Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite dead celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I think we covered Tupac and Biggie.

But what about Aaliyah ^^
    I'd have to agree with you there. Her death was really tragic. It would be cool to have her around still, and I can't even imagine how big she would have gotten had she not died.
    Yeah, young talent lost.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

I miss all four of these people. R.I.P
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Desmond Wilkinson Llewelyn

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

I miss all four of these people. R.I.P

You forgot Proof brother. R.I.P to all. But my their music live on...
    JUST JAMAL MATHEWS!!!!!

Dead celebritys become more famous, when they've pasted on. They gather more attention and fans, even while their beneath the grave. It would of been nice to see Tupac and Snoop, do a tune in this modern age. Image how big that would of been...Oh well...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Dead celebritys become more famous, when they've pasted on. They gather more attention and fans, even while their beneath the grave. It would of been nice to see Tupac and Snoop, do a tune in this modern age. Image how big that would of been...Oh well...
    Yeah, but everything happens for a reason. It would have been a glorious age indeed if these people would still be alive. But we all got to pass on someday. We'll just let them rest in peace and remember them through there songs.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Barry White as well! God rest his soul.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Default DIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Oh...
    my...
    GOD!

You just posted my favorite deceased celebrity!

I had the opportunity to meet the late Dimebag Darrell only eight months before he was killed. That dude meant so much to me, as did his music, because if it weren't for him and his killer riffs, I would not be playing guitar today.

I remember I was in a heavy metal chatroom on December 8th, 2004, when I heard about Dimebag Darrell's death. At first, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I said to myself, "This can't be real...this can't be real...please, let this be just a stupid Internet rumor or a horrible nightmare..." The next morning, I had it on my local rock station, and they confirmed it. I was in total disbelief. In total disbelief and outraged that one of rock and metal's most beloved and most outgoing and friendly figures would be killed in such cold blood the way he was. Dimebag always had a way of making you laugh, even if you were in the tiest of moods. He'd always put a smile on your face, no matter what. He'd even play practical jokes with you in the form of fireworks, and you'd go home with a big-ass smile on your face.

He was not at all your typical rock star. When you met Dime, you weren't just getting an autograph and a "thank you, have a nice day." Not at all. You and him would get drunk together. He'd get you a tattoo. He'd give you the face paint of your favorite member of KISS. He'd dye the bottom of your goatee red. He'd play with fireworks with you. He'd just flat-out raise hell with you. He'd even turn just a meet-and-greet autograph session into one huge party. He even owned a strip club in the Dallas area, and he wouldn't just sit in the VIP section; he'd mingle with all the customers there. In fact, I remember reading about an instance where he was holding some sort of guitar clinic at this guitar shop, and the last person to leave was this kid. He asked him, "How long have you been playing?", to which the kid replied, "actually, I don't. I want a guitar for Christmas this year, but can't afford one, because my dad just lost his job." Dime immediately spoke with the manager of the place, and cut a deal to buy a guitar and an amp, and handed them to the kid, and said, "Merry Christmas, buddy! Start practicing, because the next time we meet, you and I are jamming together!"

And for some jerk to just wipe such a wonderful human being off the face of this earth the way he did, was just outright despicable. Coincidentally, Dimebag was killed on the 24 year anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 04-24-2007 at 06:41 AM.

This guy....

I grew up watching Steve Irwin and was pretty devistated when I heard he was gone

Others would include John Lennon, George Harrison and Syd Barret. That's all I can think of at present :rolleyes2

bruce lee i so wish i was his son i would kick ass all the time hehehe xD

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Steve Irwin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Freddie Mercury
    Elvis Presley
    Marilyn Monroe
    Marlon Brando
    Graham Chapman
    Ronald Reagan
    And of course, Boris Yeltsin

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Allow me to add Christopher Reeve's to my list. It was bad enough to hear about Superman being paralyzed as a kid, but to see him die when he could have had a lot of years left. He did a lot of great things in this world before he went, and did one of the few celebrities I truly admire and look up to as a hero (for more reasons than him playing Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    This guy....

I grew up watching Steve Irwin and was pretty devistated when I heard he was gone
    I work at SeaWorld, so when we heard that Steve Irwin died, that's pretty much all we ever talked about for weeks. That dude played with death his whole career. At least he had the guts that most of us don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Oh...
    my...
    GOD!

You just posted my favorite deceased celebrity!

I had the opportunity to meet the late Dimebag Darrell only eight months before he was killed. That dude meant so much to me, as did his music, because if it weren't for him and his killer riffs, I would not be playing guitar today.

I remember I was in a heavy metal chatroom on December 8th, 2004, when I heard about Dimebag Darrell's death. At first, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I said to myself, "This can't be real...this can't be real...please, let this be just a stupid Internet rumor or a horrible nightmare..." The next morning, I had it on my local rock station, and they confirmed it. I was in total disbelief. In total disbelief and outraged that one of rock and metal's most beloved and most outgoing and friendly figures would be killed in such cold blood the way he was. Dimebag always had a way of making you laugh, even if you were in the tiest of moods. He'd always put a smile on your face, no matter what. He'd even play practical jokes with you in the form of fireworks, and you'd go home with a big-ass smile on your face.

He was not at all your typical rock star. When you met Dime, you weren't just getting an autograph and a "thank you, have a nice day." Not at all. You and him would get drunk together. He'd get you a tattoo. He'd give you the face paint of your favorite member of KISS. He'd dye the bottom of your goatee red. He'd play with fireworks with you. He'd just flat-out raise hell with you. He'd even turn just a meet-and-greet autograph session into one huge party. He even owned a strip club in the Dallas area, and he wouldn't just sit in the VIP section; he'd mingle with all the customers there. In fact, I remember reading about an instance where he was holding some sort of guitar clinic at this guitar shop, and the last person to leave was this kid. He asked him, "How long have you been playing?", to which the kid replied, "actually, I don't. I want a guitar for Christmas this year, but can't afford one, because my dad just lost his job." Dime immediately spoke with the manager of the place, and cut a deal to buy a guitar and an amp, and handed them to the kid, and said, "Merry Christmas, buddy! Start practicing, because the next time we meet, you and I are jamming together!"

And for some jerk to just wipe such a wonderful human being off the face of this earth the way he did, was just outright despicable. Coincidentally, Dimebag was killed on the 24 year anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon.
    What an awesome anecdote. Such a shame that a genuine, nice guy like Dimebag was killed the way he was. If more musicians were like him, the world would be a better place.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Dreddz here, John Candy ruuuuuules!

Planes Trains and Automobiles is one of my favourite movies ever. Steve Martin + John Candy = Funny!
    I loved this man. Miss his sense of humor. Yay for 80s comedies :[