View Poll Results: does realisum matter?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it does obviously!

4 40.00%
  • meh dont really care!

3 30.00%
  • direction is what really matters!

2 20.00%
  • why the hell are you asking me weirdo! this was just an exsuse for making a poll you sad git!

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Splatter Movies?

Dancing Chocobo Splatter Movies?

okies iv just watched kill bill and it was awesome! but we got into a descussion about the relisum of these kind of films? does it really matter or is it the beauty of direction.
    I dont particly care wether or not the film is unrealistic. I liked how quentine tarratino direceted the film. it was beautfull occasanliy spoiled by the odd squirts of blood here and there. i cant wait to see the next one!
    what are your thoughts?

The films, just like the theatre and books, are based upon conventions. Thus you accept the plot as it is, most of which is of course rubbish. The only time the realism matters is when it comes to history. You definitely don't want the people with little education to think that Troy conquered China or anything like that.

Kill Bill is such a lame splatter movie. You should watch films like Maniac, Cannibal Holocaust and Brain Dead.

I dont mind splatter films but after you've seen a dozen of them the gore doesnt make up for the all round crapness that is the movie itself.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Kill Bill is a great movie to me! Although, Kill Bill vol.2 is not as good as vol.1. And realism barely matters in films like this.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

It's more of a parody really.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Kill Bill is such a lame splatter movie. You should watch films like Maniac, Cannibal Holocaust and Brain Dead.

I dont mind splatter films but after you've seen a dozen of them the gore doesnt make up for the all round crapness that is the movie itself.
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from 1974 OWNS everything else in this genre!

"Look what your brother did to the doooooor!"
    "Get upstairs and get your grand-PA!"

XD

i think it depend on the type of film, but i dont mind it, me and my friend were talkin about this the other day, on films and games people rick their lives and stuff for people who have only known each oher a few weeks/months. i cant remember what film it was but they met one day and the next they were living together and in love.

its in loads of films though so i dont really notice it, i don mind

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from 1974 OWNS everything else in this genre!

"Look what your brother did to the doooooor!"
    "Get upstairs and get your grand-PA!"

XD
    i am officailt too scares of texasd chainsaw2 mascare. i watched once have it on dvd and i will never watch it again.
    it has to be the most scarest film ever made.

Wishmaster FTW! Watch it and you'll see. I didn't like the movie but it wins for a splatter movie.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Wishmaster really isnt a splatter movie though....

I'm afraid it is.

I'd just say the movie was very violent, but not a splatter movie. I thought the movie sucked anyway...

That was a rubbish movie! BTW I think it might be wishmaster 2 or 3 I'm talking about...

I just thought of another one! Saving Privet Ryan! Now that movie had blood on the camera and all sorts...