Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 3!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Toby Macguire just isn't the kind of guy to pull something like that off well without looking like a doof.

On the other hand, Bruce's cameo was his best so far in the series. I totally got a John Cleese in Monty Python and the Holy Grail vibe there.
    I'm pretty sure that was the point, but to each his own. Agreed on Bruce's cameo though. It was the best of all of the movies.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Well, I'm seeing it tonight. However, I am getting the feeling that most people who give it bad reviews have no idea about what the source material is about. Sure, if Venom doesn't use the first-person plural form to refer to himself, that's a minor letdown, but that one detail shouldn't drive you to drown the movie in hate.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I saw the movie yesterday and it was the bomb, I mgiht say it's best it could be, I thought it would be too out there with 3 villains, but it only really seemed to have tow, the Hob Goblin didn't stay one for long.

BTW did Toby play both Peter Parker and Eddie in the movie?, they looked like twins except that Eddie had blond hair and was taller than Pete.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Venom was lame. Supposedly one of the most badass villains ever or whatever, and all he does is become Venom, has a little chat Sandman then causes a little bit of mayhem before being killed by noise.
    (SPOILER)He was always sensitive to noise.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    BTW did Toby play both Peter Parker and Eddie in the movie?, they looked like twins except that Eddie had blond hair and was taller than Pete.
    Eddie is played by Topher Grace who was on That 70's Show and other TV and movie stuff.

I thought the movie was hilarious. Didn't get past the second movie, but was enjoyable.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    I thought it would be too out there with 3 villains, but it only really seemed to have tow, the Hob Goblin didn't stay one for long.
    Harry's not the Hobgoblin and never was outside of the Ultimate comics (which don't really count here).

I thought it was really, really bad, and nowhere near Spiderman 2. They just ruined Venom for me. Topher Grace was just fantastic, but I feel they ruined the whole sadistic aura you're supposed to feel when Peter Parker is being controlled by Venom.

Spiderman 2 will always be the best. This wasn't as good. Such a pity.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 05-06-2007 at 07:44 PM.

best in the series so far for a plethora of reasons that evidently, people who have already posted wouldn't see anyway, which is all opinion anyway, and so i'm not miffed. but i loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Venom was lame. Supposedly one of the most badass villains ever or whatever, and all he does is become Venom, has a little chat Sandman then causes a little bit of mayhem before being killed by noise.
    I know, it just made my point look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I know, it just made my point look better.
    Actually more to the point, the suit is sensitive to intense sonics. Which is why the bells made it retreat off Peter in the Bell Tower. After that Peter was hip to it's weakness.

And I'll say it again, there really only could have been one fight between the two. Marvel keeps resurrecting characters, and keeps them around for too long and it just comes off as being contrived. Venom hates Spidey on a psychotic level and there really is no excuse for having venom around for so many years without having had one kill the other by this point. To keep the film making sense, there really only could have been one fight to the death between the two. Have we learned nothing from the rocky films? Let one great fight be enough and leave it at that.

I'm totally on the fence about this movie. =\

Let me first say that I grew up as a huge Spider-Man fan, and I completely despised the first two movies. I enjoyed this movie a great deal more than the previous.

In fact, I liked it a lot, but for all the wrong reasons. (SPOILER)It was friggen hilarious. Peter Parker's naughty trip was so over the top. I felt like I was watching the Buffy musical, and during that scene with him and Gwen at the Jazz restaurant, I half expected Tobey to burst into song.

I mainly went to see this movie due to the introduction to Venom, and this was where the movie ultimately failed me and leaves me entirely iffy. (SPOILER)I was hoping that it would only be an introduction, leading into a fourth movie with lots of Venom goodness. No. Venom was almost entirely ignored and lasted like two days Spidey-time. I didn't get the psychotic feeling from Venom. There was no crazy tongue action. The backstory was almost completely ignored, and there were way too many coincidences leading to the symbiote bonding with Brock. It was infuriating to see Venom thrown away so effortlessly.

Then again, I was very impressed with Harry's character developments. You can have the sappy love story, or the spidey-gone bad tragedy. It was Harry that ultimately caught my attention and stood out the most.

So, pretty much the only thing I can decide for certain is that I'm not interested in seeing any future Spider-Man movies - should they be filmed. Venom was like the Dark Phoenix Saga of Spider-Man, and for me, is the end-all-be-all story the movies could have done. They've sufficiently disappointed me with that (just like X-Men did), and I can safely say that any future villains or arcs they decide to pursue would just bore me to tears.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I watched it last night, and all I can say is this:

Bleh

WTF HAPPENED TO VENOM GOD DAMMIT!
    1) He's not big enough
    2) Where's the tongue?
    3) Where's the back-story that shows the suit's bizarre sense of justice?
    4) Why is he not explained properly?
    5) Since when did it make Paker have an emo fashion sense?
    6) Why is he given next to no screen-time?
    7) Why was this movie embarrassing to watch?

Honestly, if I were someone who knew nothing about Venom, I wouldn't have much of a clue as to what the hell Venom is and what it wants. I would only know that it's bad because it's made Parker an idiot.

lol, me and my friends were walking to the pub last night and 2 guys walked past and said to us "If you're going to see Spiderman, don't bother it's rubbish."

Imo, they shouldve have left Venom alive, that way he could spawn carnage, then carnage could spawn Toxin, and they could have maybe 2 more movies. ( venom and carnage, then venom carnage and toxin).
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.