Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The dumbest moments in FF8

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    i thought Seifer slicing Odin in half was just.... dumb. Odin can kill all these big bad monsters and one slash from a human just kills him like that
    Yep that part was really dumb!

NORG and summon sequences. screw boosts =P

Blog Entries

When zell is dumb enough to tell that president they were from the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    How 'bout in disc 1 when they were on the important mission to assassinate the sorceress Quistis abandons her post because she felt she had hurt Rinoa's feelings and wants to go apologize right then and there.

The game just went downhill from that point on. It was pretty cool up to that point.
    I thought it was even more dumb that both Zell and Selphie followed her, but i wouldnt say the game went downhill from there.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinenshire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnosica View Post
    [...]Another stupid part is when Irvine has remorse before shooting Edea...like c'mon! I almost felt Squall's frustration in that moment.
    Absolutely
    Are you sure it was remorse? It looked more like nervousness, as he only had one shot at it, and he didn't want to mess everything up.
    Doesn't really matter. They guy's supposed to be a trained hitman. Then again, I guess it's alright killing out squads of G-Troopers but having doubts about shooting Edy. I actually really felt like poking Irvine with that gunblade a couple of times when he brought out that line.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono View Post
    How 'bout in disc 1 when they were on the important mission to assassinate the sorceress Quistis abandons her post because she felt she had hurt Rinoa's feelings and wants to go apologize right then and there.

The game just went downhill from that point on. It was pretty cool up to that point.
    I thought it was even more dumb that both Zell and Selphie followed her, but i wouldnt say the game went downhill from there.
    2nd'ed.

in Zells house, foiund an old issue of timber maniacs..............NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    that's because it's direct deposit straight into their accounts
    i mean what the hell kind of currency is gil anyway?
    is it cash, coins, shiny stones?
    Silver coins with a hole in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    The thing that get's me is how the hell are the people at SeeD getting paid when they are in Ultimecia's castle in the future.
    They're not in the future. Time is compressed, so objects from the future are with them in the present. It's a very lame, poorly thought out plot concept.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok Irvine Kinneas says essentially that during an assasination shot the sniper is going to go down in history, suceede or fail. They've got 1 bullet, 1 opportunity and thats that. They screw up they're dead, they suceede and quite frankly they've gotta out run the mob of angry soldiers or die. The mission was a complete set up they were used by Martine who wasn't meant to assign Balamb SeeDs to the mission. He knew he was the one who made a difference, FRONTAL assault? come on, thats plain suicide for anyone there was hundreds of soldiers in that street plus Seifer and then finally some kick ass woman who has powers with magic that even a GF would be hard pressed to beat in a stand up fight. Squall understands this only too well but he also is so stoic he'll follow orders to the end he tries to take some of the pressure off Irvine by saying; All I need is the shot, miss for all I care, just give me a sign I'll take care of it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    then finally some kick ass woman who has powers with magic that even a GF would be hard pressed to beat in a stand up fight.
    mine seemed to do ok

Another dumb moment, on the journey to timber why was Zell so excited about the train? i mean they got a room with a sofa and two beds woohoo

Rinoa being a damsel in distress in space. *kills self*

Oh yes, and that bitch Ultimecia.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Raijin in the lake.
    It wasn't so bad.

the whole
    Quistis: actually i love Squall like a brother
    stuff, oh yeah really thats why u've been kissing his ass the whole game. total cop out cos they needed to rush the squall rinoa tosh up
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    They're not in the future. Time is compressed, so objects from the future are with them in the present. It's a very lame, poorly thought out plot concept.
    Yes, they are in the future. Play the game again and pay attention.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Despite it all being bad, Ultimecia was especially dumb.

"Kurse all SeeD! Swarming like lokus throughout the generations!"

Edea and Seifer made a cool main villain combo. If only they stopped it at CD2 and totally left out Ultimecia.