Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FFXIII confirmed as not exclusive to PS3 (turns out it is)

Square Enix has made no press release yet. However a sony executive in france has stated that whether or not FFXIII is going to be PS3 exclusive is being discussed. Here is the source for that http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fina...ostpop;title;1. They say that game production is so expensive now, that's why it's exclusivity is in discussion.

Even with all the 360's power, I have yet to see somthing like this on their system. Most 360 game sofar are just shineir xbox1 games.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh man. I quite like the PS3 and if I ever invest in a next-gen console that will probably be my choice, but you're being an inexcusable idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by The black mage View Post
    PS3 has a CELL MICROPROCESSOR that has 8 cores. and cad to 2 teleyflops (some mesurments for calclations per sec)
    Xbox 360 has a Xenon prosesor with 3 cores. and carnt mange 1 teleyflop.
    I'm not sure what a 'teleyflop' is, if you are referring 'terraflops' that is one thing Sony decided to capitalize on during E3. However, there are many other factors that decide a systems performance besides that and other factors in which the 360 has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by The black mage View Post
    No its not. they wouln't have to comprease it meaning short load times.
    But huge uncompressed files would take longer to load from a disk than small compressed files.
    Word/s.

Default Makes sense

[QUOTE=Grim; They say that game production is so expensive now, that's why it's exclusivity is in discussion.[/QUOTE]
    The main reason that Sony lost exclusivity to such titles as GTA and Devil May Cry. They make so much more money if they distribute the game to a wider user-base. The company has to pay all the people behind the game (which if we're talking a blockbuster like FF 13, is quite bit), and at the same time generate enough revenue to have a profit. I'm sorry fanboys, but porting it to the 360 isn't shooting you through the heart, it's giving them better ability to deliver a better game, for they know they have the monetary backing of PS3 AND 360 players, so they can spend a little more to make it that much better. (I'm sorry if most of this was rambling, I'm kinda sick right now, but I hope I got the point across.)
    What happens here?

No matter what console it's on, I can't wait for it to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico View Post
    I'm not sure what a 'teleyflop' is, if you are referring 'terraflops' that is one thing Sony decided to capitalize on during E3. However, there are many other factors that decide a systems performance besides that and other factors in which the 360 has the advantage.
    Sorry i spelt it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico View Post
    No its not. they wouln't have to comprease it meaning short load times.
    But huge uncompressed files would take longer to load from a disk than small compressed files.[/quote]
    yes then the Xbox has to uncompres it, while PS3 starts to use it staright away

EDIT. yes i exspect that some of the difrent parts will be for Xbox, but no the main ones.
    Last edited by The black mage; 04-24-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This news is false, since the same news cannot be found on any other website.
    I really dont think it should go multiplat. It would not be too good on the xbox360, and the PS3 version would suffer immensely too, unless it goes out as a port, in which case 360 fans will get a crap deal.

I have a PS3, and I want it to stay PS3 exclusive, end of story

LOL I want it 2 sty on Da ps3 becoz I own 1.

Seriously, I'd love it if it went multiplatform. It would make me more than consider buying an xbox360 with its wide range of games.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    LOL I want it 2 sty on Da ps3 becoz I own 1.
    Yeah........... Sooooooo your point is? :rolleyes2

Seriously, imo it would also decrease in quality.

My point? I felt like switching to aim talk, you're aimism or racist against aim speak?

Oh god, who knows? Okay, I've heard all this rambling about Such and such a console being more powerful than the other and etc etc insert more bickering but I don't care if its a slight dip in quality, I'd just be happy playing the game.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, it would seem a post I made earlier got lost in the forum rollback so I'll post it again.

The odds of this game ever coming out on the 360 are even more slim than they were before if you ask me. A friend of mine read in a developer interview that making a game specifically for the 360/PC and porting it to the PS3, or vice versa (we're talking something that really takes advantage of each systems hardware to the fullest here), would essentially take almost as long and cost as much, if not more, than developing it from scratch. It makes sense since each are totally different hardware architectures. You won't generally see it with current games since they don't tend to exploit the hardware they're on fully, and I doubt you'll see it on games that start out with multi-platform release in mind, but let's just think here; which game is utilizing an engine specifically designed to take advantage of the PS3?

If Square wanted to port it over to the 360, it'd be almost like starting from scratch, since the game engine itself would need a pretty big overhaul.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Well I'm not getting a 360 just cos it's cheaper. I still wanna play Tekken 6 and probably SoulCalibur 4 n stuff. VSXIII is probably gonna be PS3 exclusive as well so...
    jkhkjg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I find it interesting that UltimaMasamune hasn't posted in here yet.

Sadly, Soul Calibur 4 will still require me to get a PS3. Hopefully, that game will go multiplatform too, like they did with SC2.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Who says SC4 will be a PS3 exclusive? The only Soul Calibur game that was exclusive to a PlayStation was SC3. Also Soul Blade, if you count that. Namco decided to focus on developing SC3 for one console so they could pay more attention to it. (Which apparently wasn't enough for them to not forget to put in Team Battle mode, but whatever.) They chose the PS2 because SC 2 sold more on PS2 worldwide than it did on the other two consoles. With the way things are going now, that doesn't seem likely any more. I'd be willing to bet it'll also be on Xbox 360.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I heard the GC version of SC2 sold best (like anything with lol Link in it). Anyway, wasn't Soul Blade a PS1 exclusive?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?