Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Belt/Master Appreciation Thread

Default Black Belt/Master Appreciation Thread

My appologies if this has been done a million times already, and I kind of hope it has, but this guy was an integral part of the party that I used to beat the game the first time ever, which took almost a year for me to beat (lol give me a break I was 7 years old). This guy could punch in the 2000s damage range, and the guy on this site claims that he sucks?! Too many times, I had all the characters slashing up the enemy, hardly making a dent in him and up comes the Master and...BAM...lights out mofo! He always had the finishing strike. I remember he did the major work on Chaos at the end, a couple of times when I beat it. The black belt could dish it, don't question it!

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

There are only 20 something threads in this section, what makes you think it's been done 1 million times already?

The only time I ever played this, I had Warrior,RM,BM,WM
    If I ever feel the need to play this game again I'll take the hint
    ...Geddit?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Black Belt is the reason FF1 was created.

For further reading: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86777

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

I'm not sure it's possible to deal 2000 damage... but then again I've never played the original version. You probably leveled a lot. Some people say the black belt's awesome if you level up a lot.

April Fool's day was quite a few days ago, mate. Besides, I used Vivi in my first FF9 completion party but I still hate him.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    I'm not sure it's possible to deal 2000 damage...
    I know I've done it with a level 50 Knight with Masamune and Fast on an Imp.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Please explain how you got your knight to ride the imp. I must see this for myself.

black belts aren't really good, but it's not like the game is so hard that it'll kill you to give one slot to one of them. My first game was without a fighter. I had a BB, Thief, WM, and RM. Also, I didn't figure out that my BB did more damage bare-handed until after Kraken. But when I finally did realize that, he became my best fighter. In an ending that seemingly only happens in the movies, I beat Chaos with every character dead except my BB, who had one HP left. So I can appreciate what a BB can do, yes. But overall there's no reason to take him except for variety.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Please explain how you got your knight to ride the imp. I must see this for myself.
    The surprising part is that the Imp is usually all for it. It's getting the cumbersome Knight on the Imp that's the hard part...
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    I beat Chaos with every character dead except my BB, who had one HP left.
    Chaos must have forgot that your BB was there.

I'll hold my hand up and say with the right party a BB can be as cood as other classes. But ovcause he CARN'T use any magic (except for spellcasting items).
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Who needs black belts when you can use thieves to run?

Seriously, I had two games one was F/BB/WM/BM and the other F/T/WM/BM. Damnit I wanted the black belt to come out in first, but the problem with me is I hate fighting in dungeons especially so I run. While black belts are good for hitting people really hard, they cant run that good. Probably because they get lost (8 bit theatre FTW!)

If you like leveling, take a black belt.
    If you don't like leveling, take a thief.
    If you are playing the DoS version, despite if you like leveling, take a thief.
    If you are playing the Origins easy version, take a black belt(8000+ damage, and more physical defense than a knight with 99, which is... too high, but is nice).

pretty simple

Black belt is not liked because alot of people like to beat the game at a lower level, and BB just isn't good unless you level him.

BB is for the person who fights every single fight in dungeons, even hangs around in the dungeon looking for more fights instead of going for the boss.

Thief is for the people who want to beat the boss and get out.

just my opinion.

Who needs black belts when you can use thieves to run?
    Because you can't run from bosses.

Level 70 Knight armed with Masume and the rest Diamond Armour, Then use the Giants Gloves as an Item, which cast Saber on him, then cast Haste and Temper on him. that should kick the damage up to around 2000.

I'm the type to never run from battles, so black belt works well.

People forget the best advantage of the Black Belt... he costs next to nothing. Fighter has expensive weapons/armor. Thief has some moderately expensive stuff. Red Mage has spells and weapons/armor. White/Black Mages have their spells. Black Belt has.... a nun chuck in the beginning and then armor occassionally. He's also great for storing specialty weapons in the original version.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Black belt/master has a large number of hits, and whether by that, or just by being a black belt... he also has a fairly good chance to land a critical hit.

Critical hits breakthrough high defenses, and helped out a good bit for me through the game. However you can just use magic to blow up the high defense monsters.