Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross or Trigger?

Default Cross or Trigger?

Which do you prefer? I haven't played Chrono Cross yet, so I'm gonna have to go with Trigger on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Blog Entries

Default First time I ever quote something without posting something after it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    I haven't played Chrono Cross yet, so I'm gonna have to go with Trigger on this one.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chrono Trigger is my favorite. I would probably had liked Cross a bit better if it had been slightly more like Radical Dreamers... If Guile was actually Gil from Radical Dreamers I would have squealed for joy...

Overall, Trigger had the stronger cast, story, and gameplay. I also feel Cross' greatest impact only comes to those who have actually played Trigger first. But this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    I haven't played Chrono Cross yet, so I'm gonna have to go with Trigger on this one.

I like Cross a lot, probably more than Trigger. But that's probably because I played Cross first and have only had a taste of Trigger through ROM's. I think they are both great games though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I loved Chrono Cross but I didn't really enjoy most of Chrono Trigger.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I found that Chrono Cross sacrificed depth for breadth, since the number of recruitable characters were large, we only got to know a few of them well. A lot like the Suikoden series, really. Although I liked having a lot of choices. I love the music as well.

Chrono Trigger had a smaller cast so we could learn more about them. The plot was better, but I'm not a huge fan of the character designs. I liked the battle system and gameplay.

So in the end I liked them both a lot, but Chrono Cross suited me a little better.

I love them both dearly, but Cross brought some heavy maturity to the series that Trigger couldn't even begin to touch. As much as I loved Trigger, it was always either incredibly silly or very melodramatic. The generation is more to blame than the game itself, but it is what it is.

Cross.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

While Chrono Cross did have a bit more maturity, some parts of the story and characters were ridiculous and unnecessary. Pokemon reject dog, big fat momma, and Mexican wrestler immediately come to mind. So much plot that went to waste too.

HEY GLENN HOLY IT'S YOUR BROTHER! HE'S ALIVE AND KIND OF PISSED! *drop story arc*

HEY NIKKI THAT DRAGOON GIRL IS YOUR SISTER! WHOA! *drop story arc*

HEY GUILE YOU KIND OF LOOK LIKE MAGUS AND THERE'S ONE BRIEF HINT *drop*

HEY, THE COOL CYBORG GUY SEEMS LIKE HE KNOWS ROBO! THAT'S COOL *drop*

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Chrono Trigger by far. A light hearted story and fun as crap to play. Cross was too serious and needed to be more light hearted with more speed.

Chrono Cross was a great game, but in the face of Chrono Trigger it doesn't even stand a chance.

Chrono Trigger is an example of a perfect videogame.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

Chrono Trigger is waaay better than Cross imo. Especially the music, the tunes would just burn into your memory and replay over and over, but I didn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Chrono Cross was a great game, but in the face of Chrono Trigger it doesn't even stand a chance.

Chrono Trigger is an example of a perfect videogame.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Trigger all the way.
    Introducing a fully integrated the fourth-dimentional aspect was a fresh idea for mainstream gaming. Most others that had some sort of time travel had it as a one-shot plot device.

I think we've made it pretty clear that Chrono Trigger is the winner here. Cross had kind of a messed up storyline too. I couldnt quite link the two together. So its Chrono Trigger for me, all the way.
    ~*Fizzgig*~