Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tenacious even.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I can guess right now at this very moment, Gregg Popovich's coaching staff is probably watching the Suns/Lakers game to grab game film on the Suns to prepare for the next round. I think it'll be interesting to see if the Spurs can wipe out the Suns this year the way they did two years ago. And I'm already declaring that a Conference Semifinals series early, because the Lakers simply have no hope to win this game, let alone the series.

I will be very disappointed in the NBA if Richardson plays again during this series. If DJ Mbenga is suspended 5 or 6 for simply going into the stands to help his coach's wife, then Richardson should certainly be gone far more for pushing or punching a fan and cursing him.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/89893.html
    Witness: Warriors' Richardson punched fan in chest
    By ART GARCIA
    STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER
    Jason Richardson punched a Mavericks fan in the chest late in Game 5, according to a season ticket-holder who says he witnessed the incident Tuesday night at American Airlines Center.

Brett Landes of Dallas was sitting about two feet away when Richardson fell into the stands after missing a 3-pointer with about 30 seconds left in the Mavs' 118-112 win.

“I was there when it happened,” Landes recounted. “I know security asked the guy who was accosted to leave and spoke to him about the incident.

“Jason fell into the second row after chasing a ball and was caught by the guy in the second row. Jason then slapped his hand away and said, ‘Keep your [expletive] hands off me.’ When the guy said something back, J-Rich punched him in the chest and said, ‘I will whip or kick your [expletive].’ Then it was over.”

Landes said Richardson used a closed fist and categorized the punch as “emphatic.” Landes didn’t know what the fan said to Richardson before the alleged punch, but according to Mavs security officials who reviewed tape of the incident, an unidentified fan is seen pushing richardson before the alleged punch.

The league began investigating the incident immediately after the game. If the NBA decides to take action against Richardson, it will be announced today, according to a league official.
    EDIT: And he's fined, 35k. What a copout by the league. He admits to assaulting a fan, and somehow that doesn't warrant a suspension. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-03-2007 at 10:48 PM.

I am neither criticizing nor supporting the action taken against Richardson (or lack thereof, given the fact that the punishment was a slap on the wrist), but I think action should be taken against the fan, as well; probably getting his season tickets revoked. According to that very source of information, that same fan pushed Richardson before the alleged punch happened; such was even confirmed by Mavs security officials. Of course, any time I see fans and players going at it in the stands, regardless of how minor it is, I am reminded of that Detroit brawl. The fans who were involved in that, including the guy who threw that cup at Ron Artest, had their season tickets revoked and were banned from the Palace of Auburn Hills for life.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 05-04-2007 at 02:15 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha, you always dig up something, don't you?

This should be a game for the ages!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I will be very disappointed in the NBA if Richardson plays again during this series. If DJ Mbenga is suspended 5 or 6 for simply going into the stands to help his coach's wife, then Richardson should certainly be gone far more for pushing or punching a fan and cursing him.

EDIT: And he's fined, 35k. What a copout by the league. He admits to assaulting a fan, and somehow that doesn't warrant a suspension. Ridiculous.
    Richardson admitted to the assault? Where? That article gave no mention of proof Richardson actually punched the fan, only one witness. If this was on a Dallas player you'd be praising the lighter punishment due to lack of apparent evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

Richardson admitted to the assault? Where? That article gave no mention of proof Richardson actually punched the fan, only one witness. If this was on a Dallas player you'd be praising the lighter punishment due to lack of apparent evidence.
    War of words - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

"I can't remember (what he said) in the heat of the moment," Richardson said of the fan. "All I know is that I pushed him back, trying to see who he was. But it's over."

Sounds like an admission to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

... did you even read what you quoted?

EDIT: Dallas sure is lucky their 3's are falling this game. I think they're 5 for 7 so far for their only 15 points. And Stackhouse is 3-3 for most of those. Wow, that's some shooting.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 05-04-2007 at 04:03 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, there goes Davis, and the hopes for the Warriors.

The bright side of this is even if Dallas wins they will always know that they couldn't beat the 8th seed Warriors full strength. No matter what else they do in these playoffs that will always hang over their head, and what this team will be known for.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    ... did you even read what you quoted?

EDIT: Dallas sure is lucky their 3's are falling this game. I think they're 5 for 7 so far for their only 15 points. And Stackhouse is 3-3 for most of those. Wow, that's some shooting.
    If anyone is lucky, it's Davis firing up these POS shots that continue to go in. The guy is a 30% three-point shooter, and he's at about 60% this series.

I don't get why everyone is acting like Baron Davis came out of nowhere. He was drafted 3rd overall in 1999. When he hasn't been injured, he's been a solid force for the team he's been on.

And please, near 30 PPG in a series against a team with a near record-breaking regular season is anything but "lucky".
    What I've been listening to:

What were the Mavs THINKING when they tried the Hack-a-Biedrins?

It doesn't matter if it's Hack-a-Shaq, Hack-a-Ben, Hack-a-Bowen, or Hack-a-Biedrins...if you intentionally foul the opposition's statistically worst free throw shooter away from the ball when you're in the penalty, 9 times out of 10, it's gonna backfire! Which is somewhat ironic, since the Mavs not only were the first team to use it, but are using it against a team coached by its inventor, Don Nelson!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not to mention this is the best team in the NBA trying a desparate move...wow I just have to say.

I wonder if the Warriors have any chance against their next opponent.

Also KB, I apologize for my previous posts. I didn't really mean them, I was just trying to get you riled up. I never thought it would be like this. I hope you are in a safe place tonight with family or friends.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Well, there goes Davis, and the hopes for the Warriors.
    End of the third quarter, GS leading by 23. Of course, Davis came back.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Well it is the end of the third and the score is 86 to 63 Golden State.

Unless Golden State sleeps through this quarter they should easily finish this game. I gotta admit I am curious to see how they fair in the next round.

Edit: Looking at the stats...holy . GS is shooting 60% from 3 point land and that doesn't include that late 40-50 footer at the end of the first. 9 Steals and 40 boards in comparison to the Mavs which have 4 steals and 32 boards. Dallas is just being out played. For a team that won 67 games during the regular season they should look like garbage.