Thread: More remakes coming?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by That site
    UPDATE: PlayStation Universe would like to apologise for the misinformation reported below. Whilst we always strive to provide you with the most reliable and important news, unfortunately we used an untruthworthy source for this article.
    ... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    NO FF VII! CHRONO BREAK!

*Eats Spawn of Sephiroth*
    NO, CHRONO TRIGGER! Great Game!!!!

*Eats Neocracker*:monster2:
    REMAKE TRIGGER, CROSS, AND THEN MAKE CHRONO BREAK! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

*Devours Spawn of Sephiroths soul*(Well, whatevers left of it)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That site
    UPDATE: PlayStation Universe would like to apologise for the misinformation reported below. Whilst we always strive to provide you with the most reliable and important news, unfortunately we used an untruthworthy source for this article.
    ... Yeah.
    yeah, folks, this is reported as untrustworthy. so don't worry.

but it might as well be square enix's new policy. On the poster for the celebration they're having next month, it shows all of the FF titles that's coming out this/next year.

It shows 13 titles and most of them are remakes/spinoffs. I think all of them actually are except XIII.

I think we should all take a break from bashing Square Enix for trying to make money, if you're not gonna enjoy the remake, ignore it. I loved VII same as I love all the FF games, if they remake it I will just play through it again to see the updated cutscenes. Can anyone who is throwing suggestions around that they would "ruin" it actually explain such a claim?
    If you have played any of the other remakes you will notice they kept them very faithful. Especially if you factor in what they could have done (i.e. lets put Sephi as an optional boss in FFIII!!!!!)
    SE have an excellent remake record and if you really enjoyed FFVII you would be happy to see SE bring it to a new generation with nextgen graphics. If you like the original better simply play that instead.
    More especially you cannot deny there is a massive fan call for a VII remake, regardless of whether you agree it would sell like wildfire and SE marketing department know this, come on they are a company not a charity.
    When we finally get info on when/if/how they will do a remake we can look for good and bad points until then we should be happy SE even bother trying to expand their gaming universes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GF_Diablos View Post
    I think we should all take a break from bashing Square Enix for trying to make money, if you're not gonna enjoy the remake, ignore it. I loved VII same as I love all the FF games, if they remake it I will just play through it again to see the updated cutscenes. Can anyone who is throwing suggestions around that they would "ruin" it actually explain such a claim?
    If you have played any of the other remakes you will notice they kept them very faithful. Especially if you factor in what they could have done (i.e. lets put Sephi as an optional boss in FFIII!!!!!)
    SE have an excellent remake record and if you really enjoyed FFVII you would be happy to see SE bring it to a new generation with nextgen graphics. If you like the original better simply play that instead.
    More especially you cannot deny there is a massive fan call for a VII remake, regardless of whether you agree it would sell like wildfire and SE marketing department know this, come on they are a company not a charity.
    When we finally get info on when/if/how they will do a remake we can look for good and bad points until then we should be happy SE even bother trying to expand their gaming universes.
    exactly. personally i've enjoyed all of the remakes, I think IV and II especially have greatly benefitted from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Oh, yes, and Sephy also looked better in his original incarnation than he did in AC.
    I actually thought he looked more like a f---ing cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Oh, yes, and Sephy also looked better in his original incarnation than he did in AC.
    I actually thought he looked more like a f---ing cricket.
    Jiminy Cricket?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    This report is based upon an article on a satire website, and is thus entirely untrue. Use your brain, anyway. Why would Square Enix be changing its business model when they already have devoted quite a bit of time and resources to remaking their old games? It's a joke, and a mockery, nothing more.
    It wouldn't be a joke and a mockery IF they keep absolutely everything the same. I'm talking about being able to fly the Highwind, having the overworld, and keeping the music the same (but orchestrated like in AC). I am all for some additions to the game, like the rumoured other Weapon under the ocean that you cannot reach, and more Gold Saucer games, but if they took ANYTHING away from the game I think it'd probably ruin them completely.

Square were on the down slope when FFX plummeted (face it, it wasn't very popular with a lot of fans), and then even further with X-2, and then the mistake of XI (sure, some like it...but I found it to be too much of a pain in the arse to continue with). They've redeemed themselves to some degree with XII, but if they remake VII for the PS3, they've got to be DAMN CAREFUL.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void