Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord of The Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    yes i realise that. i meant you cannot play as a different race without paying extra. that said ive only just started FF XI so it would be a while before i get bored of my char.
    oh okay :]!

n_n

Well the game proper has arrived and hopefully i might be able to get it to install eventually Who else from on here is getting it?
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Blog Entries

It was a WoW clone to me and I wasn't a big WoW fan. I'll stick with Guild Wars.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've yet to play it, I might get a trial though. I hope it's not a WoW clone, WoW's so overrated. So, Bert, I, for one, feel you.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Overrated is just an understatement.

I have been playing this for a week or so now and I have to say its an enjoyable game.
    Level ramp is fairly gently inclined and it's got a nice combat and crafting system.
    I have a friend code for a 7 day trial if any one wants to download the client and give it a go.

never played WoW (yes there are some people who havent) so cannot compare but am loving LOTRO.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to get it real soon.

Could somebody give me a brief summary to the classes?

I hope it is not another potion spamming, grind/gold farm game like all of codemasters other works

classes are Burglar, Captain, Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Lore master and minstrel. Champ and Guard are the strongest physically, Burglars have stealth but are weak when cornered , Captains are support classes but can fight well. Champions are your fast attacking types, Guardian is your tank, Hunter is basically a ranger, so traps, natural cures and decent attack (my choice). Lore masters kind of similar to white mage but bit more offensive (no i dontmean they swear a lot) and minstrel is weak offensively but good support.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank you massively, and what do races specialize in? (Planning my character, get the pun?)

That's not a pun. >.>;

Anyways, I played a Dwarf Gaurdian, he was awesome.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    Thank you massively, and what do races specialize in? (Planning my character, get the pun?)
    There is very much a free structure with this regard. Try reading the LOTRO Wiki for more, basically Humans can do any class and each other race has 2 missed off their profession.

The exception is Captain which only humans can do. I am a captain it's a cool class, kinda like a red mage or bard.

GF_Diablos, are you on the UK servers? (noticed a post by you on their forum so assuming so) If so which one? Could get a kinship of FF-fans (or EOFFers if there are enough) together.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    I hope it is not another potion spamming, grind/gold farm game like all of codemasters other works
    I know, right? I really can't stand all that stuff in Micro Machines.