Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's so FF about it?

Well you see you pay SE 13 bucks a month so that you can work your tail off through leveling up, and earning gil to buy expensive equipment that is much needed so that you can continue to level up before you even think about going through the storyline.... I'll be in Turkey in May thus I'm going to cancel my account temp. then reactivate it later.. Is there a limited amount you can do this for?

I think once upon a time it was like 3 months... then SE started the "Return Home to Vana'diel" thing some years back and said, "hay guyz we wer lieing lolz we still hav ur accounts even if u quit a yer ago surprize!!1" I think it's a year now, but I'm not completely sure.

I kinda have the feeling SE wants to keep old accounts around for quite a while so that they can give a very large grace period for people to come back in. Probably a good policy since growth has slowed down (to be expected in a 5 year old MMORPG).

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If someone uses your name though after you cancel it, you'll have to rename your character. It's just 13 bucks a month. Avoid the hassle if you know you're coming back.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva View Post
    If someone uses your name though after you cancel it, you'll have to rename your character. It's just 13 bucks a month. Avoid the hassle if you know you're coming back.
    Or you select a name that nobody else would ever use.^^

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Unless you can mind read, I've seen 4 versions of my name out on Titan and I was 100% positive no one would use Dayala!
    Too big.

No one ever uses Yeargdribble ^^, but I'm constantly surprised at some of the names that get unexpectedly used.