higher. And I always thought he had the coolest looking sprite. The Barbariccia fight is also totally awesome, and I love the challenge factor in it. 8-)

The Barbariccia fight is also totally awesome, and I love the challenge factor in it.
    Part of that challenge is FF4's way of "here's your party, see what you can do with it." The game takes away all of your black magic for this and the Calbrina battle. You can't blast her with spells. Also, attacking the tornado does little. It shows the importance of the returning party members.

FFXIV Character

Dear god, what the HELL did you do to the tables?!

Despite the difficulty of it I love the Barbariccia fight simply because I get a decent team. I make Cid attack and throw potions whenever Rosa gets tired.
    Yang just attacks constantly.
    Cecil attacks constantly and uses Cover when she uses her tornado move.
    Rosa uses Cura constantly.
    Kain attacks then Jumps, attacks then jumps etc.
    It's a decent strategy that I used the first time I beat her and I've continued using it ever since.

How can Cid hold on though...Tower Of Zot game me so much nightmares. It's so long to get through.

Update: I've got beat the crap outta Dark Elf and it was the easiest battle ever when he turned into his dragon form. It literally took 10 seconds more and then he was dead. I'm seriously better than last time I played.

So I'm planning on leveling to 30 now for Cecil. What you lot think of that, you think I'll stride through the tower of zot or you think I should get to just 25 or something?

These were my levels at the start and then at the bit before Golbez.

(At the start)
    Cecil: lvl 25
    Yang: lvl 25
    Cid: lvl 26
    Tellah: lvl 27

(After defeating Magus sisters)
    Cecil: lvl 28
    Yang: lvl 29
    Cid: lvl 29
    Tellah: lvl 30

so level 25 should be okay because I found the tower to be incredibly easy apart from the Barbariccia. The only reason I find that fight tough is cos I always forget to unequip Tellah before he leaves the team. Then Rosa has a crappy weapon and crappy armor.

Alright then. My goal is to level up to your after Magus sisters level.

So i gotta get three levels up before i return the crystal to that backstabbing bastard Kain.