Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wich one has a stronger love STORY

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Barely anything is hinted?!

Try the scene after the Ignion battle for starters...
    Yeah, but it was very one-sided. Squall didn't really start having any feelings till disk 3, when Rinoa was comatose and he realized that he actually did have feelings for her. But if you're talking about Rinoa's feelings, then yeah, it was there from the beginning.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Barely anything is hinted?!

Try the scene after the Ignion battle for starters...
    Yeah, but it was very one-sided. Squall didn't really start having any feelings till disk 3, when Rinoa was comatose and he realized that he actually did have feelings for her. But if you're talking about Rinoa's feelings, then yeah, it was there from the beginning.
    I don't think it looked one sided. It was that very scene that convinced me that Squall obvioulsly felt the same way for her.

Oh and comontry to popular beleif "comatose" does not mean "in a coma" which you probably think it does...
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 04-24-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Strongest? As in best pulled off?

I still like the way it was handled in Seven. Though it was a cliche (Hero/ Childhood friend), it was handled in a very non-cliche way.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    I still like the way it was handled in Seven. Though it was a cliche (Hero/ Childhood friend), it was handled in a very non-cliche way.
    Although Cloud/Tifa wasn't my favourite match up of FF* I think it was probably the most relastic as they knew each other before hand (Although apperntally they didn't always interact that well) rather than all the others who have known each other for a few days/weeks (How ever long it's meant to take), It's like films.

* My favourite is Squall/Rinoa incase you haven't worked it out yet...

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    VIII, its main story was one of love.
    Final Fantasy VIII

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

Since FF7 doesn't work in my case, even tohugh it was the PC version, and since I don't have a PS2 and I can't play FFX or FFX-2, my favourite love story for now remains Squall-Rinoa. And the tip of the iceberg in this relationship is when they're alone in that spaceship...simply magnificent
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

My vote goes for Tidus and Yuna in FFX.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnosica View Post
    Since FF7 doesn't work in my case, even tohugh it was the PC version, and since I don't have a PS2 and I can't play FFX or FFX-2, my favourite love story for now remains Squall-Rinoa. And the tip of the iceberg in this relationship is when they're alone in that spaceship...simply magnificent
    I bet the ship would stay in the orbit quite a bit longer if the game was M rated.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would have to say that Final Fantasy VIII has a stronger love story.

Final Fantasy X would have had my vote, yet it has an epilogue in the form of Final Fantasy X-2. This defeats the sentiments and emotions evoked in Final Fantasy X, in my opinion.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

GOD i want a PS2

Final Fantasy 7

I think the two games both had a good, strong love story. And it's cute how the main chatacters fall in love. But, I would chose FFX, just because of the way things turned out for Tidus and Yuna.

Grow Old With Me<3

I would say FFVIII. FFVIII being very gradual led to an overall better love story. With Final Fantasy X it was handled in a very cliche way (boy and girl fall together at first sight. Boy can't be with girl. Boy loves girl anyway In other words West Side Story or Romeo and Juliet).

With Final Fantasy VIII the theme was love to begin with, but most importantly how Squall completely changed character. Major development in the game. I also noticed how Rinoa begins to change too. When you first met her she was completely peppy (maybe that isn't the best word, but...) and excited just to someone. Later (like in the scene after the Oilbytes if you have Rinoa and Squall in the party) she takes a more laid-back attitude to request what she wants (a tour). But in the tour in the library she does go all peppy again. But the point is she become more aware of how to react around Squall. Tidus and Yuna from what I understand were just "perfect" for each other aside from the cliche boy can't be with girl.

ff8 ftw.
    So... tell me something, intrigue me. Please do.

FFVIII's is definately more involved but FFX really does a better job and doesn't make you want to shoot the lover girl.

hell no, who would wanna shoot yuna

Final Fantasy 7