Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Paper Mario

Putting voices in the game forces otherwise silent protagonists to have spoken lines, otherwise it all sounds really weird. Anyway, you should read somethingawful's review of this game; it's hilarious.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default this is too good not to post

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I WANT THIS. ;_;

My lack of Wii is distressing.
    I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    Hmm, Zelda never needed voices yet those games rocked. And 2D/3D graphics really don't mean crap as long as the game is fun, which is really the point of games. No matter how good/bad/non-existant voice acting and graphics are as long as the game is FUN then the game is good.
    Im not saying the game is terrible, Im just saying Nintendo are cutting alot of corners in their games and seem too lazy to add voices and such. Do they really think they can get away with this still ? Theres nothing next gen about still reading text. As I said, the 3D graphics look crap, but I never said the gameplay would be bad.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure about the whole VA issue. Because so many Nintendo games lack voice overs, it seems like it would just be strange to have them dominant in something such as Mario, or Zelda. On the other hand, Super Mario Sunshine had voice-overs, and it was still a pretty good game, and even though the voice-overs sucked, that game showed that the voice acting alone can't ruin the game.

Now, then there's a game like Zelda. Really, it depends on how good the voice actors are, and how story driven the game ends up being. If the game ends up relying heavily on story (Like Twilight Princess), then voice acting may actually be a good idea. While I can't speak for everyone, I don't really feel suspense when the text times when it appears.

Edit: Now, then there's Paper Mario, a story driven Mario game. Most of the comedy in that game is the kind of random intarwebz comedy you see in our chat room, which doesn't work when you say it in real life. Except for Rawk Hawk. I wanna know what he sounds like. >_>

Twilight Princess wasn't really any more story driven than the other 3D Zelda games.

I'm not a fan of VA really. Usually the people they get make me wanna rip out my own eardrums.
    lol signature

did this really become a question of voice acting? I hate it, a lot, especially if there is no text there, just the voice. What if I'm playing and can't hear the sound?(other things going on and such) What if I have to step away to do something, and the video keeps playing? At least with text you usually have to press something to progress, plus I can go at my speed.

I'm fully behind Nintendo not doing VA. If they do, they better do it damn well. Plus as someone said with this game, half the jokes wouldn't work if they weren't text based.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I just bought Super Paper Mario today, it's pretty fun but the new control scheme takes some getting use to...for me at least. (I wish that I could use my Gamecube controller instead.)

Also I know I just started playing SPM but I'm already starting to miss that colorful cast of characters from The Thousand-Year Door. (Luigi and a few pixies are about as interesting and entertaining as my Mom or my Dad trying to sing a song.)

i cant wait till i get a wii so i can try this baby out!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Must... resist... urge to... impulse... buy.....