Thread: European Travel

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default European Travel

Which countries would you like to visit in Europe, and why? I'm trying to decide where I want to visit for four days in May, but I don't have too many ideas, or anything I would really like to see. I know I don't want to go to the UK, Italy, Germany, or the Czech Republic, because I want to go somewhere new.

Have you been in Greece? I'm there all the time...
    Actually I never been in England...and I could go to Belgium, Germany and Russia to visit my cousins!!!

I live in UK and i have to say if you aren't into history then don't bother. Rome is a great place to visit but that also ties in with the history aspect. Belgium is just fields of cows (seriously), France is okayish and Germany is probably the best bet to go for.
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig limits posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. Maybe try saving as a jpg instead of a png. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

<b>I don't</b> want to go to the UK, Italy, Germany, or the Czech Republic, because I want to go somewhere new.

Blog Entries

Austria was cool. Italy was nice but REALLY hot when I was in Rome.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rome was just right when I was there. Not too hot to walk in the day, and not too cold to wear short sleaves at night.

Rome rained every day i was there (2 weeks ago). Oh and Greece is the best Holiday destination (Spain is overated), it is so hot and has beautiful scenery and very friendly people.
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig limits posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. Maybe try saving as a jpg instead of a png. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spain or Greece were my two fallback ideas, but I'm hoping for some other interesting ones. From what I hear Spain is pretty much party town. Greece would seem like just a bunch more history, and being so close to when I was in Rome I'm looking for something other than old buildings and statues.

The only other choice is France then. I can't remember any other European countries and i live in Europe lol. Greece is not just about history it is a great place to just relax trust me.

If you want to come to Greece don't do it now,the weather is kinda rainy now. After a month or so it will be better! And like Trance_Kuja said it's great for holiday vacation. If you don't want to don't look at the old buildings go to the sea or the islands, there are about 3000 known...

Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, and Poland are all good places to visit, so I hear. I've never personally been to Europe, but those I know that have been say good things about those places.

Alternatively, depending on the amount of time you are there and if you are traveling with anyone, a road trip is in order.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Norway is only for tourists with fat wallets, mind you.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I wan't to visit Finland and Sweden :}

Why do people wan't to visit the UK? seriously, its beyond me. Theres nothing interesting ;__;

Oh, man, I'd absolutely love to go all over Europe and spend lots and lots of time and money in each place I visit. (Hey, I can dream!) Some specific cities/towns/places:

*Paris (for the Louvre and ballet and opera and and French cheeses and stuff)
    *Venice (for the gondolas and Italian food and water and maybe...Casanova-style masquerades? :-()
    *Nice (for the sea and French cheeses)
    *[North] London (Emirates stadium and football and drinking beer in English pubs heehee)
    *Spalding (UK) (to visit my friends, themagicroundabout in that number!)
    *Prague (because I WANT TO!)
    *Berlin (such a historically important city <3 I must!)
    *Dublin (I love Irish accents and leprechauns)
    *Moscow/St. Petersburg/Peterhof (find all I can about the Romanovs! and visit all their palaces!)
    *Athens (GREEK MYTHOLOGY + THE MEDITERRANEAN = HEAVEN)

...well, I guess that's pretty extensive for now. I wanna do Spain and Portugal too. And hell, more. MORE MORE MORE. See the whole world!

Edit: Sorry :o Carrots, I know little of Europe and have seen little too. But France appears to be such a must-see for every tourist to Europe, that maybe you should check it out.
    Last edited by Resha; 04-03-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Ireland. You'd never leave.