Thread: Finally got it working

Default Finally got it working

Woo Hoo i have finally got FF XI working, im on the Bismark server (username Blim). Anyone else from here on there? Also any hints for a complete noob? where do i get quests from or raise money?
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Woo Hoo i have finally got FF XI working, im on the Bismark server (username Blim). Anyone else from here on there? Also any hints for a complete noob? where do i get quests from or raise money?
    Welcome to FF11 were you pay SE to work for them..

Anyway solo until lvl 10. Though you can start doing parties at lvl 6-7... THough not that many people do it anymore.. But if you do. It gives you a chance to learn how a party operates before heading out to buburimuru or the dunes or the mazes, or the tunnels.

Anyway from lvl 1-10 you will solo.

At lvl 10 you will be in a party. It is important that yo know your role in the party because acting outside of it may or may not be harmful to the party. Most likely its harmful to the party if you're a WHM going to melee instead of heal.

Anyway to earn gil. For you I will say get a signet from the guard at the gate, and then go out there and kill kill kill mobs. COllect fire crystals. Stack them up to 12, and you can sell them for 2k I think unless the price lowered on your server. Also it is best to start a craft at an early stage of your life in Vana'diel.

I wouldn't suggest a craft just yet. Most crafts require you to spend so much gil and get to such a high level before you even start turning any real profit.

Fishing is definitely worth starting though, you can sell moat carp pretty decently.

And yeah, just sell things that you get in stacks of 12.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Crystals are a good way to make money to start out. Also, if you are from Windurst you can get Silk Thread off Crawlers and sell that for good money.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

keep Signet (Available from one of the guards standing at the town exits) up at all times!

nothing but benefits from them :]

Thanks everyone for the info, im an Elvaan in Sandoria btw. Just one more stupid question, how do i start fishing?
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Just grab a fishing rod and some bait.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info, im an Elvaan in Sandoria btw. Just one more stupid question, how do i start fishing?
    I used a sabiki rig when I was a noob, but things have changed, and fishing is a little harder so start out with lug worms. Rigs get expensive..

FFXIV Character

type /fish when near a well of water or something watery like the sea ~^-^~

Pull in the opposite direction your rod is facing (have the camera behind you for Optimal-ness)~

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Best advice: Learn what the Auction House is. That's how you'll make your money.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Best advice: Learn what the Auction House is. That's how you'll make your money.
    Mirage is very good at AH exploitation <3

Fishing is a blast...

Anyway, starting out you want to be catching Bastore Sardines and Moat Carp. You want Balls of Insect Paste for Moat Carp and lugworm for Sardines.

Buy a Halcyon Rod as soon as you can and then provided your fishing skill is level 9 or higher, you'll rake in the cash with a Minnow, fishing Noble Ladies (13-15k per stack), Cone Calamary (3-4k per stack) and Bluetail sell for 400-500 gil each at the guild on the boat. The investment is well worth it as you'll make the 15-25k you spent on the rod back in an afternoon of fishing and if the rod breaks, you can sell it broken for about 10-12k.

Love fishing me
    Last edited by Doc Sark; 04-18-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark View Post
    Fishing is a blast...

Anyway, starting out you want to be catching Bastore Sardines and Moat Carp. You want Balls of Insect Paste for Moat Carp and lugworm for Sardines.

Buy a Halcyon Rod as soon as you can and then provided your fishing skill is level 9 or higher, you'll rake in the cash with a Minnow, fishing Noble Ladies (13-15k per stack), Cone at guild) on the boat. The investment is well worth it as you'll make the 15-25k you spent on the rod back in an afternoon of fishing and if the rod breaks, you can sell it broken for about 10-12k.

Love fishing me
    That's what I loved about fishing. But once you get the rod that lets you catch legendary fish. You don't want to sell it broken. Its best to know someone or buy the materials needed to repair it. I use to rake in about 500k per catch...

I wish I was that far into fishing! Liu Shang rod is definitely the ultimate goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark View Post
    I wish I was that far into fishing! Liu Shang rod is definitely the ultimate goal.
    Actually the Ebisu would be the ultimate goal. It has all of the strengths of the Lu Shang's but is unbreakable. The quest to get it is beyond ridiculous though... as if the one to get Lu Shang's isn't. I got to about 4000/10,000 before I gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Pull in the opposite direction your rod is facing (have the camera behind you for Optimal-ness)~
    I just always put the camera directly in front of me so I could just go the same direction as the rod. Takes less thought or something. I usually could fish with my peripheral vision while doing other things.