Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pharos Subterra

Quote Originally Posted by jessica85r View Post
    Will the monsters on the First Ascent still drop Black Orbs once you've fininshed Pharos? Or do only the monsters in the Subterra drop them at this point?
    edit:
    I'm not exactly sure if they do or not. Before I headed into the Subterra, I went through the 1st floor to pick up the map I missed there, and I found a few in my inventory afterward. These could have probably been some I had leftover when I was getting the Black Orbs to insert into the pedestals there.

In the Subterra, if you don't pick up a Black Orb, it will move in a given direction towards a massive Black Orb. Some people prefer not to pick-up the individual Black Orbs and just go for the massive ones instead. A massive Black Orb will usually be located in a room in one of the wings (NW, SW, NE, and SE zones outside of the ring).
    Last edited by Shiva_; 04-19-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: corrections

They still drop them in the First Ascent after you've finished the Pharos.
    I tried farming the monsters up there when I was starting my run on the Subterra and found the monsters on the First Ascent didn't actually drop any black orbs. Either the game was being stingy (y'know, just out of spite) or the drop rate is affected in some way, I think.

Either way it was substantially easier to just farm the monsters in the Subterra, all of whom have a set drop rate, and it will be better in terms of EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Basch View Post
    I tried farming the monsters up there when I was starting my run on the Subterra and found the monsters on the First Ascent didn't actually drop any black orbs. Either the game was being stingy (y'know, just out of spite) or the drop rate is affected in some way, I think.
    I thought they did, but I could be wrong. I went around there one time (after finishing the Pharos) to get the map that I missed before I headed into the Subterra, and I found I had a few in my inventory after I got the map. Apparently, those few I had could have been some I had leftover when I was originally getting the Black Orbs for the pedestals on the first floor (after entering the Pharos for first time).

I didn't try to farm for Black Orbs on the first floor while I was doing the Subterra.

Im in the pharos...if the chests with the items do not spawn does that mean that they wont spawn at all? Would I have to reload my save and hope they will spawn? Or is there a chance of it respawning if I exit two maps and return?

emdeuce

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

exit 3 maps iirc
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Okay, I've confirmed it.

I went through the 1st floor of the Pharos: First Ascent to check, and the foes there no longer drop Black Orbs once you've finished the Pharos.
    Last edited by Shiva_; 04-23-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: quoted posts not needed

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

This place is crazy! I accidentily bumped into the Phoenix but managed to beat it.

It puts the creeps up me
    (play it at night I dare you)

Quote Originally Posted by BizarroSephiroth View Post
    Btw no one mentioned this.......North part of the Penumbra (Subterra's first level) you know how you fought Fenrir, Slyt, and Pandaemonium? Well, they are part of the Shadowseer hunt, and the fourth monster, Phoenix is there.
    How are they a part of The Seer hunt (assuming Shadowseer and The Seer hunts are not different things)? I killed all four of them before I even approached Montblanc and he didn't say anything about it.

In order to fight The Seer you must kill these four first. Check out the bill for the mark you'll see all four. Plus it said that on GameFAQS so i guess its right

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk

I seem to be stuck on the first floor. How many of these black orbs must you put in each pedestal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hartman View Post
    I seem to be stuck on the first floor. How many of these black orbs must you put in each pedestal?

Here's a list showing the # of orbs that you have to insert into each pedestal before being able to proceed to the next floor.

1st Floor
    ----------
    NE = 18
    NW = 9
    SE = 3
    SW = 6
    Total Black Orbs = 36

2nd Floor
    ----------
    NE = 15
    NW = 9
    SE = 15
    SW = 18
    Total Black Orbs = 57

3rd Floor
    ----------
    NE = 15
    NW = 21
    SE = 27
    SW = 12
    Total Black Orbs = 75

Thanks
    The second floor is quite annoying

Just wait till you get to the Seer. Hated that guy.

Ok, I'm in Umbra, and I'm trying to locate the massive orbs, but when I go to the places marked on the map (the one by sephirosuy, posted by PuPu earlier in this thread) they're not there. Help?