Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unbelievable [SPOILERS]

Let's not forget some of the other near-death experiences. Rydia and Edward get sucked into a giant whirlpool. Cain and Cecil survive a fire and an earthquake. The twins are stoners.

Rydia probably had an invisible beard to accompany her bushy eyebrows-this is why Leviathan accepted her (and not Edward, who was washed to shore in a land of women who wore purple...He fits right in).
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
    Rydia probably had an invisible beard to accompany her bushy eyebrows-this is why Leviathan accepted her
    No. What Rydia lacks in a beard she makes up for by being really, really hot.

See, when she was a child she was not hot. Hence her sucking. But as an adult, sweet sultry JESUS is she hot. Therefore, awesome.

Anyone who wants to see a lot of people die, play FF2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

We ARE talking about FF2 here (SNES version, at least)

Anyways, I have a theory on the survival of Cid and Yang. Never fear, it involves Cid's beard.

It's all because everyone in the FFIV world worships Chuck Norris. The only reason they never speak his name is because Chuck forbids it. Cid and Yang were the high priests of Baron and Fabul respectively. They show their position by emulating Chuck in some way; Yang's kick attack was in honour of the roundhouse kick, and Cid tried to look like Norris in beard and physique. Chuck Norris was proud of his two most faithful disciples, and so performed miracles to show to the world his power and his mercy; he roundhouse-kicked Yang into the Slyph cave moments before the room exploded (Yang's screams of pain were not due to his flesh burning, but the far more painful experience of meeting with the foot. Cid, on the other hand, Chuck switched with a figurine of himself, which he mentioned in passing to one of his many girlfriends, Marle, and inspired the switcharoo event in Chrono Trigger. He then took Cid to the Dwarven Castle. Both of them were sworn to secrecy, since Chuck Norris told them he'd be back, to destroy the world, if they ever told anyone. EVER.

...OK
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

For girls, beard is replaced with crazy hair.

...look at the Amano art, Rydia has the craziest hair and is therefore the most awesome./

True, Rosa has boring hair, and is crap...Edward's hair is not really that wild--oh yeah, he's a guy!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

well, here in philly, a guy got hit by the L train a few weeks ago, but he's going to be able to walk again. so i would say anything's possible.

Cid's the top engineer in the world, so I'm sure he knows alot about explosions and has been caught in them a few times.

Yang is a top-tier monk, and must have spent years, if not decades to prepare for pain.

a little more realistic than the beard theories, but no more credible.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    well, here in philly, a guy got hit by the L train a few weeks ago, but he's going to be able to walk again. so i would say anything's possible.
    I bet the guy had a huge ol' awsome beard that derailed the train.
    Figaro Castle

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
    Rydia probably had an invisible beard to accompany her bushy eyebrows-this is why Leviathan accepted her
    No. What Rydia lacks in a beard she makes up for by being really, really hot.

See, when she was a child she was not hot. Hence her sucking. But as an adult, sweet sultry JESUS is she hot. Therefore, awesome.
    I wonder if the second version of Rydia really is an adult? Rosa is only 18 or 19, right? Rydia, outside of her child form, is never given an age.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just think how much more awesome the whale ship would be if the whale grew a beard.