Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear or Resident Evil

Default Metal Gear or Resident Evil

Well to help me quit smoking me and my friend made a bet, If I quit he had to watch an hour of Bruce Springsteen Live at Barcelona, and If I didn't then I would have to watch him beat all three Metal Gear Solids

well I started dipping for a while and I felt that I cheated him, so I offered for him to watch a half an hour of bruce, and I'd watch him beat either RE or MG.

So which do you guys think I should watch him play, because I've only played 15minutes of each and dont know what to pick.

btw since then I have quit dipping and smoking so the bet definitely helped.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

That depends if he's skipping cutscenes or not. =P

You're going to get a better storyline experience if you watch him play Metal Gear. Except for Sons of Liberty, because that just stops being coherent at the end. Resident Evil's story isn't as captivating, yet the gameplay seems to make up for it.

no, both games all the way through

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Go with Metal Gear then. ;o

I like Metal Gear and all but Resident Evil definately takes it. Not RE4 though, just the first three and CV.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 04-10-2007 at 06:37 PM.

yeah I'm only watching him play either of the first games

Quote Originally Posted by Alex151 View Post
    yeah I'm only watching him play either of the first games
    I'd say Metal gear then, in my opinion the best in the series. I never finished RE 1 though, but it should be interesting aswell.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say go for Resident Evil. I watched my brother play through that not too long ago, actually, and it was really fun. I liked Metal Gear Solid a lot, but I don't think I'd have a ton of fun watching it. Besides, MGS is way longer.
    --Box Box Box Box

Blog Entries

Well, it depends. Which game do you play a LOT? And which one does he suck at?

If you gave the same answer for both questions, go with that one. It's aggrovating watching somebody who sucks at a video game when you know everything about it. Plus, it will take longer.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    That depends if he's skipping cutscenes or not. =P

You're going to get a better storyline experience if you watch him play Metal Gear. Except for Sons of Liberty, because that just stops being coherent at the end. Resident Evil's story isn't as captivating, yet the gameplay seems to make up for it.
    It's not Kojima's fault you lack lack brain capacity.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Well, it depends. Which game do you play a LOT? And which one does he suck at?

If you gave the same answer for both questions, go with that one. It's aggrovating watching somebody who sucks at a video game when you know everything about it. Plus, it will take longer.

well I've never played either for more than 15 minutes, and I guess he's good at both. I've always wanted to play MGS 1, Resident Evil I only played when I was like 7 years old and I was too afraid to do anything after I saw the first zombie so I never got into the RE games.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Absolutely Resident Evil, MGS is not the type of game you watch someone play, it would be terribly boring. MGS is a fun game, if you're the one playing. However, in RE, it'll be like watching a horror movie, in its own way, which is better than nothing.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd personally find watching MGS better than watching any RE game, especially RE1. At least MGS has a great story to get wrapped up in. Frequent backtracking is never fun and blowing off zombie heads is a lot more fun when you're doing it. MGS's story can be enjoyed whether you're playing or not though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Anyone that played MGS: Son's of Liberty will get this above gif.

Metal Gear Solid has an amazing story.