Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of Ownership @ eyesonff.com

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Any attentive member would have noticed a full day ago before any threads were made. Either way, the biggest question on everyone's mind is what will change to increase the revenue. Most likely nothing on the forums, but all us SS are somewhat worried about it.

spdude, try not to let everything overwhelm you. It's a pretty big deal to see this happen here for us, and will take some time before your instant fame settles in.
    That's what I was thinking, as I was under the impression that the site was actually making a loss, and that server bills were partially paid from Cid's own pocket. Meaning that some changes are given, as I'm sure this guy wants to make his money back.
    Word/s.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

From what I understand - although I may be wrong - he will be making a change to what the ads are and possibly how many there are. Having said that, he also intends to remove ads for logged in users, so I'd say that the change is ideal.

It's also possible he might invest via search engine advertising or other such things.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

With the promise of no radical changes made to alter Eyes On as we know it, I just want to thank Cid for keeping the site up and running for so long out of his own pocket, and welcome Yusuf as a new admin. With the possibility of ads being removed for members and the continued existence of EoFF in its current form, I think prosperous times are definitely ahead.

Recognized Member
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    From what I understand - although I may be wrong - he will be making a change to what the ads are and possibly how many there are. Having said that, he also intends to remove ads for logged in users, so I'd say that the change is ideal.
    Correct. That sums up what I'll be doing. In the meantime, I'll be linking from the rest of my network in an attempt to increase traffic and forum membership.

Blog Entries

Default spdude wins second fastest to be adminned ever award

I for one welcome our new spontaneous overlord.
    Last edited by Old Manus; 04-05-2007 at 11:18 PM.

there was a picture here

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I for one welcome our new spontaneous overlord.
    That was a fast recovery from suicide

We Cid's Knights will be around and things should continue to run as always, from what I understand. So don't think for a minute that I'll be going any easier on any of you

As long as things remain the same, along with the name "Cid's Knights," (I will be quite uspet if it is changed), I guess I'm fine with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    That was a fast recovery from suicide
    I did say brb

there was a picture here

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like the idea of a new over lord. KHinsider is still a great site, so it doesn't really bother me.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The fastest admin promotion was Cid when the vB install script automatically put him in the admin usergroup.

i know its kinda saddening isnt it?
    ~*Fizzgig*~

I take it as a good thing that the only complaint I have is that with "increased traffic and forum membership" this means a bucketload more newbies. Ah well...its definitly not grounds for rebellion. Pity, that. I like the odd one.

Ooh, ooh. This guy better not try and stop the user generated content here. The ability to contribute freely to the working of the site is always nice (not that i've ever done it). And another thing! The Ciddies are still the Ciddies, right? The Yusaf Mullanies doesnt have the same ring (though the Yusaffies is a possibility).

I realize all possible "i welcome our new ___ overload...) jokes have already been done. So when I say I welcome our new games enthusiast overload, I am being sincere. WHAT UP BIG MAN!
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Quote Originally Posted by Agria
    i know its kinda saddening isnt it?
    It is but EoFF is going to move on and things will still be the same as they always were. No in fact better were making progress and hopefuly this community will starting growing.

Blog Entries

Oh, the jokes are coming thick and fast now. I'm tempted to mention similarities to Roman Abramovich.

there was a picture here

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I noticed spdude yesterday and was like who-tf is that? But then I thought whatever but lo' and behold it is the new man of the board!

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already but atleast if the forum is kept the same i'll be happy.