Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Black Nintendo DS Lite

Default Sexy Black Nintendo DS Lite

Alright, I'm finally going to buy a Nintendo DS Lite (sexy black). These are the games I have ordered for it so far:

- Pokemon Diamond
    - Final Fantasy III
    - Mario Kart

Now, I was thinking if it is worth getting Final Fantasy IV, V and VI for it? I would get Dawn of Souls, but I already have it on PSX. What other fun games should I get for this little bitchin' handheld? I want mainly RPG's, but anything fun would be good really -- I had thought about getting Diddy Kong Racing, but I figured I'd have enough racing fun on Mario Kart. And I will probably import Jump! Ultimate Stars, though I don't know much Japanese.

P.S. I don't currently own any version of FFIV, V and VI, due to none of them being released in Australia.

P.P.S. I wish they would release Chrono Trigger for the DS.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Life is not complete without Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All, and Soon Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations.

If you're interested in IV, V and VI then you should get them, they're pretty good.

As for DS games to get, the Phoenix Wright series, Elite Beat Agents or Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and I've heard Hotel Dusk was pretty good.

Never released in Australia? Sucks, we at least got IV and VI for the SNES in America.

I got an Onyx DS Lite for christmas, and since then I've got Castlevania (both DOS and POR) FFIII, Lunar Knights and Pokemon Diamond. I reccomend them all, really. And you should seriously get FFV and FFVI, as they are two of the best FFs in the series.

And if they don't release CT for the DS, the folks at SE need to be smacked.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I haven't played FFIVA, but FFVA was nice. The script is pretty funny at times, and I haven't tried the new jobs much but that's always a good thing. I enjoyed Super Mario 64 too. I'd say at least 50% of the game is changed. Lots of new stars, changed stars, new characters, several new levels and some other things. Wario Ware is also cool, but it gets old quick.

Thanks guys, that's a good start. So, I hear about these Phoenix Wright games, right? And I just wonder, what is the gameplay like?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Jump Ultimate Stars, definitely.

I'm probably a little deeper into the DS library than most of the folks here, so I'll list some of the great games I have and know about. Stuff with a star is Japanese, but easy to figure out/Gamefaq. Since you're ordering off of Play-Asia anyway, you can get 'em. Quite a few of the DS's best games are not in English.

-FRICKIN' OUENDAN 2*
    -Ouendan*
    -Elite Beat Agents
    -Daigasso! Band Brothers*
    --These are all music games. Band Brothers was a Japanese launch title, and they were supposed to bring it out in English a long time ago as 'Jam with the Band', but it hasn't come out. Band Bros. was the first DS game to use the GBA slot as an expansion pack, there was a cartridge that added a bunch of new songs that were selected by fans. This is more similar to DDR than Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, and I still play it quite a bit. It's less 'foreigner friendly' than the Ouendan games though, so if music games aren't your thing you may want to pass until it comes out in English (if ever). The Ouendan series, however, is a must-get. Ouendan 2 comes out in 3 weeks.

More:
    -Jump Ultimate Stars* -Don't worry about the Japanese, this one is a lot more friendly than Jump Superstars and there are sufficient FAQs out there.
    -Ace Attorney Series: Phoenix Wright 1 and PW2.
    The first one is the Japanese version of the game, as they don't have 'Phoenix Wright 1' available on the site. The Japanese version comes with the complete English translation on it.
    -Hotel Dusk.
    -Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Liked it more than Portrait of Ruin (which came out after).
    -New Super Mario Bros
    Lunar Knights- This has 'RPG Elements' :P

There aren't any particularly good RPGs on the DS yet (FF3 included), though the one I've had the most enjoyable time with is Lost Magic. I have Magical Starsign, Children of Mana, Lunar and probably another one I have repressed. Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja is pretty solid, old-school fun. But if you're not into that kind of dungeon crawler, you could get frustrated with it. It's pretty hard.

There are more I could list, but I'll save it. The ones I reccomended (everything before I started talking about RPGs) I feel are great games to own. If you want to know a little more about any of the games I listed, I can tell you.

--Edit: I saw you ask about Phoenix Wright. Don't be concerned with the gameplay! You like Final Fantasy after all.
    It's all story based, sort of point-n-click in some parts, and mystery solving. The main gameplay is just reading stuff, like a 'Visual Novel'. It's usually funny and often intense when you get to the meat of the court cases. It's pretty linear, and you'll only need to play through it once. The stories are great and full of unexpected (at least for me) twists. You think you get a case all figured out, and then it turns on its ear. Quality stuff.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 04-30-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Elite Beat Agents is a must, best game on the DS period.

Get Elite Beat Agents.

Then get Sonic Rush, New Super Mario Bros., Meteos, Kirby Canvas Curse, Hotel Dusk, and maybe Pokemon if you're into that.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I didn't see that these had been mentioned already, but they probably have since they're both fantastic games. Mario Kart DS and Advance Wars: Dual Strike are both fantastic. The former is classic Mario Kart with a hell of a lot of extras and fine-tuning, making it right up there in contention for the best game in the series. And Advance Wars is maddeningly addictive turn-based strategy that's just as fun with friends (via one DS, at that) or simply through the campaign. I highly recommend both of them.

Ah, I just looked at your post again and you said you got Mario Kart. Now get Advance Wars.

the games I have...
    Age of Empires- decent, nothing too great
    Advance Wars- Great game, still play it
    Brain Age- Also fun
    Children of Mana- Fun action RPG, really easy though, and repetitive.... good multiplayer though
    FFIII- I love FFIII so yeah
    Magical Starsign- It's alright, but I never did get around to beating it
    Mario Kart- It's mario kart!
    Megaman ZX- one of my fav megaman games
    Mario+Luigi- Fun but short RPG
    Meteos- Wonderful puzzle game, great for those short periods of time
    Metroid Prime Hunters- Only get if you have wireless access
    Super Mario 64- only downside is the control pad, otherwise great
    Star Fox Command- I loved this game, one of my favs for the system

If I had more money, I'd get more games... but most of my money goes towards my Wii now, for games such as Sonic, and Super Paper Mario.... what's next?!?!?!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Tetris DS was decent. But Bleach DS is where all the fun lies.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk tie for greatest games on the DS

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. I will look up on a few more of the games mentioned here and see how much they are.

Can anyone tell me why these are so cheap?

- Final Fantasy IV
    - Final Fantasy V
    - Final Fantasy VI

It says they are new in the box.

Blog Entries

Get the Castlevania games for sure. I also have Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. Wario ware is fun too. Also Donkey Kong Racing.