Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite books!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Great Gatsby, The Grapes of Wrath, The Fountainhead, The Lord of the Flies, The Martian Chronicles, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Rifles For Wattie, The Harry Potter series, The Eragon Trilogy (I'm totally pumped about #3 =D), The Wheel of Time Series, Hatchet, Crash, Holes, Number the Stars...Wow, there are so many more...I'll stop there If you really want a complete list, I'll email you one XD

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. I haven't read the sequels. I heard they're not nearly as good. The first book, though, is amazing.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood comes in second.

The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King is superior to anything else I have ever read.
    :mario::luigi:

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Checkmate- Malorie Blackman...
    i was so sad when i had finished it..

I am not a man

Shannara Series, Dark Tower Series, David Eddings, Robert Jordan, Princess Bride (William Goldman, the memoirs by Augusten Burroughs, Christopher Moore, Snowcrash, Bruce Campbell Memoirs, Anything Neil Gaiman... etc

Is TV Guide a book?

No really, aside from the Harry Potter series, one of my favourite reads is Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. It is about a soldier named Stephen Wraysford, and his experiences during the First World War, which also flashes forward to the present day, folowing his great-granddaughter researching her family tree, and discovering the tragic story, and what links the past and present.

I haven't read it for a while, and yet I was still able to remember all that. It must have had a profound effect on me.

I also love Susan Townsend's Adrian Mole series, and Number Ten, where the (fictional) Prime Minister decides to go undercover for a week, dressing up in his wife's clothes, in order to discover what the people of Britain really think and feel, along with the policeman who minds his door. It's really funny, and quite shocking in places.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The Catcher in the Rye
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Omni Legacy View Post
    The Catcher in the Rye
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe Galaxy
    I obviously forgot the later on my list.

I...have so many favourite books! So many! Well.
    The Watch series are very good, though i've only read Night and Day, i'm eagerly awaiting Twilight.
    Terry Pratchetts Discworld books are also among my favourites, especially Night Watch (no connection to above Night Watch) and Thud!, them being among the more poignant books for me at times.
    Leon Uris' Trinity and Redemption are also masterpieces.
    Bernard Cornwell is well worth reading if you are of a historical disposition like myself.
    Walter Macken has some great, touching books, any work of his is my instant favourite.
    Everyone here should have read J.R.R. Tolkeins Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, so I do not need to explain it.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I really love a quartet by Ian Irvine, called The Well of Echoes. I'm at the end of the fourth one and the 1st book of the trilogy set after it is out now, so I'll be reading that soon.

I also LOVE the Resident Evil books by S.D Perry and a book called Nobody True by James Herbert

Smile and Be happy

I don't like books. Movies or games are better.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

anything with lots of sex.

The Harry potter books are all real good.

I love all the books that Mario Puzo wrote but the best by far is the Godfather

I have also been wanting to check out the Bourne Series of books
    Bourne Identity
    Bourne Supremacy
    Bourne Ultimatum

The Contender was also a pretty good book that we read in school a few years ago

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

A Song of Ice and Fire is an absolute masterpiece. Every last one of them is incredibly engaging and all around fantastic. Although the series is sorely lacking in the battle action that is expected of most fantasy, I find the suspense at the end of almost every chapter to be enough to keep my eyes glued to the pages for hours on end.

The only problem is the George R. R. Martin is absolutely terrible about deadlines. Seriously, A Feast For Crows took him five years to write, and he's already a year behind schedule for A Dance with Dragons. Despite that, the series is definitely my favorite.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling is amazing.

I also like The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. That is perhaps the only book I have ever cried over.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is really good too

Sig was made XandrewX, of course

Chocobo Lovers Club!!
    Proud Member ...all hail Goldenboko!
    Would you like to play? Paste this into your sig with a link to your favorite Playin' and Support the Playin' threads.