Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 3!

screw meh, it lookfs fing awesome. If nothing else, it will have the too much action syndrom going on. So naturally, those over paid whiny sons of bitches that make a living thinking and reviewing for us will whine

but yeah, I get to see a pre-screening Wednesday night (shortly after my divorce hearing ) at the Great Clips IMAX theater. Just a work perk, but a hella good one.

The review are generally positive. Im officially stoked.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Needs more Carnage.

I wasn't a big fan of the first two movies at all, and there are SO many clips available that I almost think it's pointless to pay 8 dollars to see the movie when I can just open up youtube.

But... Venom...

Yeah, I'll be there.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Most of the reviews I've heard so far have put it at "meh". It's a good popcorn flick but not as good as the first two movies.

I'll still go see it though.
    Currently, at least on Rottentomatoes, the general feeling hardly seems to be "meh," but it's not receiving the almost unanimous thumb's up the second received.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'm going to see the movie, probably within a week, but I'll try not to have too high expectations of the movie. First, Spider-Man 2 was such a great movie that it's hard to surpass, and second, having 3 villains and loads of storylines means that the movie could end up really rushed, with tons of flashy action scenes and a weak plot.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

i just got back from watching it! Its pretty awesome! The movie did juggle the three villians (well 2, venom and sandman! they've been setting up harry since the secong one) pretty well! The effects were spectacular and Pete was still Pete! Venom turned out better than i expected! But yeah i'd be ok if they left it with the third, actually they made it like if 3 was done it would be ok and if they were making a fourth one they still had some material from the third movie to deal with!

(SPOILER)earlier there someone said someone died in 3 and will come back in 4 (but i doubt it! you'll see) but gwen stacy does NOT die in this one i repeat shes alive and kickin....and beautiful i might add lol

Overall though its a solid movie...a solid trilogy! tied up stuff well! oh and did i mention the fights that were going on were awesome!? though i doubt thats all you came to see!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Its finally reflecting the Cartoon. Not just one beefy villain, but 3. He never had it easy in the Cartoon, no way in hell he should in the movies.

Though I still need to see 2.
    Don't bother, Spider-Man 2 sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Most of the reviews I've heard so far have put it at "meh". It's a good popcorn flick but not as good as the first two movies.

I'll still go see it though. :)
    Currently, at least on Rottentomatoes, the general feeling hardly seems to be "meh," but it's not receiving the almost unanimous thumb's up the second received.
    Which is funny because Spider-Man 2 sucked. :P

I'm not anticipating it nor am I saying I'll never see it. Maybe when it comes out on DVD or something. Television? *shrug*

Oh man, bunny must be right with the spiderman 2 sucking, it must be why it was generally well recieved and got fairly high scores.

Sorry for forming my own opinion about movies and not taking Roger and Ebert's every word for truth.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Sorry for forming my own opinion about movies and not taking Roger and Ebert's every word for truth.
    It is actually Ebert and Roeper. Roger is Ebert's First name. If I am not mistaken he gave Spiderman one a thumbs down.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Well, he's Eddie Brock, so it's not like a different person. But Topher Grace definitely isn't as buff as the comic character.
    Eddie actually appeared in the first film at the Daily Bugle (very briefly), so I guess it is a different person since Topher is taking over.

Gonna see it tonight at a midnight screening.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll most likely see it fairly soon.
    A preview clip on Letterman this week showed the scene where Pete rescues Bryce Howard's character from a collapsing building... visually, I was very much reminded of <i>Advent Children</i>'s duel amidst the crumbling wall of the Shinra building. It'll be interesting to see that scene in its entirety...

I am going to go watch it tommoroww.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    It is actually Ebert and Roeper. Roger is Ebert's First name. If I am not mistaken he gave Spiderman one a thumbs down.
    Alright, cool. I don't really pay attention to critics because the opinions of others don't really matter to me. I probably should've checked what I was doing but I might've been busy when I posted that, I cannot remember. Oh well.