Thread: Please don't tell me that Turtles have fallen for the "hip trend" as well...

Banned

Please don't tell me that Turtles have fallen for the "hip trend" as well...

Alright, I keep reading about the "next generation" Turtles episodes, and apparently they're differently animated now.
    However, I think they pose a bit too much on their pictures, almost as if they're trying to look "cool".

PLEASE don't tell me that these adorable characters have fallen for the hip-thing as well.
    This has happened way too often; a program starts off in a good and likeable way, and then suddenly becomes some childish exaggerated stuff.

Maybe 'cos it's a little kids show?
    :mario::luigi:

Quote Originally Posted by Supergyration! View Post
    Maybe 'cos it's a little kids show?
    yeah, Kids now-a-days are too sheltered by their parents

our generation was hard knock, our parents didn't care what we watched so they made the turtles tougher but now that parents care more, they make shows "softer"

compare Bob the Builder and Little Bear

Little bear was one tough guy, bob is a midget, nuff said.

Because we didn't have Care Bears or Teddy Ruxpin or the Smurfs or anything like that, right?

The turtles were always "cool." They were ninjas and mutants and surfers and pizza-addicts. Those were all cool then. Hell, they still are now. Except surfers.

I've never heard of Teddy Ruxpin, and Smurfs wasnt too childly, not as much as shows are today, I never saw care bears, I didn't even know it was a show, I thought they were just dolls, it must have been on PBS or something like that, where all the shows are made for real little kids.

I think it's also at how we mature, things used to seem a lot cooler back then, and more realistic, like Power Rangers, I went back and watched one of the first episodes and I just never realized how badly put together it was. I am still a mighty morphin supporter though. And Wrestling also, it seemed a lot more real back in the day, and when I watch old matches, it seemed more fake than it does now.

Alex has proved most of the points that I have always thought of. Power Rangers was actually good back in the day, and made me care to watch more and more of it. I later started to watch the new series, and different Rangers were becoming less real, and more fake. They weren't funny with their corny jokes. They started to have stupid and pathetic villains. The whole was starting to become a mess, and I had to stop watching the B.S. Same with Wrestling; the Rock, Stone Cold, XPac, Road Dogg, and Triple H [Generation X]. It was wonderful back in the days, and I didn't give a damn if anyone called it fake. It only started to become crap, when people like Rey Mystreio became Champ, and new wrestlers who were trying to copy others. It was so obvious what they did with Bobby Lashley, cause he's like the splitting image of Brock Lesnar, but Black. He has similar moves, and acts exactly the same.

TV's dying, except for anime's like Naruto...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Alex has proved most of the points that I have always thought of. Power Rangers was actually good back in the day, and made me care to watch more and more of it. I later started to watch the new series, and different Rangers were becoming less real, and more fake. They weren't funny with their corny jokes. They started to have stupid and pathetic villains. The whole was starting to become a mess, and I had to stop watching the B.S. Same with Wrestling; the Rock, Stone Cold, XPac, Road Dogg, and Triple H [Generation X]. It was wonderful back in the days, and I didn't give a damn if anyone called it fake. It only started to become crap, when people like Rey Mystreio became Champ, and new wrestlers who were trying to copy others. It was so obvious what they did with Bobby Lashley, cause he's like the splitting image of Brock Lesnar, but Black. He has similar moves, and acts exactly the same.

TV's dying, except for anime's like Naruto...

I agroo with this,

I want my samurai piza cats
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Yeah, nobody watches TV anymore, what with fansubbing, YouTube and people preferring to watch online animations which can be freely distributed, as well as the fact you'll rarely ever miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    The whole was starting to become a mess, and I had to stop watching the B.S. Same with Wrestling; the Rock, Stone Cold, XPac, Road Dogg, and Triple H [Generation X]. It was wonderful back in the days, and I didn't give a damn if anyone called it fake. It only started to become crap, when people like Rey Mysterio became Champ, and new wrestlers who were trying to copy others.
    Rey Mysterio is awesome and one of the most popular wrestlers ever. By far the most popular Cruiser Weight wrestler. So... whatever dude.

