Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The dumbest moments in FF8

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    They're not in the future. Time is compressed, so objects from the future are with them in the present. It's a very lame, poorly thought out plot concept.
    Yes, they are in the future. Play the game again and pay attention.
    They're not. Time is compressed. Hence why it's called Time Compression. That means past, present, and future merged together. Think of it like the End of Time in CT, except it's an amalgam of time periods that is somewhere outside of time itself instead of a total void of time periods with gates that lead to different epochs.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~*
    Rinoa being a damsel in distress in space. *kills self*
    And in Deling City. And during the battle between Balamb Garden and Galbadia Garden. And while being imprisonned in the Sorceress Memorial. And after Adel junctionned to her.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    Edea and Seifer made a cool main villain combo. If only they stopped it at CD2 and totally left out Ultimecia.
    Edea wasn't a villain. In disc 1 and 2, Ultimecia was Edea in "disguise". She was using Edea's body as a shell, to move, talk, and fight.

For example, Ultimecia's first words in FFVIII were:
    "...Poor, poor boy..."
    "Such a confused little boy. Are you going to step forward? Retreat? You have to decide."

This was Ultimecia(inside Edea's body) talking with Seifer, in Timber.

Ultimecia was there all the time. This is why Edea(the true one) said that Ultimecia was possessing her BODY. But you didn't pay attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Takara
    They're not. Time is compressed. Hence why it's called Time Compression. That means past, present, and future merged together. Think of it like the End of Time in CT, except it's an amalgam of time periods that is somewhere outside of time itself instead of a total void of time periods with gates that lead to different epochs.
    Yes they are. Before you enter Lunatic Pandora, Dr. Odine explained that Squall and the others would go throught TC, and LEAVE it. When they leave TC, they would be in Ultimecia's future.
    But you didn't know that, because you didn't pay attention to Odine's words.

After talking with many people in many forums, i discovered the truth. And the truth is... Many people don't like the story of FFVIII, because they didn't pay attention to it.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 07-13-2007 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay
    Edea and Seifer made a cool main villain combo. If only they stopped it at CD2 and totally left out Ultimecia.
    Edea wasn't a villain. In disc 1 and 2, Ultimecia was Edea in "disguise". She was using Edea's body as a shell, to move, talk, and fight.

"...Poor, poor boy..."
    "Such a confused little boy. Are you going to step forward? Retreat? You have to decide."

Ultimecia was there all the time. This is why Edea(the true one) said that Ultimecia was possessing her BODY. But you didn't pay attention to that.
    I think what he meant was that he would have preferred Ultimecia to be written out of the story completely and for Edea's villainous persona to be her actual character, rather then Ultimecia speaking through her.

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay

"...Poor, poor boy..."

I think what he meant was that he would have preferred Ultimecia to be written out of the story completely and for Edea's villainous persona to be her actual character, rather then Ultimecia speaking through her.
    exactly. I know Ultimecia was controlling Edea but you found that out in CD3 so if they stopped at CD2 and kept Edea as the default antagonist with her wussy knight, it would be much better imo (especially since people always complain about how late in the game ultimecia was introduced)

besides, that part of the story was really big to miss so there's no way that i could finish the game 5 times and still not pay attention to that =p

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    exactly. I know Ultimecia was controlling Edea but you found that out in CD3 so if they stopped at CD2 and kept Edea as the default antagonist with her wussy knight, it would be much better imo
    Can you explain why you think it would be better? Because excluding their physical appearance, "evil" Edea and Ultimecia are literally the same person.

(especially since people always complain about how late in the game ultimecia was introduced)
    Because they didn't understand the story. Because they didn't understand that Ultimecia was introduced in the 1st CD(in Timber), and Edea was introduced only in the 3rd CD.

I'm sorry, but i still cannot understand why people prefer the villain Edea over Ultimecia. Because that means they prefer Ultimecia over Ultimecia. And that don't make any sense!
    Last edited by The Crystal; 07-13-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Edea was introduced only in the 3rd CD.
    Wrong. Edea is introduced in the first disc. Her true self/Personality is introduced in disc 3 (2 actually because of the ending of that disc).

