Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music that Changed You...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    For me, I would say it's the Gorillaz Demon Days album. I love this album and I feel pretty connected to it's theme about looking past the mundane and seeing the world for how it really is. I love the albums rather positive message and the beauty it inspires.
    Very interesting interpretation. I've always had trouble finding much meaning in Gorillaz songs; the lyrics are usually hard to interpret, seeming more like they're just for aesthetics in the soundscape than meaning. But I don't think I've really just sat and thought a lot about them either. Great album, either way.

Pink Floyd changed my tastes a lot when I picked up The Wall on a whim; from there I went into Radiohead, and my musical taste has been very broad ever since. Prior to that, I listened to a very set group of pop punk groups and didn't broaden out very much.

Keane's music really moves me!

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    2Pac.
    A'yo traffic son, you know I've got 2Pac in mind big time. Check the list out...

2Pac
    Thug Mansion
    Life Goes On
    Only God Can Judge Me
    I Ain't Mad At Cha'
    Mama
    Shorty Want To Be A Thug
    Me Against The World
    So Many Tears
    Young N*****
    Lord Knows
    It Ain't Easy
    Old School
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    For me, I would say it's the Gorillaz Demon Days album. I love this album and I feel pretty connected to it's theme about looking past the mundane and seeing the world for how it really is. I love the albums rather positive message and the beauty it inspires.
    Very interesting interpretation. I've always had trouble finding much meaning in Gorillaz songs; the lyrics are usually hard to interpret, seeming more like they're just for aesthetics in the soundscape than meaning. But I don't think I've really just sat and thought a lot about them either. Great album, either way.
    I generally agree about the lyrics, especially concerning the first album but the second actually seems to have quite a bit of symbolism in it's lyrics. "Dirty Harry" and "Kids With Guns" are two songs lyrically entrenched with a message about youth violence and how society plays a role in it. Especially clever is the title for "Dirty Harry" being used to show societies "romancing" of violence and guns with a very iconic figure. Other tracks like "Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head" and "Don't get Lost in Heaven" are pretty straight forward.

My favorite track is Demon Days which I feel really tells the overall message of the album...

In these demon days
    It's so cold inside
    So hard for a good soul to survive
    You can't even trust the air you breathe
    Because mother earth wants us all to leave
    When lies become reality
    You numb yourself with drugs and T.V.
    So pick yourself up, it's a brand new day
    So turn yourself round
    Don't burn yourself, turn yourself
    Turn yourself around
    To the sun!