Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: The dumbest moments in FF8

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Ok, touche.

Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Zell, Irvine, Edea, Cid, Seifer or Laguna should have died.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    In the desert prison where squall is on the bottom floor and zell (i think) is a few floors up fighting, then squall comes in to help him and flies down from above and slashes some enemies even though he was below him before.
    When Zell grovelled in front of Squall to 'thank' him, it looked like Zell was giving Squal a bl*w j*b! Not that Squall would mind...

I always leave that bit a while before pressing X and Squall is all like 'I said get off!'

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

"I said get off! Your services are no longer required." Another stupid part is when Irvine has remorse before shooting Edea...like c'mon! I almost felt Squall's frustration in that moment.
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Everything after the opening FMV.

when you meet selphie and she falls off the rocks like an idiot.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

i thought Seifer slicing Odin in half was just.... dumb. Odin can kill all these big bad monsters and one slash from a human just kills him like that

Quote Originally Posted by ragnosica View Post
    [...]Another stupid part is when Irvine has remorse before shooting Edea...like c'mon! I almost felt Squall's frustration in that moment.
    Absolutely

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Grinenshire View Post
    [...]Another stupid part is when Irvine has remorse before shooting Edea...like c'mon! I almost felt Squall's frustration in that moment.
    Absolutely
    Are you sure it was remorse? It looked more like nervousness, as he only had one shot at it, and he didn't want to mess everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinenshire View Post
    Absolutely
    Are you sure it was remorse? It looked more like nervousness, as he only had one shot at it, and he didn't want to mess everything up.
    No. Irvine remembers who Edea is (their orphanage mother person thing I don't know), and can't bring himself to kill her. At least, that's what I remember, I haven't played for awhile. At least it was something like that.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You mean Matron?

It would seem to be a reasonable explanation, although at the time, it looks like he tries to shoot and simply chokes. Although I would have liked to see a scene where Irvine addresses the assassination attempt in light of later events.

i'll tell you how it is, Irvine explains exactly. He said that he never actually killed a human and that when he had to he just couldn't pull the trigger.

Final Fantasy 7

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I know he gives that explanation, but Omecle raised a valid point about additional reasons that Irvine may have had but left unsaid at the the time.

is this theory strengthened anywhere along the game? does irvine say something that nobody knew?

Final Fantasy 7

i'll tell you how it is, Irvine explains exactly. He said that he never actually killed a human and that when he had to he just couldn't pull the trigger.
    thats right, when you get to the orphanage irvine says he knew everyone from the moment he met them at galbadia. But he didnt say anything because everyone else didnt even recognise eachother.

While they talk about the past they mention matron, only then does everyone even irvine realise that edea is matron, so he only didnt shoot at her straight away becuase he was nervous

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The part where Zell was doing fighting moves in the hall of Balamb Garden and backflipped and landed on his head and his yarmulke flew off.