Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FFXIII confirmed as not exclusive to PS3 (turns out it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    I saw it at school.
    Kids...

Oh yer, I'm one too.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

A new diagram for the Fabula Novo Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (the collection of FFXIII games to be released) has three empty circles representing three un-announced games.

Could some of them be for DS, 360 or Wii? Hopefully, we'll learn at the Square-Enix Party 2007 in May.

Update: Motomu Toriyama of Square-Enix has said that the FF13 collection wont just be for PS3 and Mobile (two already announced for PS3 and one for mobile).

Source: http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/
    so there are three more unannounced games... chances are, they just might be on the Wii/360/DS

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post
    I don't think the Xbox 360 would handle FFXIII as well as the PS3 could, though I'd definitely get a 360 if this is true.
    What makes you say that? The Xbox 360 would be very capable. There has been no real evidence that shows the PS3 is a lot more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I agree that's likely the case, but if people are getting their hopes up over one site (that I've never even heard of) with no sources given and no coroboration from any other media outlet, I'd say they're setting themselves up for a big let down. The whole story screams either outright bull to me, or at least a misunderstanding of the fact that the entire FFXIII project as a whole isn't exclusive which was never a secret to begin with.
    Yeah that's true; I couldn't really imagine a fair few of these posts are from people getting their hopes up though. I am also very skeptical since I have never heard of the site before. I think perhaps they misinterpreted news from other sites.

I don't think we should rule out an Xbox 360 port though, or at least some other games from the FFXIII line to come on Xbox 360.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Wow that's such great news, so it's gonna be on PS2, PC and other systems? Great news indeed ^_^

I take it you kind of skipped reading through this thread before posting.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Find that same news about kh3 and I "wont" kill myself

There is a difference between Final Fantasy XIII (the game) and Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII (the project) people.

Way to completely misquote someone and run with it, guys
    Word/s.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I don't think we should rule out an Xbox 360 port though, or at least some other games from the FFXIII line to come on Xbox 360.
    I wouldn't count out other games in the whole FFXIII series coming out on Wii/360, but given Square's history, I don't find it that likely that they'll go multiplatform with a single title. How many games have they ever gone multiplatform with? I have trouble thinking of any, and they are also in a unique position in the sense that FFXIII very likely will be enough to sell PS3's. Especially when people start looking at the other great looking games coming to the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Smurf yeah! Now all I need is MGS 4!
    Too true
    ~-x-~ Psyniac ~-x-~
    Official Rikku Fanboy

Oh well.

Now they are going to was time makeing i fit on to 9GB so it goes on Xbox360.
    They could of had 50Gb but no they won't so now it will suck
    also
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    What makes you say that? The Xbox 360 would be very capable. There has been no real evidence that shows the PS3 is a lot more powerful.
    PS3 has a CELL MICROPROCESSOR that has 8 cores. and cad to 2 teleyflops (some mesurments for calclations per sec)
    Xbox 360 has a Xenon prosesor with 3 cores. and carnt mange 1 teleyflop.
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by The black mage View Post
    PS3 has a CELL MICROPROCESSOR that has 8 cores. and cad to 2 teleyflops (some mesurments for calclations per sec)
    Xbox 360 has a Xenon prosesor with 3 cores. and carnt mange 1 teleyflop.
    As I'm sure you've noticed, the longer a system is out, the better developers get at using the system's specs to their fullest. This early in the game, I can't imagine that Final Fantasy XIII is going to utilize all of the PS3's capabilities. From what I've seen and heard, FFXIII doesn't really seem like something the XBox 360 isn't capable of handling.

Edit: I also don't understand why you would expect Square Enix to actually use 50GB for the game. That's... overkill.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Edit: I also don't understand why you would expect Square Enix to actually use 50GB for the game. That's... overkill.
    Kojima has already stated he wants Sony to bring out the 50GB discs, not so much for HD content (though that takes a lot of room), but for all of the things he can do with the audio in MGS4 (audio takes up a lot of space too afterall). If Square wants to, they could easily use up a large chunk of space on a 50GB disc. Of course they could theoretically split it up between a few DVD's, but that's not really the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    No its not. they wouln't have to comprease it meaning short load times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Of course they could theoretically split it up between a few DVD's, but that's not really the point.
    to get the same amount of storage you would need 5,6 DVD's. thats a lot of hasle
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's assuming they used a full 50GB disc. We used to switch out between as many as four CD's in the PSX days. However, to be able to render all of the various areas in the game at any point during a game would require the necessary information be on the discs, which would mean each disc containing a lot of the content (HD textures, audio, etc.) that's already on the other discs. I suppose looking at it that way, it could take more than the equivalent disc size in DVD's to do the job.

"In fact, the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII project isn't just limited to three titles - there are many different aspects. In terms of the formats we're reaching, as well, it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones."
    Nothing about the game being multyplatform was said. rather He was stating the aspects of formats could be different.