Thread: Cross or Trigger?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    But they also appear on Opassa Beach in the True Timeline when you go fight the Devouer of Time...

Crono mentions that Lynx and Harle tried to capture Lucca to disengage the Prometheus circuit but the mission ended in failure... but it never mentioned she was killed. Was it as Chronopolis that it's mentioned?

Also... Lucca says that "they" (Crono, Marle, and Lucca) no longer exist in the main timeline. I'm guessing this can be interpreted as them being dead... yet the three "ghosts" talk as though they are the originals instead of alternate versions of them. I'm just saying that when we are dealing with a game where people can time travel and travel through parallel worlds, saying "..we no longer exist in this timeline..." doesn't necessarily mean death...

Conspiracy theory...
    Opasa beach is also a place where two different Dimensions cross. It wouldn't be surprising if another dimension crossed it as well, or if they were able to access that area from the dead sea. I mean the Gate to the devourer of time is also there, so its not unlikely that more dimensions cross that point.

and if those are the heroes of the main timeline, it really doesn't change much. Its quite likely that Lynx took out Crono and Marle as well. Given how he was a general in the Poore nation and all, he likely fought against Crono in the War and won. Maybe he even had something to do with Poore becoming a military state. That, however, is completely speculation.

And what possibly could have happened to Lucca then? They obviously don't have her trapped, and if she escaped why are they not hunting her? Also, doesn't Kid Say that Lucca was killed by lynx a few times?
    Oh thanks... I'm calling it Moore when it's actually Porre and looking like an idiot.:rolleyes2

Seriously though...

For Kid saying Lucca was dead, it's sorta've shown when Serge travels to Lucca's home we get to potentially see what Kid saw. We never see him actually kill her in fact we never even see Lucca or anyone. Kid may have assumed she died cause she couldn't find her afterwards. The "ghost" Lucca tells Kid she's happy to see her safe which is why I assume she may actually be the original.

Was Lynx actually in the Porre military? I don't remember that ever being mentioned but then again I haven't played CC in four years so I may have forgotten.

I would assume that FATE probably played a hand in making sure Crono and company can't interfere but I always assumed he was able to stop them but I can't actually believe he could kill them. Perhaps if he trapped them and took them by surprise but the game offers little to no evidence except for one. All we know is a little about Lucca's fate and I feel the evidence is not conclusive enough for either side of the debate to have an actual clear winner and just comes down to personal feelings.

But they also appear on Opassa Beach in the True Timeline when you go fight the Devouer of Time...

Crono mentions that Lynx and Harle tried to capture Lucca to disengage the Prometheus circuit but the mission ended in failure... but it never mentioned she was killed. Was it as Chronopolis that it's mentioned?

Also... Lucca says that "they" (Crono, Marle, and Lucca) no longer exist in the main timeline. I'm guessing this can be interpreted as them being dead... yet the three "ghosts" talk as though they are the originals instead of alternate versions of them. I'm just saying that when we are dealing with a game where people can time travel and travel through parallel worlds, saying "..we no longer exist in this timeline..." doesn't necessarily mean death...

Conspiracy theory...
    Opasa beach is also a place where two different Dimensions cross. It wouldn't be surprising if another dimension crossed it as well, or if they were able to access that area from the dead sea. I mean the Gate to the devourer of time is also there, so its not unlikely that more dimensions cross that point.

and if those are the heroes of the main timeline, it really doesn't change much. Its quite likely that Lynx took out Crono and Marle as well. Given how he was a general in the Poore nation and all, he likely fought against Crono in the War and won. Maybe he even had something to do with Poore becoming a military state. That, however, is completely speculation.

And what possibly could have happened to Lucca then? They obviously don't have her trapped, and if she escaped why are they not hunting her? Also, doesn't Kid Say that Lucca was killed by lynx a few times?
    Oh thanks... I'm calling it Moore when it's actually Porre and looking like an idiot.:rolleyes2

Seriously though...

For Kid saying Lucca was dead, it's sorta've shown when Serge travels to Lucca's home we get to potentially see what Kid saw. We never see him actually kill her in fact we never even see Lucca or anyone. Kid may have assumed she died cause she couldn't find her afterwards. The "ghost" Lucca tells Kid she's happy to see her safe which is why I assume she may actually be the original.

Was Lynx actually in the Porre military? I don't remember that ever being mentioned but then again I haven't played CC in four years so I may have forgotten.

I would assume that FATE probably played a hand in making sure Crono and company can't interfere but I always assumed he was able to stop them but I can't actually believe he could kill them. Perhaps if he trapped them and took them by surprise but the game offers little to no evidence except for one. All we know is a little about Lucca's fate and I feel the evidence is not conclusive enough for either side of the debate to have an actual clear winner and just comes down to personal feelings.
    Lynx is in fact in the military. Even Norris refers to him as General Lynx. Radius remembers him from his time as a Dragoon. And Fate could have kept Crono out as you said. The only person Fate can't seem to control is Crono and Lynx due to the Frozen flame.

