Thread: Yagyu Darkblade

Banned

Default Yagyu Darkblade

This thing pisses me off. I spent about 6 hours chaining Bombshell 40 times and all I got was a whole ton of Bomb Ashes, Arcana, and a High Arcana. Is there some kind of trick to getting it or something? Or was I supposed to steal it?

Another question is, does anyone think I'm ready to take on Yiazmat? I've got some good weapons, such as Masamune, Ultima Blade, Fomalhunt, etc. I might just forget about the stupid Yagyu Darkblade if I don't really need it. My main party is about level 65 and my secondary party is about level 55. I've already beaten all other marks, Hell Wyrm, and Zodiark long before I started trying to get a YD.

Oh yeah, and when I say "take on Yiazmat," I meant beat him in one sitting, without exiting the arena. This is probably one of FFXII's greatest challenges, not just because you have to endure hours of fighting, but also because you don't get to heal and restock your items whenever you want. I will only beat Yiazmat under this condition, since I've been looking forward to it ever since I got FFXII.

I really don't want to try and get a YD again, but I will if anyone feels I can beat Yiazmat with my current levels, since I also want to beat this challenge at the lowest level I can.

At your current level Yiazmat will probably wipe the floor with you if you don't recognise the value of a good tactical withdrawal. It's certainly not impossible for you to pull it off, but you'd have to hit some truly winning set-ups to do it and you'll be micromanaging constantly.

Also, if you spam Expose enough, the only thing you're really giving up by not getting the Yagyu is the potential multiple hits, which make a long, tedious fight slightly less so. But you should (ideally) now have Masamune/Genji Gloves, which will easily pick up the slack.

When I chained him 29 times, Bombshell gave 2 Yagyu Darkblades. Guess I was lucky. I also used Masamune. So, it took me almost 3 hours to kill that @#$ (level 99 + 2YD + Masamune).

And I had to flee a couple of times. He really is an ass when his HP is below 5 million. Loads of hits (sometimes, until you die), each dealing over 4000 of damage. So no, I don't think you can beat him the way you want to. Not yet.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hear people having a tough time with Yiazmat even at level 99. Try some other baddies first, like Hell Wyrm.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    I hear people having a tough time with Yiazmat even at level 99. Try some other baddies first, like Hell Wyrm.
    I already beat him and Zodiark at about level 50.

By the way, I did manage to get a YD, this time on my first try and I tested it out against Yiazmat. I start out by doing maybe 4000-5000 Damage, but after using Expose many times (Maybe 10+), I was able to get it to hit 7000-8000 each time. His regular attacks do about 1500-2000 damage with Maximilllian, and even less with Protect. Cyclone does about 4000 with Windbreakers equipped. Just how much more powerful does he become when he gets low on HP?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

wow. How about Omega Mark XII ?
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

He was talking about Hell wrym

lol, the real thing I'm struggling to do is find the hunts at VI-VIII mark level. Their jading me out here, and I'm really up for facing off against a big gun, instead of the tedious creatures, and would you really need Reddas for all this? (Facing Yiazmat...)
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Banned

Bah, never bothered trying to navigate the Great Crystal looking for him. After I had beaten Ultima, I never wanted to go there again.

Hazzard, have you tried facing the optional Espers yet? Or if you want, I could probably tell you where and how to find whatever Marks you are looking for. And no, you don't need Reddas. Just complete the Pharos event in the storyline so you can buy all available Magicks.
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-29-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post

Hazzard, have you tried facing the optional Espers yet? Or if you want, I could probably tell you where and how to find whatever Marks you are looking for. And no, you don't need Reddas. Just complete the Pharos event in the storyline so you can buy all available Magicks.
    I've obtained two of them, but I haven't really been playing XII that much lately. I still have yet, got to venture into Garamslythe Waterway and defeat those level V marks. I gotta go Barheim, and there's others like Fafnir, which I really struggle to find, even though I know I can beat him.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I've obtained two of them, but I haven't really been playing XII that much lately. I still have yet, got to venture into Garamslythe Waterway and defeat those level V marks. I gotta go Barheim, and there's others like Fafnir, which I really struggle to find, even though I know I can beat him.
    Take a look at this guide, it could be very useful for you for hunting Marks:

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Mark Hunting Guide by trowabartan

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu
    Just how much more powerful does he become when he gets low on HP?
    I'll give some details of this fight, so, if someone thinks this is a spoiler, skip this message.

First, after you take 25 million of his HP, the maximum damage you can deal is 6999/hit. So, it's as if he had 60,000,000 HP, if you could take 9999HP/hit all the time.

Also, when his HP is high, he has some nice, useless and slow attacks, giving you plenty of time to recover yourself. When he is below 10 million, he stops doing that, and will only use physical attacks and Cyclone. And he is fast. And, worst of all, he doubles his level (142, or something ).

That's why he is hard in the end. You simply have no time to recover and attack at the same time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuPu
    Just how much more powerful does he become when he gets low on HP?
    I'll give some details of this fight, so, if someone thinks this is a spoiler, skip this message.

First, after you take 25 million of his HP, the maximum damage you can deal is 6999/hit. So, it's as if he had 60,000,000 HP, if you could take 9999HP/hit all the time.

Also, when his HP is high, he has some nice, useless and slow attacks, giving you plenty of time to recover yourself. When he is below 10 million, he stops doing that, and will only use physical attacks and Cyclone. And he is fast. And, worst of all, he doubles his level (142, or something ).

That's why he is hard in the end. You simply have no time to recover and attack at the same time.
    Meh, I guess I'll just turn off Cure gambits and just keep my Arise Gambit on then. But yeah, I guess I am a bit too confident, so I'll just come back later, when I got the Tournesol and filled up the bestiary a bit and when my secondary party is also about the same level as my first party. Thanks everybody.