Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Paper Mario

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Super Paper Mario

I picked this up today and I am really enjoying it. I am glad that it was reworked for the Wii instead of it coming out on the GameCube as originally planed. The controls are perfect. It's really fun suddenly switching to 3D and in order to uncover secrets. As usual when it comes to a Paper Mario, the script is hilarious. It's not too difficult so far (just finished first chapter), but it sure is fun to play! Anyone else pick this up?

I want to get it, but a little low on cash right now, plus the end of the semester approachs

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I donno

Is there still some hardcore 2-d platforming?

in all the videos I've seen where it looks like it.

suddenlly he turns 3-d and avoids everything ;_;

Picking it up on this week's paycheck
    Last edited by Crossblades; 04-11-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I'm going to pick up this game first thing in the morning tomorrow. I can't wait.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would have settled for the name "Paper Super Mario".
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I WANT THIS. ;_;

My lack of Wii is distressing. I'll get to play it eventually.

I did get this, and, truthfully, it's disappointing. It's an enjoyable game, there is no doubt about that, but so far it seems to fall short of the mark left by its predecessor, the illustrious Thousand Year Door. The chiefly 2D world, while nice, falls short of the 3D world we were given in TYD. The swap was unneccessary in TYD, because we were already in the 3D world. And Mario seems to have lost all his greatest abilities, such as manipulating his paper self into a paper airplane or boat. The Catch Cards are another fallback. In TYD, we had the wonderful badges, which could be mixed and matched to allow customization of your battle style. The Catch Cards are simple damage manipulators, and are always active. While this is a decent game, I can't help but compare it to TYD, and it suffers in that comparison.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 04-11-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

ok.... i just got it like an hour ago haha AND IM ALREADY STUCK IN THE FREAKING YOLD VILLAGE AT THE GREEN BRIGE DUDE!

It sounds like a good game but why call it paper mario when its 3-D Lol.

The Infamous Majestic Is Back
    Long Live Hatake Kakashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Cloud View Post
    It sounds like a good game but why call it paper mario when its 3-D Lol.
    Because the characters and items are almost exclusively made of paper. Take a 2-D sprite and stick it in a 3-D world, complete with the ability to turn sideways to be almost invisible, wad themselves into a ball, or make various paper-airplane like shapes (although those abilities have been killed some since TYD. ).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Oh okay I see. But it really does suck that they took off the turning into a paper airlplane and paper boat.

The Infamous Majestic Is Back
    Long Live Hatake Kakashi

This game is extremely fun. It doesn't compare to Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, but they're both also very different games. Regardless, this game is very enjoyable and addictive, with a hilarious script.

Also, if you're stuck in Yold Village... You probably shouldn't be playing this game. All I can say is, explore.

Still sloppy on Nintendo's part for not including any voices, by now we shouldnt have to be reading through pages and pages of text. And the 2D to 3D instantly lost its appeal when the 3D world looks so crap.

Hmm, Zelda never needed voices yet those games rocked. And 2D/3D graphics really don't mean crap as long as the game is fun, which is really the point of games. No matter how good/bad/non-existant voice acting and graphics are as long as the game is FUN then the game is good.