Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 44.83%
  • No

32 55.17%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Linkin Park Emo?

I think there very close to being emo, but not quite there.

Nope. The guy just sings from the heart. I like Linkin Park not only because their songs are great, but because the guy's voice has so much range, especially for a rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar Tissue View Post
    Nope. The guy just sings from the heart. I like Linkin Park not only because their songs are great, but because the guy's voice has so much range, especially for a rocker.
    I agree!
    I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret between a shadow and a soul...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue* View Post
    I love Linkin Park...I don't think they're completely emo...Because some of they're lyrics are just angry and only like 3 of them are 'emo'. Anywayz...Everytime I listen to them I don't get sad or anything, in fact...I get angry, lol I like listening to them. It makes me mad
    Compared to My Chemical Romance and Nickelback, Linkin Park is not emo...

I can't wait for LP's new album! ^-^
    Nickelback isn't..um...they aren't emo.
    While terrible and annoyingly angsty, I agree that Nickelback isn't emo. =/
    My girlfriend's friend is really into Nickleback and from what I've heard it's incredibly emo and full of stupid. And Linkin Park's singer doesn't have that much range, he's not a very good singer...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Wounds won't heal etc.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I would say a few of their songs are emo, nothing compared to something like Nickleback though. Either way they both suck.
    bassically what he said.

only a few of the songs are emo.

~_~; I like one of Linkin Parks Songs xD

No. They're not emo. The lyrics may be emo-ish but the music isn't. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were considered Nu Metal.

Chester Bennington explained that the sound of Minutes to Midnight will have the nu metal element discarded. The album will be a mixture of punk, classic rock and hip hop beats. The howling and growling will also be abolished. Their first single What I've Done was pretty good! Makes me want to buy the album!

Additionally Minutes to Midnight will also be the first Linkin Park album to have the Parental Advisory: Explicit Content warning.

Source: Wikipedia, Minutes to Midnight (album)
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

I've never thought of Linkin Park as being an emo band, but just a rock band with very similar songs. But, now that I think about it and think about their lyrics one could easily call them emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    No, Linkin Park isn't emo...........at least not in the razorblade romance kind of way.
    razorblade romance... lol - you get much love for that.

I would like to point out that if a song did not potray emotional lyrics, we would only have techno. There is a reason that songs have emotiional trhough put in em.

Plus I think chesters through with pueberty, which makes them 50% less emo right there.

This thread is disgusting.

Linkin Park has nothing to do with emotive hardcore, so OBVIOUSLY they are not emo. Nothing more than generic nu-metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

No, the afterbirth of a baby elephant is discusting; this thread is just fine. I guess it is just using a real example as to the old question, "Where to draw the line for Emo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue* View Post
    I love Linkin Park...I don't think they're completely emo...Because some of they're lyrics are just angry and only like 3 of them are 'emo'. Anywayz...Everytime I listen to them I don't get sad or anything, in fact...I get angry, lol I like listening to them. It makes me mad
    Compared to My Chemical Romance and Nickelback, Linkin Park is not emo...

I can't wait for LP's new album! ^-^
    Nickelback isn't..um...they aren't emo.
    While terrible and annoyingly angsty, I agree that Nickelback isn't emo. =/
    My girlfriend's friend is really into Nickleback and from what I've heard it's incredibly emo and full of stupid. And Linkin Park's singer doesn't have that much range, he's not a very good singer...
    They're a post-grunge band, they don't really have an emo sound to them outside of the lyrics.

They're a post-grunge band, they don't really have an emo sound to them outside of the lyrics.
    They're pop/rock, and since when can't pop/rock be emo? Have you actually listened to their lyrics? They are a horrible band either way, and so is Linkin Park.

Please people, go listen to some real music.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

They're pop/rock, and since when can't pop/rock be emo? Have you actually listened to their lyrics? They are a horrible band either way, and so is Linkin Park.

Nickelback and Linkin Park are different for me. Well you could say that they're both rock, but it's not the same.
    And everything is just a matter of taste! Their music is real for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle

As opposed to fake music, right?