Thread: Question about the final areas of the game and what classes I should have... (DS)

Blog Entries

Default Question about the final areas of the game and what classes I should have... (DS)

So, currently I'm sorta stumped. I'm wondering, would it be worth switching my Dragoon to a Knight?

My Knight has no job levels as of yet, and the strongest weapons I can give him right now are the Defender and the Break Blade. Of course, soon I'm getting Excalibur and Ragnarok.

Now, my Dragoon has job levels in the late 40's, and currently has the Holy Lance and Gungnir. So, considering the groovy weapons I'm getting with my Knight, would it be worth it to switch now?
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 04-06-2007 at 11:19 PM.

What is the rest of your party? In this game, job levels mean a lot, almost more than real levels mean (and what "real levels" are your people at?), so if you have low job levels, that will definitely have a negative impact on your success.

/tk
    If you want to send me FFIII letters, PM me or AIM me and let me know to add your Friend Code.
    Feel free to find me on AIM if you want, I'm terptex
    http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

Articles
    Blog Entries

well, one of the advantages of FF is you can do whatever you want. I had both a Knight and a Dragoon in my party when I beat the game, so you could do that if all those weapons are too good to leave unused.

if you beat the bosses at the dark crystals without too much trouble you should be alright.

Personally, what i had in the last stages of the game was a Ninja because of his speed (first strike), and power (6000-9999), and for throwing Shurikans (9999). But a Knight is a good choice of attacker too.

Then i had a Dragoon for his high job level (80), which means high attack, and also for his jump command, which will avoid poweful attacks such as the last bosses attacks, and also deal 9999. A little trick i used here was to equipt him with a bloodlance (aswell as his other spear), so he would jump, and land for 9999 damage, aswell as healing himself for about 3000, meaning he can jump again straight away with no need for healing ever. The dragoon is quite lucky in that his Blood wepon is quite powerful.

Then i had a Sage and a Devout. A Devout is always better then a Sage for healing because of higher stats, and also higher MP in the higher level magics. But a Sage is better as your other chacter then a Magus, because your going to need two healers in your group.

Generally (during the final boss fights) that is one for Reviving/Arising characters whilst the other uses Curaga/Curaja (I would have the Sage do the healing in these situations, because the Devout has more Lvl 8 MP for Arising, and you may want to save the Lvl 8 MP for the Sage for Flare/Meteor). This is so you don't miss a turn of healing while you revive a character.

I hope that this helped!

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

The only reason my party, consisting of a Knight, Sage, Devout, and Dragoon was defeated in the final battle was because I was at such a low level. I recommend that party very much, though you can substitute the Knight depending on your personal preference.

As for me, I need to level up my party.
    God Loves you.
    Christ Died for you.