And not enough on either side for a debate? What? It says she is dead. There is not one piece of evidence outside of "I haven't seen a body" that says otherwise. there is no reason I can concieve for Lucca to still be alive. You are right about there not being enough evidence to debate, but only because her living lacks evidence. her being dead, however, has it.

Face it Kanno, she is Gone!! Gone Forever and there is nothing you and your psudo-evidence can do about it! Mwahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except we're basing it on the fact that Kid supposedly saw it when she was 6 years old in a burning building. We even get to see the scene she remember Lynx being there, but we never see Lucca killed.

Crono only says that Lynx and Harle's mission to capture her to remove the Promethius circuit failed... he never mentions how it failed nor does Lynx/FATE or Harle.

The only evidence "she's dead" is from Kid saying so, which due to the time it happened is very unreliable evidence. In terms of evidence, eye witnesses are the most unreliable when building a case.:rolleyes2

She's alive dammit! Face it! The Great Lucca is just hiding out in the world of Xenogears until things cool down in her own dimension

Except we're basing it on the fact that Kid supposedly saw it when she was 6 years old in a burning building. We even get to see the scene she remember Lynx being there, but we never see Lucca killed.

Crono only says that Lynx and Harle's mission to capture her to remove the Promethius circuit failed... he never mentions how it failed nor does Lynx/FATE or Harle.

The only evidence "she's dead" is from Kid saying so, which due to the time it happened is very unreliable evidence. In terms of evidence, eye witnesses are the most unreliable when building a case.:rolleyes2

She's alive dammit! Face it! The Great Lucca is just hiding out in the world of Xenogears until things cool down in her own dimension
    She's about as alive as Aeris my friend. Except the truth! Lucca is gone!

FATE would never even be interested in controlling Crono or effecting any changes on the mainland, as FATE's sole mission is to maintain the El Nido paradise and prevent mainland interference to preserve the future as it was in Chronopolis's own history. Lynx did not even exist until 1010 A.D., five years after Guardia fell. Later, Lynx did manipulate Porre and the Acacia Dragoons as an agent of FATE towards this end. As for Magus, he is Magil in the Radical Dreamers continuity (replaced by Chrono Cross), and found Kid in the modern era to watch over her until she was ready to learn her true heritage (Schala, unaged to a baby and sent to the modern era after the Ocean Palace incident). Remember that the RD continuity is no longer canonical.

Masato Kato purposely left the Fall of Guardia and other details a mystery, as he lobbied to make Chrono Break in 2001 before leaving Square entirely. He's back with the company now, but apparently Square won't throw him a bone. He's probably working in hopes of getting a chance at a new game.

Anyway, most of those questions aren't able to be answered outright, but there's a lot of evidence pointing to outcomes and causes. Not to spam, but it's all centralized here:

Chrono Compendium
    Chrono Compendium

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's about as alive as Aeris my friend. Except the truth! Lucca is gone!
    Never!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeality View Post
    FATE would never even be interested in controlling Crono or effecting any changes on the mainland, as FATE's sole mission is to maintain the El Nido paradise and prevent mainland interference to preserve the future as it was in Chronopolis's own history. Lynx did not even exist until 1010 A.D., five years after Guardia fell. Later, Lynx did manipulate Porre and the Acacia Dragoons as an agent of FATE towards this end. As for Magus, he is Magil in the Radical Dreamers continuity (replaced by Chrono Cross), and found Kid in the modern era to watch over her until she was ready to learn her true heritage (Schala, unaged to a baby and sent to the modern era after the Ocean Palace incident). Remember that the RD continuity is no longer canonical.

Masato Kato purposely left the Fall of Guardia and other details a mystery, as he lobbied to make Chrono Break in 2001 before leaving Square entirely. He's back with the company now, but apparently Square won't throw him a bone. He's probably working in hopes of getting a chance at a new game.

Anyway, most of those questions aren't able to be answered outright, but there's a lot of evidence pointing to outcomes and causes. Not to spam, but it's all centralized here:

Chrono Compendium
    Chrono Compendium
    I didn't realize the creator non-canonized RD. It's a shame too, cause it was pretty good. Also thanks for the link (adds to favorites...)

Honestly, this series needs a sequel so we can clear this all up and she is alive Neocracker... just like Elvis an 2Pac

I'm in the middle of replaying the game now. when lynx and serge (SPOILER)switch places, Lynx tells kid to "avenge Lucca." And later when he's about to kill Kid he says he's going to "send her to Lucca." Unless Lynx is mistaken, she's dead. Very, and forever, dead.

Oh, and I like Trigger better, but Cross is very good too. Just annoying with the overload of characters.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I really prefer Chrono Cross in terms of story, soundtrack, and characters. Could have used a bit more double/triple techs, but that's hardly something to fault the game on

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I haven't played Cross, but I thought Trigger was fantastic.

From what I've read, Trigger is a big mess of underdeveloped characters - but I haven't played it so I can't judge.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I like Trigger better because it made sense.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a Snes emulator & Chrono Trigger & have to say it is an awesome game one of my favorite rpg's. Forgive my ignorance but what format is Chrono Cross on I'd like to play it after I finish all the dragon quest games I just downloaded. On an off topic point does anyone know where I could download dragon quest 4?