Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord of The Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

Blog Entries

Default Lord of The Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

So, I'm installing the beta right now. I got a free beta test version with PC gamer this month. Anyone else get and start yet? I'll post later on how things are.

I played in the closed beta, and had a chance to play in open beta. To me, it's basically a smaller version of World of Warcraft but with a Middle Earth setting and better graphics.

To be honest, I didn't really like the selection of jobs, except for Paladin. And the Elves look like crap, the only decent looking characters are Humans and Dwarves.

At the moment the community is pretty good, but so was World of Warcraft's during beta.

I don't know, I guess it's not really the game for me. I'd rather just play WoW as it's more established, and wait for newer and better MMO's to come out later this year or next year (not to mention most of them claim to be using DirectX10 which makes them look beautiful; ala Age of Conan).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

My friend and her boyfriend were Beta Testers :3

apparently there is... alot of quests x_x;

it looks really pretty on some screenshots they sent.

but apart from that. I don't really think I would go play it.

though I have been proven wrong with Lineage II before.

I am playing the beta, got a human Captain, seems good but does anyone know what the party system is like?

[edit] Also you play Guild Wars TrowaBartonIV ^_^ ?
    They just smurfed over my main character (necro) with that soul reaping update! Man I am so angry with them.

Ive been playing the beta and cannot wait for the full game to be delivered. I have been really enjoying it, the graphics are fantastic the gameplay is intuitive and its middle earth. Ive not played WoW so i cannot compare the two but started FF XI at a similar time and much prefer LOTR. I also noticed that unlike FF XI you can create multiple characters, i hope that applies to the full game and not just the beta.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Other than the fact that it lags like there isn't a tomorrow whenever I try to play it while my brother plays Gears of War online, I like it so far. I haven't run into anybody online just yet, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GF_Diablos View Post
    I am playing the beta, got a human Captain, seems good but does anyone know what the party system is like?

[edit] Also you play Guild Wars TrowaBartonIV ^_^ ?
    They just smurfed over my main character (necro) with that soul reaping update! Man I am so angry with them.
    yes, I do play GW I have a N/W but I hardly use him anymore. I've been playing since the release pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Ive been playing the beta and cannot wait for the full game to be delivered. I have been really enjoying it, the graphics are fantastic the gameplay is intuitive and its middle earth. Ive not played WoW so i cannot compare the two but started FF XI at a similar time and much prefer LOTR. I also noticed that unlike FF XI you can create multiple characters, i hope that applies to the full game and not just the beta.
    Well you can create more characters on FFXI, you just have to pay $1.00USD, which is absolute bs. And yeah, this kind of MMO (LotRO) is a lot easier to pick up.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

think it costs more than that overhere unless i've misunderstood something, if it was only a quid i wouldn't be too bothered.

Also i like that on LOTRO you can pay £100 for lifetime membership rather than monthly fees.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

think it costs more than that overhere unless i've misunderstood something, if it was only a quid i wouldn't be too bothered.

Also i like that on LOTRO you can pay £100 for lifetime membership rather than monthly fees.
    I don't know where you live, but it's $1USD everywhere. It may seem like more due to currency conversion.

Yeah but if you start to lose interest in a few months and quit, well there goes your money. =P If you pre-order though, it's only $10USD a month instead of $15USD a month that it and every other MMO is asking for now.

Blog Entries

And that's why you should play GW so you can prepare to play GW2 and not have to pay again for a MMO

GW2 probably isn't going to be released until late 2008, early 2009. And GW isn't an MMO in my opinion. =P I don't mind paying monthly, it doesn't take much out of my pocket.

Guild Wars is a fantastic game, I have been playing it from release too but I do agree with comments that it's not a full MMO, even ArenaNet themselves admit this (hence GW2)
    If you want a free online game or just a game thats not as time consuming as a proper MMO then GW is by far the best option on the market.
    After playing LOTR a bit more I have seen some annoying little thing (UI is one for me) but I am sure all this will be ironed out, especially as I hear you can make your own UI settings.
    Everyone seems to be running around with a cape though, I want one!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

actually Blim you can switch to any job that is unlocked by your character.

so 1 character = ALOT to do in FFXI <3

yes i realise that. i meant you cannot play as a different race without paying extra. that said ive only just started FF XI so it would be a while before i get bored of my char.