Thread: A bit easy?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default A bit easy?

I dont know about you but I found this game waaay to easy for my likeing, with the gambits and the final boss all I did was put the controler on the floor and sit and watch without haveing to do anything to assist them... did anyone else find it all together way to easy?

You can't just put the controller on the floor. Your main guy sometimes dies and you have to switch characters. But yes, the game was very easy.

FFXII is my first FF series and even I found it easy.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Turn your gambits off?

Seriously, it's not as if the game made you use gambits. To make it a bit more challenging, don't use Gambits. I do pretty much all the time.

FFXII easy?!!! PPPPPFFTT. >.> Not in Giruvegan it isn't 8D

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Giruvegan is easy. Except for the top half of the Great crystal.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anything's easy if you overlevel and just let yourself hack hack hack

Giruvegan and the Great Crystal was challenging on my first run through (after the storyline). But I had no problems there. I was in the process of mapping out the Great Crystal myself and it took me 6 hours to create my own map.

Since I've finished 99% of the game (Beat Omega Mark II, Yiazmat, 100% hunts, 100% side quests) out of boredom, I've done the following while in Giruvegan and the Great crystal:

1. Use only Basch (equipped with Wyrmhero blade)

2. Used no weapons but with 3 characters.

3. Used no Gambits

Each of the above was challenging but quite easy.

In some sense barely any JRPG is "hard" given that any "challenge" can usually be overcome by levelling and purchasing better equipment (see my signature). I personally found this game to be harder than most of the earlier FFs, but I did next to no grinding of any sort. The first time I fought the last boss my 4 "in use" characters had levels around 43-45 and mostly second rate equipment (i.e. I didn't even have all of the best equipment from Balfonheim), and I lost. If you can configure your gambits so that you can win with this party configuration by "putting your controller down", then you're a much better player than I am.
    "...a challenge you can solve by leveling up isn't really a challenge. It's a test of patience and not really 'gameplay' at all. Take for example some of the maniacal timed jumps you have to master in Super Mario 2, the Japanese version. If you could simply make yourself jump higher and fall slower by pounding on 10,000 goombas, this would completely circumvent all the design put into making the individual boards difficult. "
    -John Ford, from alt.games.final-fantasy

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Heh, my 6 year old won against the final boss with no gambits and all my characters at level 64.

He had trouble with the rooks and guards getting to the boss though
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs: