Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of Ownership @ eyesonff.com

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    We should've had a spanking fundraiser. Then Sean wouldn't've had to sell.
    QFT

I donated so little Had I known he was about to sell I would had pitched in more!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

If he plans on selling it after a year for profit, i can only see EoFF's future worth another good two years. It had a good run.

frankly, anyone who has a bad rap sheet, and this is nothing against you personally, just i've heard more bad than good, then it is understandable people would leave. That's the way business is. If you hear the owner is crappy, you don't want to be involved.

exit stage left

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

...Huh? Are people joining now just to try and stir up drama?

Well that's irritating.

Oh, I just remembered.

Sir Sean should've auctioned the place off, not just sold it. :P That, or the paddle fundraiser. *lonely*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Dupree View Post
    If he plans on selling it after a year for profit, i can only see EoFF's future worth another good two years. It had a good run.

frankly, anyone who has a bad rap sheet, and this is nothing against you personally, just i've heard more bad than good, then it is understandable people would leave. That's the way business is. If you hear the owner is crappy, you don't want to be involved.

exit stage left
    You registered just to say that? How flattering.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

If there is to be no change, or changes made that are rather unnoticeable or unintrusive or otherwise upsetting, I see this as no means of feeling down. If anything, this will likely give way to a more lively, stable EoFF.

Sure, there was a certain thought or feeling attributed with it being privately owned by Cid, but a site this large seems to have been rather taxing on Cid. Most likely, such a thing will persevere in the Mods' titles, and other little things scattered about the site.

And the mention of ads being removed is a lovely one indeed.

I am slightly optimistic of this development: do not fail this community, spDude.

And those of the community, please accept such a move by Cid and do not create worthless, useless dramatics.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    We should have a spanking day. It'd be pretty hot and also help eoff become more tightly knit.
    If it were not for the fact that my bottom region already hurts from a spanking day today, I would be all for this. Maybe give me a few days to recover. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I assure you, "small tightly knit community" hasn't been linked to EoFF since around 2001. This place has been big for a long, long time.
    I suppose. Yeah, there are a lot of people. But I still see it as a small community. Mayhaps I really just don't realize how big we are for an online community, as this is pretty much the only one I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxica
    Also

That and Elitisim, It kills every forum and turns discussion boards into a pavilion of the select few who always manage to reply to each other but somehow ignore the entire rest of the community. Lets not have that in EoFF
    You pretty much just described EoFF.
    I wouldn't say so. I'd like to believe that people reply to topics, not individual people. And I would also like to believe that we do welcome newbies fairly well. While some of them annoy me, those usually end up getting banned, and we do always have the good ones.
    I just don't want a bunch of them coming in real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    If there is to be no change, or changes made that are rather unnoticeable or unintrusive or otherwise upsetting, I see this as no means of feeling down. If anything, this will likely give way to a more lively, stable EoFF.

Sure, there was a certain thought or feeling attributed with it being privately owned by Cid, but a site this large seems to have been rather taxing on Cid. Most likely, such a thing will persevere in the Mods' titles, and other little things scattered about the site.

I am slightly optimistic of this development: do not fail this community, spDude.

And those of the community, please accept such a move by Cid and do not create worthless, useless dramatics.
    I love you.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrayZ View Post
    I wouldn't say so. I'd like to believe that people reply to topics, not individual people. And I would also like to believe that we do welcome newbies fairly well. While some of them annoy me, those usually end up getting banned, and we do always have the good ones.
    I just don't want a bunch of them coming in real fast.
    But, overstating the amount of elitism present is almost as old a tradition as the elitism itself.
    Word/s.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post

Removal of MANUS will be best.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I can't decide which would be sexier.
    Why not a spank followed by a ban?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I bet the real buyer is Kathryn trying to get revenge. She's back and better at html than ever.

Nah, just joking. I think this is good news. I'm glad Sean won't have trouble with EoFF anymore, I'm also glad that EoFF is going to last for a good while longer, and hey, no more fricken ads. :mog:

Hi Yusuf :-*

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Those ringtones are bad ass, ed. You don't even know.
    For all I know you could be right. My phone sucks and probably could not handle the raw power of FF ring tones...or any non-standard ring tone ;_;

We can only hope nothing bad will come out of selling EoFF.

Recognized Member
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

You don't really need to just hope.. rest assured, nothing bad will come out of this.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think they'll be satisfied until they get it written in blood.

. . . Actually. . .