Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Everybody Loves Cloud"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    I never really understood that either. Maybe they were going for the weirdly popular "harem" thing in anime with this one. I thought he was completely without personality and looked like a woman.
    Yeah, but so is Sephypoo.

Why is Cloud Likable? He's a dolt. A well intentioned dolt.
    Sephiroth was annoying too. I don't know why anyone likes any of the characters from this game, honestly. Except Cid. And maybe RedXIII.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Cloud's not cute

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    It's probly because he's a main, about all I can think of.

Also, Jessie liked him?
    yes it was obviose in the begining, and when you read about her on other sites it says that she has a crush on cloud
    I just suddenly thought: If you talk to Jessie after the train ID cards fail; she says that she "Made Cloud's ID better" but by doing so it looked more fake or something.

Is that a hint, i.e. she wanted his ID to look "Better" because of how she felt about him?

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

i wanna know this as well...many people i know like him too and im like, "well....WHY"
    he's blonde, no offense blondos....he's not particularly good looking, he has a few issues but hey that stops no one these days, and "killed" sephi how many times!!!
    i prefer sephiroth any day but there ya go
    ooh!and clouds a goodie...so i dont know why anyone would like him now!
    i cannot answer your question because i want to know the answer too!

I am not a man

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I just suddenly thought: If you talk to Jessie after the train ID cards fail; she says that she "Made Cloud's ID better" but by doing so it looked more fake or something.

Is that a hint, i.e. she wanted his ID to look "Better" because of how she felt about him?
    The word was "Special". She's obviously a teen-green hot for the dark machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady of the sheep View Post
    i wanna know this as well...many people i know like him too and im like, "well....WHY"
    clouds a goodie...!
    You're a little weird.

Maybe it's 'cause I got German in my blood (oooh SNAP, he didn't go there!) but I like the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. WTF is a goodie? Yes, he is the good guy obviously.

The main detriment I can find to his character is . . . he's got no character. He's too afraid to be anything. He doesn't want to act like a hero, he doesn't even really try to be Tifa's friend. The only time he expresses any emotion is when Aeris has a long-ass sword protruding from her stomach.

But that's his character. I kind of think most people don't actually like Cloud for being Cloud. They like his look, his bike, his sword, his attacks, and the fact that he knows Zack and Sephiroth. I think that's really about it.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    I never really understood that either. Maybe they were going for the weirdly popular "harem" thing in anime with this one. I thought he was completely without personality and looked like a woman.
    Yeah, but so is Sephypoo.

Why is Cloud Likable? He's a dolt. A well intentioned dolt.
    Sephiroth was annoying too. I don't know why anyone likes any of the characters from this game, honestly. Except Cid. And maybe RedXIII.
    i guess that your oppinion but this game is squares most popular game chances are they are going to like at leaste on of the character... Aeris all the way WOO HOO
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's the main character.

oh, he's got character. Just too much of it. If you know what I mean.

Now, if your talking about the game characters liking him, then I stick with my previous reasoning: he's good-looking. Said and done.

If your talking about real people (aka players) well that's a whole new story. Who knows. Many things. For one, he's a very weak character. This makes him seem more human, and would make him a more appealing character to some. Unique weapon always helps. Also, he's got one screwed up past, one that simply gets people totally absorbed in it, as they try to unravel it. This is just something that many people find interesting, so he comes out as a favorite. (why do people like extremely complex chars? I have no idea. o_O) Not to mention he's the major love interest of other extremely popular chars. So that's a bonus. and again, maybe it's just for the character design. It's all on personal preference.

Or it could just be because of that hair........

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady of the sheep View Post
    clouds a goodie...!
    You're a little weird.

Maybe it's 'cause I got German in my blood (oooh SNAP, he didn't go there!) but I like the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. WTF is a goodie? Yes, he is the good guy obviously.
    weird as i may be...goodie meaning hes the good guy...the "good" guy...i know how am saying it but i cant get it across
    oh ya, german kicks ass

I am not a man

Definitely The hair man!!
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

XDXDXDXD

that too, TRANS_AM409; that too.

Simple. It is a cliche. FFVII is built on 'em. This is just another Cliche (everyone likes the main character)

Well.......there's only about 7 or 9 story lines in existence you know. Ya gotta expect SOME cliches. Maybe a lot of things are based from FFVII, instead of the other way around.

Barret should get more love than that bastard!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Cloud is complex and complicated. One truly finds it hard to know what exactly racing inside his spiky blond head. He's in a complete mess, emotionally unstable (duno why i said this) and although he has lotsa buddies around, he seems to be alone. Thats more than enough to make me fall in love with him. Cos he's somewhat like my reflection in the mirror.

Well, that's my personal opinion. I didnt intend to say all these out in reference to the general public (Cloud maniacs) out there. But you guys shoud ponder and think this over. We love Cloud might be because of what we've gone through in lives resemble him in some ways. Like me. Or simply because he's Cloud and Cloud's himself. He's unique in his own ways. Same goes to other characters as well. Full stop.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

"Its those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular..."