Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections [Take 2]

Default 2007 Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections [Take 2]

Yo yo gangster flow. Times are changing here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Like the old saying goes, out with the old, in with the new. Election time is rolling round again, and Election Booth? He is the old. He is just...that FACE. Us? We are just... that ace. We are also Rad Zak.

*hails Bruckner*

The grass is always greener over the fence past 6 neighbours, and we are that 7th neighbour. We're here to pick the Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections up off the ground and forward into the glorious new future. whatyagonnado. This fire was either accidental or started on purpose.

*Sits and stares and sits and stares*

GODDAMMIT PROTO! Will you marry me? UNLEASH THE FURY!! *copy paste DUH!

Don't trust any of them. We are the only sane ones here.

(only a knowman can save us now.)

The Setup
    You all know how the Elections work, right? Well, we’re going to spell out the rules anyway. Firstly, there’s the issue of how the forum will be divided up.

This year, we’re separating it into five sections: General, Staff and Reference, Nerds in Paradise, The Quickening and The Smell of Fear, and The World is Square...and Enix. Each party may assign between 3 and 6 members to each section of EoFF. This means that to be an official party, you must have at LEAST 3 members for each section—however, if you find yourself in a bind, you may choose to cover only three or four forum sections, rather than all five sections. Still, you must keep at least 3 members in each “group.” This means the minimum number of members an official party can contain is 9, while the maximum number of members a party is allowed to contain is 30. Now, for the Parties.

The Parties
    By the end of the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD (see below) your party must submit to us, via PM, a list with the following:
    Your party leader
    Your official party signature/banner
    Your official party mascot
    Your official party slogan
    A finalized list of your members and the sections they will represent, styled like so:
    General – DarthVader, Chodaboy, Mr. Deeds, Levian
    Staff and Reference – TheCandyMan, GuyFawkes, Superman
    And so on and so forth.

This year, things will be split up a bit differently. Here’s a lowdown of how things are going to be run.

The Time Frame
    I bet you were thinking about ignoring the rest of this thread and setting up an Election Party thread as fast as your little fingers could work, huh? Well, hold off! Things aren’t going to work quite like they always have. Right now, we’re in the beginnings of the HYPE PERIOD. The HYPE PERIOD will consist of this weekend, and will officially end on Wednesday, 12 am UK time.
    THE HYPE PERIOD (Duration: 3 days)
    What is the HYPE PERIOD, you ask? Well, between now and Wednesday, feel free to blabber about the Elections in this thread, with your friends, in the shower—we don’t care! You have this time to think over whether or not you’d like to form your own party. Feel out your friends (or feel ‘em up, if they’re that kind of friend) and see if they’d be interested in joining your nebulous party. Maybe think up a slogan and a party banner—whatever you want! This is the preparation period for all of you to get ready for the Elections, and will hopefully guarantee everyone starts out on fairly even footing.
    THE BURNING RUBBER PERIOD (Duration: 5 days)
    As of midnight UK time on Wednesday, April 25th, The HYPE PERIOD is over and the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD has begun. At this time, you are free to create a thread for your party and let the [strike]spamming[/strike] planning begin. By the end of the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD, you must have officially submitted your party to us. This is the beginning of the race, and you can read up a bit more on what kind of stuff you need to have done in the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD in The Setup.
    THE RAVING KIWI PERIOD (Duration: 5 days)
    Once the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD has come to a close, we’ll confirm the parties participating in the 2007 Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections. Then the tasks will be sent out. You will have five days to complete your group tasks and have them submitted to Rad Zak, at which time a new thread will be compiled with all of your submissions, which leads us to the final period…
    THE HOME STRETCH (Duration: 5 days)
    At long last, we’ve reached the end of this cursed event. Well, they’re just beginning now, but I’m sure that’s how we’ll feel in a couple weeks! During THE HOME STRETCH, all of your fantastic submissions will be displayed for the world to see, and the voting stage has officially begun. You’ll PM your votes to Rad Zak and then simply await the results. Or you could be an activist—to ensure the success of the Elections, bug your friends and make sure they all vote.

And that’s it! That’s the schedule. Note that we may extend the time frame of these stages by a day or two here and there to insure things run smoothly. Also, while you guys are busy working on your submissions or your voting or whatever, feel free to PM us asking for more time if you need it. As things stand, we feel this will work out about as well as that time Kramer [strike]made those hilarious black jokes[/strike] drove to Michigan to make a fortune recycling bottles. Now, get ready for Wednesday and start posting excitedly ASAP!

Also, be cool and pretend we didn't post this two days ago and respond to this thread all over again.
    Last edited by Rad Zak; 04-23-2007 at 07:23 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Here we go again

Praise the lord and pass the potatoes

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of miss Election Booth.

ALSO WHO WANTS TO BE IN MY PARTY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS YET?

Signature by rubah. I think.

This is a wonderful surprise. Wonderful.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

w00t! Elections are finally here!

I hope Fluffy Pink Party is revived!

Due to the server change business, the end of the HYPE PERIOD has been pushed back one day, in case you guys didn't notice. So don't be makin' no parties until Tuesday night at midnight (technically Wednesday) UK time, okay? Righteous.

Edit: So like, that got messed up a bit by my other personality. You don't want to listen to him, he's been known to frequent those seedy bars. The ones with the poles. You know what I mean. His mind isn't on the job.

But yeah, the Hype period ends when originally planned still, midnight on Wednesday GMT time. So wednesday evening for the American chappies. We'll let you know regardless, awright? Tubular.
    Last edited by Rad Zak; 04-23-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Default The election marathon of epic proportions!

Gonna be interesting this year for me, as this is my first real encounter with the elections.

Str8 Pimpin'

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Default said this last time

Ready to burn some rubber.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

EoFF fails. Game over.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I said it once, I'll say it again.

Sup.

Wait, do we have to have staff and everything decided?
    I mean hell, I didn't even join a party until the threads came up last time and I Ended up as staff. And Mascot wasn't picked until later as well.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Hehehe... A'yo people! GUESS WHOS IN THIS YEARS ELECTION!!!!!! A'yo, I got love for all the little people ya' heard me!!! I'm comin' to kick ass and take names!!! Typhoon A.K.A Tha Reapa hates being politically correct!!!!!!! VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Amen
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wee it's spam time! election time!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Yeah, what now, Cz. A freaking democracy. That's right.