Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FFXIII confirmed as not exclusive to PS3 (turns out it is)

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

No, start saving your money if you want to play Final Fantasy XIII and buy a PS3. In this recent Toriyama interview (scans below, and yes, it is in english), he doesn't say a single thing about FF XIII going to PS3. What he does say, is this:

"In fact, the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII project isn't just limited to three titles - there are many different aspects. In terms of the formats we're reaching, as well, it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones."
    Also, we know he recently said that he loved working with PS3 and that the PS3 is an ideal console (to him) for FF XIII. So no, no FF XIII on 360 I'm afraid. But, like said above, there's still Hearesis and probably 2 other FNC-games that are still console-less. I can see one of those going to 360.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...tionmag_01.jpg
    http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...tionmag_02.jpg
    http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...tionmag_03.jpg
    http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...tionmag_04.jpg
    http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...tionmag_05.jpg

Source:
    http://www.forever-fantasy.net/

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Smurf yeah! Now all I need is MGS 4!
    I second this...

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    If something is going to be on the Wii, it won't be the main game. I don't see how they could put it out without a drastic reduction in quality, let alone somehow impliment the Wiimote and all that shiet. It'd be a stand alone game designed to use the controller, if anything. How that would work I have no idea, but I don't really care either.
    Assuming this isn't forum bull :rolleyes2: I would say the game design for Versus XIII would be the most liekly candidate for the Wii with it's changing gameplay styles, the Wii-mote has a far better chance of being user friendly than a normal controller. This is purely speculation though.

I also add that we have yet to see what the Wii and 360 can really do, since the two companies that usually make systems "stand up and do tricks" have yet to work on a game for either system. I'm of course referring to Squeenix and Kojima Productions. Though I must say Mistwalkers games have completely floored me...

Its funny how you lot can believe this even though theres absolutely no proof other than one site on the internet saying so. And even the site has no link to any interview or anything. Im not saying its completely false, Im just saying it would be better to wait before you start jumping the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Its funny how you lot can believe this even though theres absolutely no proof other than one site on the internet saying so. And even the site has no link to any interview or anything. Im not saying its completely false, Im just saying it would be better to wait before you start jumping the gun.
    I think people are more or less just expressing their feelings on if it were to be released on Xbox360 as well as PS3. We've seen in interviews that it has been a possible thought on SquareEnix's mind.

I'm not going to say it defenately will go multiplatform, but it'll be interesting if it does, and it'd give me a reason to get an Xbox360 (as well as other RPG's coming out for it). I don't think I'd like FFXIII to head towards Wii, though I still plan on getting one.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

I don't think the Xbox 360 would handle FFXIII as well as the PS3 could, though I'd definitely get a 360 if this is true. By the time it comes out, I'll most likely be on a tight budget, and won't want to shell out a lot on money on video games.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I think people are more or less just expressing their feelings on if it were to be released on Xbox360 as well as PS3. We've seen in interviews that it has been a possible thought on SquareEnix's mind.
    I agree that's likely the case, but if people are getting their hopes up over one site (that I've never even heard of) with no sources given and no coroboration from any other media outlet, I'd say they're setting themselves up for a big let down. The whole story screams either outright bull to me, or at least a misunderstanding of the fact that the entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive which was never a secret to begin with.

And I'd like to see some of these interviews you mention indicating Square was considering porting FFXIII to the 360. I've certainly seen them mention supporting it as well as the Wii, and not just the PS3 this gen, but I've never seen anyone at Square mention that they were even considering an FFXIII port.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I agree that's likely the case, but if people are getting their hopes up over one site (that I've never even heard of) with no sources given and no coroboration from any other media outlet, I'd say they're setting themselves up for a big let down. The whole story screams either outright bull to me, or at least a misunderstanding of the fact that the entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive which was never a secret to begin with.

And I'd like to see some of these interviews you mention indicating Square was considering porting FFXIII to the 360. I've certainly seen them mention supporting it as well as the Wii, and not just the PS3 this gen, but I've never seen anyone at Square mention that they were even considering an FFXIII port.
    It IS bull. On gamespot I've already learned that the staff of the site misinprented Toriyama's word from the interview that I posted in my post above.

Toriyama said FNC is not PS3 exclusive and that there will be other projects heading to different consoles. But he never said this about Final Fanatsy XIII. The site thought he was talking about FF XIII, which is wrong. Toriyama meant the entire Fabula Nova Crystalis project.

And of course FNC isn't exclusive to the PS3. We knew that since Agito showed up.

While I'm a little less skeptical because this seems to be a site devoted to the PS3 and therefore it would be odd if they spread rumors that could hurt it, I'll wait until a press release from Square-Enix or Sony before believing anything, thanks.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Square have sold their once, loyal sony devoted souls...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    While I'm a little less skeptical because this seems to be a site devoted to the PS3 and therefore it would be odd if they spread rumors that could hurt it, I'll wait until a press release from Square-Enix or Sony before believing anything, thanks.
    If anything, you should be more skeptical when you see a site, that I'm betting most here have never heard of (I certainly hadn't until they broke this "story"), reporting major news that even several hours after sweeping across the internet, none of the major media outlets have picked up on. News of this magnitude is reported by major media sources like IGN, Gamespot, etc. first, then filters down to the backwater sites. It doesn't start on a backwater site.

As Elpizo said, they most likely misinterpreted that interview, and I doubt it will be long before the more credible sources like IGN and Gamespot are debunking this with comments straight from the horses mouth before long. Even if it turned out that FFXIII wasn't going to be Sony exclusive, I'd bet money that these guys still just made a mistake and knew nothing of an actual announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post

You mean when they stopped making games for Nintendo and started making them for Sony?

Sony, like most companies, goes where the money is. That's business.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    LOL wrong.

Nintendo just pissed them off more at the time. There is no loyalty involved in the video game business, as long as there is a source of money. Go back to 1988, please, and learn your history.

Also, ths hasn't been confirmed by any other sites, otherwise, everyone, and I mean everyone would be all over this. If this can be chalked up to a misinterpretation, then nothing has really been lost.

Damnit, Roto, you beat me to it.

Thanks Tavrobel and Roto, maybe I do need to learn my history.

It shows that no company is loyal, and they only think about the "cheese"...
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Damnit, Roto, you beat me to it.
    Yeah, by like 40 minutes. What the hell? xD

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I saw it at school.