Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bestiary and Weapon Designs

Well the little glowing rings around Yiazmat and Hell Wyrm are not cool, just plain weird and stupid. Thats when they took the ring thingy too far. Should have just kept it like the Shield Wyrm with a little more detail if thats the case.

Fafnir was awesome. Bringin back the old Behemoth design, even tho the new ones cool too, but what sticks out most for me in the bestiary is probably Diabolos, the Mark, the fiery wing imp. Flippin shweet!

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk

The weapons are amazing though I'm quite at the beginning of the game but I think my WOW-reaction is just getting stronger. I hope there will be some really BIG swords. I mean something what Auron has. His wide katana would be great. I have only seen katana's that are narrow. Are there wide swords coming and in which direction on the licence board?
    The monsters... there's some really nasty beasts- like the elements - grrr. I hate them cuz now I can't wander in peace through the lands cuz they attack in a nasty way. (I've played abut 40 hours.)
    The bestiary is great though I haven't read the stuff about the monsters. But there's much information.
    I don't like the look of them all. Can't remember any monster that looked really stupid but what looked really good was the happy bunny. Cutie!
    Is there any negative results if you kill those friendly monsters?
    What do you think about the chocobo form in 12? (or am I off-posting badly already). It runs in a funny way. The best chocobo is still in the IX.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Devil View Post
    Well the little glowing rings around Yiazmat and Hell Wyrm are not cool, just plain weird and stupid. Thats when they took the ring thingy too far. Should have just kept it like the Shield Wyrm with a little more detail if thats the case.
    They should've just not used them at all because they look incredibly gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    They aren't gay dammit, and they look cool. Good move Square Enix!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    They aren't gay dammit, and they look cool terrible. Good Horrible move Square Enix!
    Fixed it.

They aren't gay dammit, and they look cool terrible. Good Horrible move Square Enix!
    Fixed it.
    You sneaky little bi-...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz View Post
    The enemies just look amazing and so original, the best enemies in the series i would say.
    I would have liked the enemies a lot more if they hadn't reused designs in almost every area. To me, slightly tweaking the abilities of a Malboro, changing its color to pink and calling it "Cassie" does not a new creature make.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There are 385 beasts on XII, each of those with at least 2 or three different levels and I haven't counted yet but I'd estimate the beasts belong to at least a dozen radically different species.

It's just that to do the game properly takes sooo long you end up getting a bit jaded.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    There are 385 beasts on XII, each of those with at least 2 or three different levels and I haven't counted yet but I'd estimate the beasts belong to at least a dozen radically different species.

It's just that to do the game properly takes sooo long you end up getting a bit jaded.
    That may be, but playing the game, all I really noticed that I was seeing the same T-rex, Coerul, Malboro, Wolf, etc. over and over again in different areas, just with new colors and difficulty levels. I feel like they wasted a lot of opportunity to make different-looking species. Some of them, though, were undeniably cool and unique.

Yeah, but sometimes it's better to have the same monsters, because that makes it more realistic and you can understand that the monsters breed, and can evolve into different forms of creatures (Colors, strengths, etc...)But they still keep their original look, and yeah, the wolfs did get a little boring.

I have nothing against the monsters in FFXII. When taken fully into consideration, even animals in our own world hold to certain types of general animal.Like, there are many variants of dog with a couple of mainly aesthetic differences. Whilst the game has its constraints of this, it is clear to see there are still many different types of enemy, and any differences between subspecies are explained.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The game is just way too big if you play it for the hunts and bestiary. You get a bit "overdosed" on it.

I noticed I like the game a lot more now that I haven't touched it for a month. But I definitely overdosed on it: 1,000 hours of gameplay.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Yeah, but sometimes it's better to have the same monsters, because that makes it more realistic and you can understand that the monsters breed, and can evolve into different forms of creatures (Colors, strengths, etc...)But they still keep their original look, and yeah, the wolfs did get a little boring.
    Yeah, it reminds me of some of the enemies in FF6.

i agree thats in some ways but the monsters if you really look at it there all the same thing when you go to a new area just stronger and different colors but i think the wepons are great though i dont have a problem with them