I still enjoy a few things on wrestling, such as when Stone Cold is a guest, or the Rock is coming back. Kurt Angle, John Cena... they're still good wrestlers out there. While some people don't like change, others welcome it. Anyone is going to have a hard time seeing something they enjoyed change dramatically into something different. That doesn't necessarily mean the change is bad however. For everyone that hates a change, there is someone else out there who likes it.

Personally, I don't care about kids cartoons nowadays, so what difference does it make?

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Yeah, he's good as a cruiserweight, but world heavyweight champ, come on!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Alright, I keep reading about the "next generation" Turtles episodes, and apparently they're differently animated now.
    However, I think they pose a bit too much on their pictures, almost as if they're trying to look "cool".

PLEASE don't tell me that these adorable characters have fallen for the hip-thing as well.
    This has happened way too often; a program starts off in a good and likeable way, and then suddenly becomes some childish exaggerated stuff.
    they were always childish. a bunch of giant walking talking turtles i dont see where that isnt childish (besides the weapons).

as for them trying to look cool i watched the turtles back when i was like 6 years old now im 19 and i still think theyre awesome. despite them being childish they still appeal to an older crowd at leats the ones in my generation because all my friends went and saw it and loved the movie.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post

they were always childish. a bunch of giant walking talking turtles i dont see where that isnt childish (besides the weapons).

as for them trying to look cool i watched the turtles back when i was like 6 years old now im 19 and i still think theyre awesome. despite them being childish they still appeal to an older crowd at leats the ones in my generation because all my friends went and saw it and loved the movie.
    I think you can be childish in different ways; Turtles were childish in a nice way before, and I really hope they haven't fallen for this "yo"-thing that way too many characters do nowadays.

This is a great way of being childish:
    "we're animated characters, and we're gonna entertain you now!"

This is a bad way of being childish:
    "yo, we're like cool and bad-ass, see us jump ten miles up in the air, yo!"

CONCLUSION: I hope they aren't trying too hard to be "cool" in that pathetic way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post

I think you can be childish in different ways; Turtles were childish in a nice way before, and I really hope they haven't fallen for this "yo"-thing that way too many characters do nowadays.

This is a great way of being childish:
    "we're animated characters, and we're gonna entertain you now!"

This is a bad way of being childish:
    "yo, we're like cool and bad-ass, see us jump ten miles up in the air, yo!"

CONCLUSION: I hope they aren't trying too hard to be "cool" in that pathetic way.
    well they do do some unrealistic jumps and skateing but with the power of computer animation they can make the turtles do those kinda things.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Did you not see the original live action movies? You don't like them being badass, when in the first movie Raphael takes on a good 30 badguys on his own before being taken down. He was and still is a badass

I agree kids shows today sucks. I watched stuff like Voltron and G.I. Joe where they weren't afraid to make you think someone was going to die. And badguys weren't completely pathetic "Glad I thought of it" retards.

Carebears was Disney. Not public broadcasting.

And I hate to break it to you all about the Turtles, but they were designed "dark" and "edgey". They started out in a comic book. Then the cartoon came and kiddy'fied them. Which is what we remember. The creators of TMNT didn't really like what was done with their turtles. So they took a more actively involved role in the "next generation" of turtles. They also had a more active role in the original live action movies; which is why you see Toka and Razar instead of Rocksteady and Bebop, as those two were created for the cartoon as I understand it, and were too light and stupid. And their involvement made the movies darker and more "badass". This is how the creators wanted them. I personally kinda liked the kiddish feel of the old cartoon. So maybe I'm a heretic. But I also like them being serious and kicking ass. So its all good

Either way, they're not trying to be hip. They're trying to be more true to the source material. Which is like 20 years old now