Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death Note

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

A'yo, I just finised watching the first eposide on Yu Tube. This would make a great Adult Swim show. Do they have english versions?
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You mean like dubs?
    Yup! But I think the majority are fandubbed. It's not the official dub or anything, but some of it are okay.

Happy Birthday to Me

I trying to get the avi files, because me and youtube dont get on well. But starseeker has been bugging me to watch it for a while now, so it better be good.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    I've heard that the series starts going downhill in the manga after this point, so I'm not particularly looking forward to that. Still, it's been quite entertaining, standing out as one of the better shows from the last mediocre anime season.
    I would say that the second arc starts off with a bang and then after a while you realize that they were firing blanks the whole time. It gets pretty bad and it really should have ended about where the anime is now. It only gets worse from here on out with poor plot points and plans that have way too many holes in them. More than the beginning when it came to Penbar.

Quote Originally Posted by 41-Inches-Wide View Post
    Yeah I do that, but roto said something about downloading Death Note, which is kind of fantastic.

Anyway w00t to me having the death note scanlations vols 1-9!
    Get utorrent or another torrent client, then use a torrent search engine to look for episodes, then download them. They're really high quality that way.

Quote Originally Posted by edrfoibsgfd
    I started watching and finished up with the comic recently. It was good up till the end which was just poorly done. So much so that it makes me cry because most of the rest was so well written...for the most part. I have issues with somethings that happened and what was said. I don't know if that is a problem with the translation or just a lapse made by the writer.
    Yeah, the ending of the manga kinda sucks. My problem was (SPOILER)Light got way too cocky. He's usually so careful and complicated and the end he just ends up falling for a bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I started watching and finished up with the comic recently. It was good up till the end which was just poorly done. So much so that it makes me cry because most of the rest was so well written...for the most part. I have issues with somethings that happened and what was said. I don't know if that is a problem with the translation or just a lapse made by the writer.
    Yeah, the ending of the manga kinda sucks. My problem was (SPOILER)Light got way too cocky. He's usually so careful and complicated and the end he just ends up falling for a bluff.
    I agree. Also (SPOILER)there are things Light could have done like tell the other two to write down the names of all the known people to die a few hours after they show up so that if he does get caught it is just him and N left and he could then pick up the Death Note that his side brought and write down N's name as Makami would still be outside writing down everyone's name...at least this is one possible alternative that he could have taken. It was just luck on N's side and incompetence on Light's side. Also when Ryuk said that there is no afterlife that contradicts what he thought to himself about when Light's father died.

Mello's death was also lame. He could have been used so much better.

Might have to have a look at that if I can find it. RahXephon is a weird anime. I have watched 5 discs out of about 7 and it STILL doesn't make a blind bit of sense.

Very good animes to watch:
    * Gundam Wing
    * Fullmetal Alchemist
    * Trigun
    * D N Angel (it's ok but doesn't have much of a storyline)
    * RahXephon
    * Rune Soldier

I hear Wolf's Rain is great too, but I need money first. I don't have the channels to watch these things on, so I buy them on DVD instead.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

DM_Melkhar, please don't go off-topic. This thread is about Death Note, not the other anime series you mentioned. If you wish to talk about those series, start your own thread to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I agree. Also (SPOILER)there are things Light could have done like tell the other two to write down the names of all the known people to die a few hours after they show up so that if he does get caught it is just him and N left and he could then pick up the Death Note that his side brought and write down N's name as Makami would still be outside writing down everyone's name...at least this is one possible alternative that he could have taken. It was just luck on N's side and incompetence on Light's side. Also when Ryuk said that there is no afterlife that contradicts what he thought to himself about when Light's father died.

Mello's death was also lame. He could have been used so much better.
    I wrote "complicated" when I meant... actually I don't remember what I meant. Something with a C.

Yeah, anyway, (SPOILER)the little things like Ryuk mentioning the afterlife don't bother me so much, but the third story arc as a whole kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. It was interesting enough when it started off and then it lost something and it never got it back again. Maybe they'll fix it up a bit in the anime.

I wrote "complicated" when I meant... actually I don't remember what I meant. Something with a C.

Yeah, anyway, (SPOILER)the little things like Ryuk mentioning the afterlife don't bother me so much, but the third story arc as a whole kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. It was interesting enough when it started off and then it lost something and it never got it back again. Maybe they'll fix it up a bit in the anime.
    (SPOILER)I only mention the afterlife because it is just one of quite a few contridictions made in the series and for something hailed as great writing it really isn't that in retrospect when you look at how things progressed. During certain parts of the story. I just mention that because it was one of the last things said and I just finished reading it all last night. That contradiction just sticks out in my mind the most because of timing. It probably wouldn't have been so bad had the end not failed so poorly like it did.