Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stillshrine HELP

Default Stillshrine HELP

I need help against Mautus at the end of the stillshrine. all of my charicters are leval 23
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Ninjinshin Belts are a must. If you don't already have 3 of them, go out and buy one for each character you have in battle, otherwise you'll just keep losing time recovering from Sleep spells and he'll wipe the floor with you.

He uses sleep!!!
    he never uses sleep against me.
    I'm back who mised me.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Just pull off a fat quickening chain like I did. 15/16 hits, 30K+ of damage.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Blog Entries

I don't know if they're available at this time but Ice Shields help in this battle.Also quickenings will help a lot.If not Mateus at least they can wipe out those ice azers.

If you don't have quickenings then i suggest casting thundara un them until they're out.Watch out though.Mateus likes to use reflect so don't use thundara on him.Shell can also help a bit

Ok any help the quikanings as i can only get an 8 chain.
    Also i need more Demonsbanes i have 1 and its doing just under 500 damage
    I'm back who mised me.

Assuming that its an ice boss, might ice shields and flameswords help against it?

Shell and protect if available as well(I cant remember the timeline for spells since i havent played in a few weeks)

I'm pretty sure you can buy Ice Shields, Ninjinshin belts & Flametongue's from the shop guy at Mt. Bur-Omisace/Sand-strewn Pass. And if they dont have every thing you need try Jahara.
    Besides these 3 things listed is what I used. (She didnt really cast Sleepga that much on me either)
    With this you probably can beat her without using Quickenings.

Quote Originally Posted by The black mage View Post
    He uses sleep!!!
    Huh, that's weird. His Sleep spells were the only reason I couldn't kill him the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    He uses sleep!!!
    Huh, that's weird. His Sleep spells were the only reason I couldn't kill him the first time.
    Why do people keep calling it a guy!? Its plainly obvious its a female esper. Are you guys blind it has boobs you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Devil View Post
    He uses sleep!!!
    Why do people keep calling it a guy!? Its plainly obvious its a female esper. Are you guys blind it has boobs you know.
    No, Mateus is not a female. If you'd read the Esper's info, you'd know that Mateus is a man. He conjured the Shiva-looking goddess to serve him in battle. If you look closely, you can tell that there are actually two bodies; Matus is behind the ice goddess, using her as a shield.

Inform yourself before you lash out next time
    Last edited by Savannah; 04-25-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Never sleeped up my party either. I just used a Fira>Foe Gambit and quickening when he was at about 50%

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He uses sleep!!!
    You know, I didn't know he used sleep when I first fought him and despite not being immune to it managed to kill him. I won't say it was easy because I damn near got slaughtered a dozen time near the end, but I did pull it off. So yeah, I'd agree with getting some sleep immunity. As exciting as teetering on the brink can be, it's no fun when you lose.

I'll say.
    Any way ALL of my party members have ice shilds (well my main 3 anyway) I bought For some reason a redmaw droped one I AM NOT KIDDING. Also the Demonsbane just appered in my inverntory (must of been droped by an enaimy in battle and i didn't notice.
    I'm back who mised me.

I'd level up a few more levels. 27 or higher would be fine.

As others said, Ice Shields help. Keep Ice Shields on two of your allies and give them 1-H weapons (e.g. swords, axes/hammers).

You can purchase a Storm Spear and give it to your melee fighter. Mateus is weak against thunder-element, and this spear should deal high damage to him.
    When you see on the combat log "...readies Blizzaja", swap an Ice Shield to reduce the damage from that attack. Then re-equip the Storm Spear.

Take the Ice Azers out first before you go for Mateus. Use the Thundara spell to target multiple ones at the same time, but make sure that Mateus isn't one of the targets as he has Reflect on. You don't want your spell reflected back to you.
    You can give this ally a Storm Staff during this time to inflict more damage with Thundara.

Put Nishijin Belts on everybody to protect from Sleep. Mateus casts this a lot during the battle.

Use Esuna gambits to get rid of the Sap status ailment that comes with Blizzaja.

Set your healing gambits on your other two allies to keep everyone's HP at 50% or higher. You can purchase the Curaga spell at this point. Have one ally use Cura and another one use Curaga.
    Have a stock of Hi-Potions to use if your mana gets too depleted.

Before you enter the battle, buff everyone up with Protect and Shell.

Although Quickenings can do well in getting rid of the Ice Azers if you pull off a good enough chain, I wouldn't recommend trying them because if it fails, you will be left fighting with depleted mana.
    Last edited by Shiva_; 04-26-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: added advice on healing part