Thread: Question About Orichalcum Side-Quest

Moogle Question About Orichalcum Side-Quest

Hi all,
    Thanks to the generosity of folks around here, I was finally able to send 7 Mognet messages and open up the side-quests to get the Onion Knight and such. I completed the side-quest to rescue the children of Ur and the side-quest to fix Sara's pendant, though now I cannot seem to open up the side-quest to get the Orichalcum and get the ultima weapon. I have sent letters to everybody including Topapa, Takka, Cid, Sara, The 4 Old Men, and Prince Alus--enough letters that they aren't writing me back anymore (any of them). I expected at some point after this that I could write to Cid and he'd ask for help, but when I write Cid, he doesn't reply, either. I have just completed the part in the game where the Nautilus gains its underwater powers...Is there something I've missed?

Thanks,
    /tk
    If you want to send me FFIII letters, PM me or AIM me and let me know to add your Friend Code.
    Feel free to find me on AIM if you want, I'm terptex
    http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

The same thing happened to me. Cid wouldn't reply.

Now you may have to get futher in the game, but what did it for me was getting everyone elses 4 letters, before Cid would relpy for his 4th.

I see that you have already done that, so i guess you do have to get futher in the game! Just make sure that you have 4 replys from everybody. I think somone relpys 5 times, but i forget who it was....Takka mabye?

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

I think this is it. I've gotten a bit further in the game and it seems that I've made another step, now I need to progress even further to move everything along.

Kind of a nuisance that so much of this comes up close to the end of the game, but I guess so be it.

/tk
    If you want to send me FFIII letters, PM me or AIM me and let me know to add your Friend Code.
    Feel free to find me on AIM if you want, I'm terptex
    http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

befor you read be lvl 45 or higher and have went futher in the game

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy III (DS) Master Smith FAQ by Pokemanic

hope this helps