Thread: The dumbest moments in FF8

that doesn't answer my question
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

If Tonberries and Cactuars the party fights in FFVIII do not include the ones that chocobo knows in the mini-game, then there's no contradiction. I would assume the bulk of Cactaurs and Tonberries do not know chocobo personally.

Unless the Cactuar and Tonberry in the mini-game specifically appear in FFVIII as well, like say Jumbo Cactuar and Tonberry King.

those are exactly the ones i'm talking about

Final Fantasy 7

Blog Entries

how at the beginning, SeeD members had to all fight the same gf. Is Squall the only one who isnt so crappy that they cant beat ifrit.

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    how at the beginning, SeeD members had to all fight the same gf. Is Squall the only one who isnt so crappy that they cant beat ifrit.
    I always wondered that...
    Unless it's a different GF each time...
    Oh yeah, when squall gets out of the escape pod form the space station and he's convenintely where Riona is, they were going in two different directions...

The thing that get's me is how the hell are the people at SeeD getting paid when they are in Ultimecia's castle in the future.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    Its been a while since ive played but i remember finding out there was a big fat ugly alien residing at the lower level of the garden that no-one knew about :S
    They all knew about it.

I found two really dumb moment in this game ,First when you go to timber maniacs and there is a man that if you talk to him he start talking till Squall will get out of the room ,And the second and really the dumbest is when Squall will save Zell in the D-Desert-prison .

The true Fenrir Cloud_omnislash_Strife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    The whole darned game

Running away from ATM0002 or whatever it was called, unable to dent it, then it's completely destroyed by a few rounds from a machine gun. If only Barrett was there eh!
    LOL when I beat that I was like

WTF? I batter that thing with swords,magic and Godlike GF's and this thin gets illed by a Machine Gun?

The truth is there.....

Well somebody once said that the in-game FFVIII is different than the REAL FFVIII...matrix trivia if you ask me:rolleyes2

Final Fantasy 7

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

In the desert prison where squall is on the bottom floor and zell (i think) is a few floors up fighting, then squall comes in to help him and flies down from above and slashes some enemies even though he was below him before.
    Squall and his party, went up in the elevator that goes up and down the center of the building. squall then jumped from that.

Aussi, Irvine never showed remorse for Edea, Irvines character was the wussy character. He just got scared, he never showed remorse as far as I can remember.

As for 'dumbest' moments. It was when I saw the thread titled "Embaresment" or something similar to that...

Sephiro this here.

How 'bout in disc 1 when they were on the important mission to assassinate the sorceress Quistis abandons her post because she felt she had hurt Rinoa's feelings and wants to go apologize right then and there.

The game just went downhill from that point on. It was pretty cool up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    The thing that get's me is how the hell are the people at SeeD getting paid when they are in Ultimecia's castle in the future.
    Heh, I've been replaying FF8 lately and I kept noticing that. Doesn't matter where in the world they are, what awkward position they might be in--they can be arrested and tossed into a prison, and yet while running around they still somehow get their salary!
    Disclaimer: The above does not necessarily represent the opinions of anyone.

Think about it. Cid is one of the most physically pathetic characters in the game. Do you really think it's odd that he would do whatever it takes to avoid making late payments to a group of elite mercenaries? Not the sort of people you want to piss off.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

that's because it's direct deposit straight into their accounts
    i mean what the hell kind of currency is gil anyway?
    is it cash, coins, shiny stones?
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???