Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts??? And the unknown

Default Ghosts??? And the unknown

Do you believe in them or in aliens and such?

If you do... Why?
    Poltergeists?
    Witches?
    Magic?

For reference I don't but I do believe in auras and spirits of loved ones lost.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    No.

I always thought it was stupid, but that's just me. ;o

Aliens: Yes, Millions of solar systems in our galaexy, millions of galaxys in the infinite space, and NONE of them in all infinity has life, there may be lfie out there but not the kind those cranks keep saying abducted them.
    Witches and magic, no.
    Poltergiests, yes and ghosts yeah. Not everythings explainable and theres been so many reports over so many years (even King Henry VIII had his encounters) to dismiss.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

I'm way too pretty to be a part of the human race.

I believe in all that jizz jazz there has to be aliens all over the universe.

Ghosts, and spirits in general, yes, I honestly think my old house was haunted, I would hear so much random things, and also some things happened to me that make me believe.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that out the countless amount of time and space that exist around our planet, We are the only species in the universe that can bring senseless meaning to life. Thus, I believe in aliens. Their out there. They just don't give a damn if we exist or not unlike us...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Needs more Derek Acorah.

ghosts?

i don't think so

aliens?

if the universe is truly infinite then there has to be other life in it....but who knows if it IS infinite, or if our concept of infinity is accurate?

to be simple, i've never seen evidence of either.

casual mind slip

I believe that there is other life somewhere out there, I'm not necessarily saying they're green slimy alien type things that are far advanced in technology to the point where they have saucer-like flying thingies. By other forms of life I mean plants, or perhaps creatures like us that have evolved a bit differently. I, too don't believe in the abduction stories. Just no.

As far as ghosts go, yeah. There are things that have happened that I probably can't explain.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reles View Post
    I believe that there is other life somewhere out there, I'm not necessarily saying they're green slimy alien type things that are far advanced in technology to the point where they have saucer-like flying thingies. By other forms of life I mean plants, or perhaps creatures like us that have evolved a bit differently. I, too don't believe in the abduction stories. Just no.

As far as ghosts go, yeah. There are things that have happened that I probably can't explain.
    You know, just because you can't explain something, doesn't mean it's a ghost. Sorry if I'm being mean...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

ZOMBIES DON'T EXIST!

Blog Entries

I don't believe in Ghosts...but for some reason i always get terrified from ghost stories

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    I find it hard to believe that out the countless amount of time and space that exist around our planet, We are the only species in the universe that can bring senseless meaning to life. Thus, I believe in aliens. Their out there. They just don't give a damn if we exist or not unlike us...
    Word.

As for ghosts, I don't think so. I'd like to think when we die, we get reincarnated. I've never seen a ghost before in my life and everyone who said they did was a compulsive liar.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't see why aliens are put together with supernatural things... I think it would be arrogant to think that our planet is the only one with sentient life.

For ghosts and other supernatural beings, no, and I think those who have seen something like that either suffers from something mental or witnessed an unexplained physical phenomenon. Just because we can't explain it yet doesn't mean that it's supernatural. If "supernatural" beings do exist, their powers aren't "supernatural" anyway, seeing as their powers are part of the same universe as we live in, just that we don't understand them. So supernatural beings are really just natural, but not understood by humans.

Point in case: bolts of lightning in year 1000 AD. "Omg the gods are angry again!"
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always thought that the stereotype of intelligent life out there being the ones to find us and guide us through new advances to be funny. What if we're the ones who find another lifeform and they expect us to help them become better?