I'm sorry, but i still cannot understand why people prefer the villain Edea over Ultimecia. Because that means they prefer Ultimecia over Ultimecia. And that don't make any sense!
    You don't understand. People wish Ultimecia had never been in the game. They wish Edea had the same personality she had on discs 1 and 2 on discs 3 and 4 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Wrong. Edea is introduced in the first disc. Her true self/Personality is introduced in disc 3 (2 actually because of the ending of that disc).
    Edea's body is introduced in disc 1. And by the way you(and other people) talk("Her true self/personality"), it seems that she has another personality during discs 1 and 2. But she hasn't. It wasn't her at all.

You don't understand. People wish Ultimecia had never been in the game.
    And my question is: Why?

Normally, what make a character interesting is his/her personality, or intelligence, or power, or all of them together, or etc.

But... It was Ultimecia's personality, Ultimecia's power, Ultimecia's intelligence, etc. It was all her. And they still wish she had never been in the game? And they still say she is a crap villain?
    What is so great about the "inanimate" shell Edea(because this is what she was during discs 1 and 2) that make her be so better than Ultimecia?

I cannot understand that.

They wish Edea had the same personality of Ultimecia.
    Fixed for you.

Edea's body is introduced in disc 1. And by the way you(and other people) talk("Her true self/personality"), it seems that she has another personality during discs 1 and 2. But she hasn't. It wasn't her at all.
    That was not at all what I said. I said that at the END of disc 2 her true personality was revealed. I was agreeing with you kind of.

And my question is: Why?

Normally, what make a character interesting is his/her personality, or intelligence, or power, or all of them together, or etc.

But... It was Ultimecia's personality, Ultimecia's power, Ultimecia's intelligence, etc. It was all her. And they still wish she had never been in the game? And they still say she is a crap villain?
    What is so great about the "inanimate" shell Edea(because this is what she was during discs 1 and 2) that make her be so better than Ultimecia?

I cannot understand that.
    Again you don't understand. They wish Ultimecia had never been in the game. They wish Edea was the Edea from discs 1 and 2 throughout the whole game. It was a crap plot twist. This is why people wish Ultimecia had never been in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    They wish Edea had the same personality she had on discs 1 and 2 on discs 3 and 4 as well.
    Fixed for you.
    Returned to how it should be. If Ultimecia hadn't have been in the game then it wouldn't be her personality.

Yes they are. Before you enter Lunatic Pandora, Dr. Odine explained that Squall and the others would go throught TC, and LEAVE it. When they leave TC, they would be in Ultimecia's future.
    Okay, after re-reading the script, you were right. It doesn't mean I didn't pay attention to it, though. It just means I've forgotten that detail because my last playthrough of FFVIII dates from 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnosica View Post
    I'll start: when Edea talks to the crowd in Dollet and makes them pathetic for being constantly hypocrite towards her past, and they just cheer her more and more...talk about asskissing
    the dancing in that scene is very good, I like it.
    The music is awesome!!
    Everything is cool!
    But the one make me sick is Edea's Speech!

Scene in BasketBall Yard is so long, boring.

Queen Cards and CC Groups are S**KS!
    I hate Jumbo Cacktuar... more than Ruby Dragon..

I think the crowd was under some type of spell during Ultimecia's speech in Galbadia.

i think it was when u beat seifer at lunatic pandora and u just see him leave the screen and then quistis says rinoa(or wateva you named her)has been taken by seifer WTF

Most of the ingame scenarios are stupid...

After talking with many people in many forums, i discovered the truth. And the truth is... Many people don't like the story of FFVIII, because they didn't pay attention to it.
    FTW
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i like the story.. pretty awsome.. and lots of side quest..

one thing though.. i didnt like the card game(prob cause i didnt get it.. and thats cause i didnt try :P).. ghehe.. you should've seen my attempt at the queen side quest.. im still glad i already card-modded bahamut..

anyways.. back to the dumbest moment.. sgotta be the zell headthumping in d-district prison.