Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking.

Default Cooking.

So, I'm making BBQ Ribs with homemade Mashed Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts. This marks three or four days in a row that I've cooked for myself without resorting to calling up my local Pizzeria and/or Carry-Out Chinese Location(tm). That's not to say I'm not a good cook - on the contrary, I learned from the parental units very well and my ribs could rival that of Emeril Lagasse (overpaid hack... )... but school and all that fun stuff usually keeps me too tired/lazy/etc to cook.

So. Discuss cooking practices (or lack thereof). How many of you cook for yourselves? If you don't, why not?

| Beati Pauperes Spiritu; Quoniam Ipsorum est Regnum Caelorum |

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I cook on occasion. Actually, a lot of people probably wouldn't even call it cooking. I like to make fast things like spaghetti or hot dogs and I can cook a mean grilled cheese. When it boils down to it, I'm just a plain old fast food consumer.

i cook dinner almost every night as well as for myself throughout the day. Its lots of fun and i enjoy it quite a lot.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Smile My cooking is... so-so...

Growing up, I never cooked too much. And whenever I did, it never really turned out horrible, at least. As long as I have some direction, I can cook it. I'm taking a cooking class for my senior year so I can survive in college without resorting to take-out every night. My best dish ever: Sukiyaki! YUM!!!

.:A glitch in time saves few:.

I work at cold stones, so I dont know if thats considered cooking

I didn't grow up cooking myself but I always watched my parents cook, I always mark their recipes down in my head, like my step dad is Italian and makes some mean spaghetti, and I've kinda learned how he does it all. I'm a pretty good cook now, but I still go for the micro-wavable things because they take 1-5 minutes.

My specialty, though is definitely scrambled eggs, I throw a lot of stuff in them, but its quite good. Everyone's got their own specialty.

i rarely cook for myself. i'm lazy and i think my brother will have to be the one to carry on mom's recipes.

I like cooking, I think it's fun. I just hate cooking for others because I'm afraid of it turning out bad, plus then I can't experiment as much.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I cook everynight.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

I only cook for myself when there's nobody in the house and I'm absolutely starving.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Ignoring the stuff you can buy in a box in a supermarket (which I can easily make and so can you), I can cook:

- creme brulee
    - bbq ribs
    - whipped cream chocolate cookie cake
    - I forget the rest. Most are common things, like potato wedges and etc

*shrug*

i have my moments....i make eggs, toast and pancakes!!!

Usually cakes and biscuits, and occasionally I'll have pasta and melted cheese, which is one of my favourites. But for the most part I toss packaged crap into the oven.

I do not have a stove.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You cook over an open fire, then?

I can cook, but I don't have much time because of school and work, so I eat meals that don't really need to be cooked. It also means I eat certain types of food at strange times. For example, breakfast is going on right now, and I'm having tuna with crackers and an apple.

Signature by rubah. I think.