Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 lightning bolts

Default 200 lightning bolts

i tried to dodge those 200 bolts so i can get lulu's sigil but i could never do it.i lose track of what im doing and i dont pay attention and WHAM.i gave up and started collecting dark matters so i can build lulu my own ultra weapon.is there a special trick to dodging thos bolts?if so i would greatly appreciate anyones help.
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    Figaro Castle

It's better to dodge the lightning bolts in smaller groups that way you don't get mentally overwhelmed. When I did mine, I dodged the bolts in groups of 20, took a 2-5 minute rest, then continued.

Once I reached 200 I kept on going until I got up to 240 just to make sure. But even by then I wasn't satisfied so I kept on going.

I stopped taking breaks when I reached over 500 and was able to make it to 641 when I finally got hit.

So my record is 641. I could have gone more if I had rested.

You also need to have a "no encounters" weapon for any of your characters.

i gave up on that. lol

I did something similar to chrisguapo69.

Here's a cut and paste from what I wrote over at FFP when I finally managed to dodge the lightnings:

I failed twice before finding a method that worked for me. I couldn't use the Northern part of the Thunder Plains, where the lightning bolts strike thrice in a row, as I had already activated the Dark Ixion battle, and therefore no lightning struck (at least not from my experience, please let me know if you have experienced otherwise).

So I went to the Southern Part, found a place by the road just shortly after the first couple of towers. Now, you can't save the game, seek shelter under a tower, change the screen or go into the tavern. All those things will make the counter reset. But you can pause the game.

So I found a system where I would start out standing at the road, dodge three lightnings and thus find myself on a small hill, walk back to the road, doge another three etc, until I'd reach 20. Then I paused the game just to stretch my neck and fingers (my boyfriend wrote down every 20 so I didn't have to keep count except for every 20 - which made it easier to focus).

So having a "three-step"-system where I went back to the same spot every time made it easier for me to find a rythm to when the lightning struck, and pause every 20 made it easier to keep focus. When I found this method, I managed it the first time around. (I failed the other two tries, when I just tried 200 in one go without a particular system).
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Oh god somebody please help, I am positive I dodged 200 thunderbolts, but when I went to the chest to pick up the Venus thing, I only got all the prized for 5-50 bolts dodged only, so I looked at my record it only said I dodged 80. I was all frustrated, so I started at 80 and went to 200 again, but it still didn't work. Here's how I did 200. I did 10 in a row, then i saved, and kept doing it until its 200. I though that might have been the problem, so I just screwed around until I got hit a few times, and then dodged a few and went back. my count was still 80 :cry:.

Please somebody help me

Smile I can only offer some advice...

Hmmm... I don't think saving and going at it again works. I never tried that, though. I don't know if you've tried this, but it worked miracles for me. TURN DOWN THE VOLUME! Hit "mute" or something... When I got rid of the distraction of sound, I realized that I timed things very well. The sound of thunder is sometimes inconsistant with the way things are timed, so it's better to focus on the flash itself than the sound. See if that helps. If you have tried it, that's all I got. Hope I helped!

~Glitch

.:A glitch in time saves few:.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saving resets the counter to 0. You have to dodge 200 in a row without saving.
    Figaro Castle

to save you the trouble of doing a search, just read the following link:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=13657

Or you could just use a bot... Oh wait no, not for this game sorreh!

Alright thanks Glitch and Chris
    I'll try doing that, but before I do that, do any of you know why the counter wont change even though I got hit and dodged some again?
    I just wanna be sure I'm not gonna waste a s~!tload of effort again (am I allowed to cuss? :confused: )
    -Grim
    Sig removed for being over the 1657 lb. weight limit. Would you like some tea and crumpets?

The counter says that you've dodged 80 because even though you got hit, you still have your personal best at 80. When you get hit, go under the towers, go into the inn or save, the counter up to 200 resets - but your personal best is still 80. See what I mean?
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguapo69 View Post
    to save you the trouble of doing a search, just read the following link:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=13657
    You mean like the first reply to this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    God forbid you read an entire thread before posting. :rolleyes2
    Figaro Castle

Alright, thanks Tabris that helped a lot :)
    oh sorry, I was kinda lazy at the time to read the whole thing:tongue:
    Sig removed for being over the 1657 lb. weight limit. Would you like some tea and crumpets?

hey tabris,whats that about a dark ixion battle?can you tell me how to do that cus i thought i already did everything there is to do in X exept get lulu's sigil and kill nemesis(working on that now)
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight